Quality of Life Improvements in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

Sorry but they do read our input. That's why you got to keep your names when they moved us to a new server.

What would be awesome is if our rakata items could be Bind on Legacy instead of Bind on Pickup. I am maxed in Synthweaving and Armormech and would love to be able to pass on this great gear to my other characters when they get to 50. I believe the other professions have some purple stuff we could re-use. It's a little disappointing to only be able to use them on my companions. Thanks for your consideration.

Still excited about the new changes you've described.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be awesome is if our rakata items could be Bind on Legacy instead of Bind on Pickup. I am maxed in Synthweaving and Armormech and would love to be able to pass on this great gear to my other characters when they get to 50. I believe the other professions have some purple stuff we could re-use. It's a little disappointing to only be able to use them on my companions. Thanks for your consideration.

I believe the Legacy gear already allows for this... granted the only set bonuses that will stay intact are the higher level campaign gear with mod-based bonuses; but still... Thanks to server events, I now have 2 full sets of adaptive legacy gear!

The last event also scored a legacy rifle for barrel transfers... All that's left now is a legacy saber for hilt transfers and we'll have everything.

I agree that it is a step in the right direction, but what about the "bugs" that have existed since game launch that go reported over and over? When will these issues be addressed? For example:

* LOCK THE CAMERA. I shouldn't need to keep readjusting my camera every time the screen refreshes (after a conversation, space flight, elevator ride, speeder/taxi ride). This is very annoying, especially when leaving a storyline conversation which immediately erupts into battle and you can't see your enemies because the freakin' camera adjusted to someplace behind a piece of wreckage. LOCK THE CAMERA WHERE I PUT IT. The system can remember where to put my weapon, why can't it keep my camera where I put it?

* STOP AUTO-TARGETING FRIENDLIES. The Auto-target Nearest Enemy doesn't work. Never has. It does not Target Nearest Enemy, but instead targets some random character including my companion or members of my Group, regardless of actual distance from me. It should ONLY TARGET ENEMIES, and the next one to be targeted should be the NEAREST to me. Additionally, there should be an option in Preferences to make the Companion unselectable. I never have a reason to target my companion unless I need to speak to them, and then I can click on their portrait without "targeting" them.

* DRUNKARD'S VOTE CANTINA. If you are on Coruscant, and your companion needs to speak to you in private, you cannot speak with them at the Drunkard's Vote Cantina. This has been broke since game launch and has been reported numerous times. Instead, you must travel over to the Dealer's Den Cantina, or someplace else. The Drunkard's Vote won't work.

Outstanding. The 2 hour bind delay is fine. I love the ability to match companion gear, no more harleqin outfits. These are the type of things that add to the games enjoyment, not so much needed as just nice to have, like the ability to change your face's expressions.

This is my wish list:

Robes: I would like to see a nice high level solid black hooded robe with a cape and solid black lower robe for my female sorcerer. I may have missed them, but I keep looking. The same for my Jedi sage, in Jedi brown of course.

Fashion: I would like to see the robes with hoods be able to lay back on shoulders or show over head. My Jedi's wearing a robe with a hood down on shoulders, but can't raise it. My sith is wearing a robe with a hood over her head, but can't lower it. Fashion is not a deal breaker, just a wish list :)

Transportation: I would like to see the ability to buy or tame mounts. They rode Tauntauns on tatooine. That could be fun. I don't have a problem with transportation in game. Transport on Belsavis is a bit difficult until you find the Rakatta prison transporters. But overall, you can get around very well with a bit of exploration.

Medic closest to you: I have noticed on several of the planets, that when you die in certain dungeons and must get teleported out to a medic, either by choice or game rule, you get sent past the nearest medic. There is an instance just south of the Healers Temple on Voss. If you chose to heal at a medic, you do not go to the temple, it sends you to another medic further away.

Dungeon/instance TP button: An option to click back to the start of the longer dungeon/instances when we have cleared them to the end. Some of these respawn behind us, and so you have to fight your way back out. This can be good if you want the extra exp./loot. But it can be a pain if you just want out. And again, yes there is a getaround, just TP out with Quick Travel. As said, just wishing. I'm not talking about Flashpoints here, just personal instances.

Sarlaak: not sure I've spelled this right, I mean the critter in the hole on Tattoine that takes 2,000 years to digest you. I'd like to see tentacles or such like emerge from the hole every now and then: or movement of some kind. Right now it just sits there and looks menacing. Again, just an observation.

Achievments: I'm hoping for more world achievments in the future. They are great fun. I love the speeder I got in the Scavenger Hunt, missing turbine, sparks and all.

I do really hope that no further nurfs are done to general game play. Don't cut back the story lines, or make quests easier, or make the classes to OP. Then it just gets boring. All in all, I think the game is great fun. I totally enjoy playing. I appreciate the way the dev's continue to tweek it here and there. Keep up the good work. Make it harder :)

Can't wait to the Life Improvements update. I really like all the "small" things that just keeps improving this great game. Nice job Bioware! One concern: I hope that some emotion will return to normal after ½-1 min, so we don't have open mouthed people running around:eek:

So with the big update tonight are they going to be adding the Cathar species :confused:

Not that they have mentioned :(

And I think what this game is really missing, and if you have ever done the Esseles and actually seen the movies . . . you probably missed it too . . . the trash compactor monster!

I think they should also be a playable species . . . :d_tongue:

Edited by Evgen

I believe the Legacy gear already allows for this... granted the only set bonuses that will stay intact are the higher level campaign gear with mod-based bonuses; but still... Thanks to server events, I now have 2 full sets of adaptive legacy gear!

The last event also scored a legacy rifle for barrel transfers... All that's left now is a legacy saber for hilt transfers and we'll have everything.

I did the world event on Coruscant and NarShadaa on some of my characters. The weapons are great! Risha and Zenith have the legacy sniper rifles, and Corso & Iresso have the blasters. I didn't realize how great they were until after I got them or I would've managed my commendations better. haha The game keeps getting better- worth budgeting for.

I like these coming updates, was allready impressed by the smooth graphics, but this is gonna make it even better.

Also the matching gear for comps is great and the return to your original position b4 FP and the delayed binding sounds really good, thnx bioware (and others I might forget) for everything !

And the SWTOR site is up during this maintenance :D great !!! Can't wait to login this afternoon ...

Edited by Cyber_Addict_NL

I like all the new update's you have here.

But here is one that be cool as well, give us the players to name are Companion's the whay we like them to be names........if the in game can ( typ or spell ) it out what we call are Companion's ..... that be so cool , and i thank that be a big hit to us player's

While these are positive changes, what about the persistent low fps and other core issues keeping people from playing entirely?

I'm a 20 veteran and renowned computer tech in my field. I build gaming systems for a variety of gaming needs as a professional hobby without any form of complaint from my customers. If you are having persistent FPS issues with this particular game, then you likely have any number of common system configuration issues or your systems is so old, you need to finally upgrade.

I play this game on max settings on an old Alienware M17-R1, 4GB DDR2, 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, ATI HD 3870 w/512 MB and I have zero issues with frame rate. Server lag is the only issue I face and even then it is barely worth compliant. So what is it you are actually asking for? Dumbing the game down to meet the needs of archaic or legacy computers?

"COULD BE EXTENDED" my a$% how about being honest and saying "theres no way in satans buttcrack we'll have this crap running by 8am" "we couldnt do it for transfers, so deplying a patch should take the servers down for 12+ hours" how about hiring techs worth a crap that can get the job done with a little more efficiency.

I would like to see the hood toggle on and off, but to take it a little further:

It would be great to have the option to wear most masks with the hood up... like how Revan rocked it.

As it stand now, most of the masks automatically take the hood down... it would be pretty cool to see the hood up with the masks on.

"COULD BE EXTENDED" my a$% how about being honest and saying "theres no way in satans buttcrack we'll have this crap running by 8am" "we couldnt do it for transfers, so deplying a patch should take the servers down for 12+ hours" how about hiring techs worth a crap that can get the job done with a little more efficiency.

Servers were up by 8am -- I'm logged in right now. Maybe you could take a deep breath and try to relax, eh?

Something to think about adding onto moods:

Whenever you choose a mood, it'd be kool if it not only altered your facial expression, but body language as well, even when you run! Hopefully, the dev team will take this small request into consideration!