Quality of Life Improvements in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

Really nice :)!

Love the changes. :)

p.s. I honestly hope they won't be adding chat bubbles any time soon, or, if someone asked me - NEVER. I know they will, one day, but I do have a right to hope they won't. :cool:

If they are planning, please, give as an option to turn that silly thing off.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the need item window also apply to greed selections? I ask because I know I've been in groups with guildies where someone has accidentally hit greed on an item they need (and we are doing the run to specifically gear that person) and it has gone to someone else. The two hour window would be helpful to correct those situations as well. That way we don't have to run the whole thing over again and hope that piece of gear drops again.

Overall, these seem to be nice changes and a definite improvement. Hopefully, these kinds of changes will continue, with a Hood Toggle at the top of the list. ;)

Am I the only one that thinks that player will cheat with the feature where you can trade itmes that you won on a roll? If you don't need an item, you can just roll on it and if you win, sell it or just give it to a friend in the group. It defeats the purpose of a Bind On Pickup, even when they can only sell the items to people that were in the group, you will be rolling against more people.

Do other games have this steal-feature too?

Edited by Yogol

All this is so great specially cause I give a rats butt about what my companion looks like... Let's be honest. During ops and fp we rarely see our companions. How about giving us the choice to recolor items the color we want them to have??? now that is something I'm sure everybody is looking forward to get.

Am I the only one that thinks that player will cheat with the feature where you can trade itmes that you won on a roll? If you don't need an item, you can just roll on it and if you win, sell it or just give it to a friend in the group. It defeats the purpose of a Bind On Pickup, even when they can only sell the items to people that were in the group, you will be rolling against more people.

Do other games have this steal-feature too?

We have been talking about it in this very thread and I agree , apparently WOW uses this new method and works well someone said. I have some doubts that it is totally fair but what's a better solution ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

This is back-burner stuff; what about the features we've been promised since the Guild Summit and 1.2?

-Image Designer / Barbershop

-Hood Up / Down

-Revamped Space Combat

-More Species

-Interactive furniture

-Respecs

Oh and by the way, just a a real smooth move forcing me to re-name six of my server-native characters to accommodate some server-merger refugee.

As a lifetime SW fan and 8 year SWG Vet, SWTOR has been one continual let down after another; but I'm too much of a fan to quit so it's like a bad marriage. I've never hated and loved another quite like this game.

Good luck and E Chu ta!

Edited by Asharic

While I like the fact that EAWare is trying to improve the game by adding such features.....one feature would be GREATLY appreciated: A Hood Up/Down toggle function for Jedi/Sith chest pieces that have hoods attached to them. Many players want this and its STILL not in game yet....Sorry but Hood Toggle > Chat Bubbles + Facial Moods.

Agreed, and I really like these small consistent updates Bioware is giving to us. :)

Delay binding is great for me. I have never filed a ticket over it, because it is my own damn fault, but more than once – or twice – I have made commendation purchases of an aim barrel when I wanted cunning or other such stupid mistakes. So a chance to remedy my cluelessness would be welcome. And /need misclicks (which I have only done twice, thankfully on stuff no one else really was interested in) is a good idea as well.

I am also pleased with companion customization. I hate having my sidekick looking like they are wearing a clown suit. And some helmets just aren't a look I care to show off (though sometimes it can be fun to make an annoying companion wear a dippy hat. :) ).

This all looks great , the only real concern is if someone rolls need for an item in a group mission aren't they going to be tempted to leave party and sell said item within the 2 hours at the fleet ? Think carefully Bioware , because basically I know this change is supposed to improve group missions and get rid of a lot of the arguments that occur , but it seems like it might cause more arguments. Ninja looting w/e you want to call it.

As I have suggested before maybe just don't let people trade money on such items in that 2 hours ? Or something similar.

O and I second the chat bubbles , it's about time we had those , it what makes an mmorpg an mmorpg , in my eyes.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

This will be an issue, even if it were changed to allow a master looter in dungeon finder (under circumstances) for loot and the rolling problems.

Well I agree that dual spec isn't necessarily needed, it's just a nice feature to have. Obviously not having it isn't game breaking or anything but think about it from this perspective. First of all, I am with you that building your tree again only takes a couple of minutes, especially if you have it written down. But let's say that you were a PvE tank, more specifically a Juggernaut. Every single day, you like to tank your daily HM, and then respec for DPS to do PvP for the rest of the day. Having to do this every single day would certainly get annoying. So again, it only takes a few minutes, but having the option of having a second pane to just click on over to change specs would be greatly beneficial.

now that is what i call nicely argumented, and i do have to agree with you, i hope some more people would write it up this way and not just 'qq dual spec gief' :D

like i said before, this thing is more then just dual spec, its a dual build/outfit, which does fit under the motto 'quality of life'

now that is what i call nicely argumented, and i do have to agree with you, i hope some more people would write it up this way and not just 'qq dual spec gief' :D

like i said before, this thing is more then just dual spec, its a dual build/outfit, which does fit under the motto 'quality of life'

Well thank you sir :)

I'm trying to make some Quality of Life changes in the forums as well ;)

Welcomed improvements for sure!

I'd really like to know if we will be able to show Sith Corruption without having our skin turn pale and be able to choose the eye colour?

Also will we ever be able to change our characters appearance after creation? I have a few lvl 50's that I would now like to change things, like hair colour or style or add or remove scars, etc.

Thanks!

All this is so great specially cause I give a rats butt about what my companion looks like... Let's be honest. During ops and fp we rarely see our companions. How about giving us the choice to recolor items the color we want them to have??? now that is something I'm sure everybody is looking forward to get.

Keyword in your post is "I". The changes may not be what YOU want, but that doesn't mean other people didn't want these changes. Every change is important regardless of personal desire.