Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

These concerns need to be addressed by Bioware/EA I have nominated this thread for this weeks community round up

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5326164#post5326164

In relation to having one mega APAC server

Open world PVP = Smugglers Den and PVP Flag the game already has it.

Role Play = A Role Play chat channel with rules don't obey the rules you get band from the channel

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These concerns need to be addressed by Bioware/EA I have nominated this thread for this weeks community round up

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5326164#post5326164

In relation to having one mega APAC server

Open world PVP = Smugglers Den and PVP Flag the game already has it.

Role Play = A Role Play chat channel with rules don't obey the rules you get band from the channel

This.

Why is my server being consolidated?

As part of server population balancing efforts, destination servers have been upgraded in order to support a significantly higher number of players. We have made the decision to centralize our player populations on a group of larger, higher population destination servers. This means that we can offer players what we feel is the best possible play experience.

Too Bad the Oceanic Servers don't count when it comes to this, yea!

I submitted this for community round up as well but it won't get talked about.

The want to talk about happy times and how good things no one cares about are.

There's no way they'll talk about this issue though *sigh*

That's becuase the live in la la land and think everything's all rosey and good....... :rolleyes:

Still don't see why people aren't just rerolling in the meantime whilst waiting for Bioware to do something. If you reroll all within a certain time period as well, you'll all be at the same level and will be able to experience the game together, surely that beats just sitting around on fleet waiting for Bio to pull their finger out of their butts.

At this rate, you can even use the XP boosts from the cash shop if you're going to complain about having to grind to 50.

Still don't see why people aren't just rerolling in the meantime whilst waiting for Bioware to do something. If you reroll all within a certain time period as well, you'll all be at the same level and will be able to experience the game together, surely that beats just sitting around on fleet waiting for Bio to pull their finger out of their butts.

At this rate, you can even use the XP boosts from the cash shop if you're going to complain about having to grind to 50.

Virtually everyone has already but we still want action our mains are stuck on a dead server

And check the proactive solution to Apac servers thread on the server page

Edited by denpic

I don't know, when I get bad service I don't look for a way to keep using the same bad service that is inconvenient.

Especially while I'm still paying for said service. Why do only APAC users have to reroll to play on a populated server.

We have enough population in APAC for 1 decent server, not a great server. EA/Bioware has the means to do something about it. They just refuse to. They won't even explain their reasoning and apologize.

No, I won't go out of my way to fix their problem.

I don't know, when I get bad service I don't look for a way to keep using the same bad service that is inconvenient.

Especially while I'm still paying for said service. Why do only APAC users have to reroll to play on a populated server.

We have enough population in APAC for 1 decent server, not a great server. EA/Bioware has the means to do something about it. They just refuse to. They won't even explain their reasoning and apologize.

Okay then, YOU can stop playing, sometimes you're going to have to be a little initiative when it comes to issues as other people aren't going to always live up to their responsibilities. Anyone else who wants to contribute to making a main APAC server can do so, I would gladly make a new alt to experience the fresh influx of lower leveled peeps.

This is my thought as well. All that time and effort I put into those characters on Gav Daragon, I don't want to lose that just because Bioware can't do their job.

It comes back to having "fun", what Bioware is (or isn't) doing is making the game not fun. I do not want to play it when they act this way. The thought of re-rolling on another server doesn't sound like fun at all. If that's the only option Bioware will give me then I don't wish to play this game any more as it would no longer be fun for me.

Having said that, right now they've not even stated that. They've left us in this disgusting limbo place. Horrid customer service. If I was running Bioware I'd be kicking these Customer Service rep's asses.

I truely hope that you, Bioware, is just busy with FTP that you are being silent on this because rest assured that FTP won't sundenly make our servers full populations, especially for end game.

At the very least if annecdotes of claimed Paid Transfers in the future by your help operators are true, can you tell us how many cartel coins it will cost per character/legacy so we know how how much we are looking at or if it can be covered by current coin totals?

The server populations are crushing us in Gav Daragon.

Having re-rolled a toon on The Harbinger I've remembered why I love this game so much. Over 250 people on the fleet and over 80 on any given planet. Regardless of whether the Oceanic servers are consolidated we'll never have that kind of population due to our time zone differences at any given time. Plus, the latency here in NZ is better on the West Coast USA server than it was on the Oceanic one anyways. Will use my cartel coins to move my Oceanic toons to The Harbinger. If you want to enjoy the game again re-roll in the USA. Even at its peak Gav Daragon couldn't match the current USA servers. Give it a try and you'll all start enjoying the game again. While the idea of Oceanic servers was a kind gesture by Bioware it clearly isn't working. Obviously it is not profitable to fix this issue in a timely manner. Go with the flow, transfer and enjoy the game again. (And no, I'm not a Bioware employee). :p

Having re-rolled a toon on The Harbinger I've remembered why I love this game so much. Over 250 people on the fleet and over 80 on any given planet. Regardless of whether the Oceanic servers are consolidated we'll never have that kind of population due to our time zone differences at any given time. Plus, the latency here in NZ is better on the West Coast USA server than it was on the Oceanic one anyways. Will use my cartel coins to move my Oceanic toons to The Harbinger. If you want to enjoy the game again re-roll in the USA. Even at its peak Gav Daragon couldn't match the current USA servers. Give it a try and you'll all start enjoying the game again. While the idea of Oceanic servers was a kind gesture by Bioware it clearly isn't working. Obviously it is not profitable to fix this issue in a timely manner. Go with the flow, transfer and enjoy the game again. (And no, I'm not a Bioware employee). :p

Indeed, I made the switch in late July, because Dalborra was hemorrhaging players then.

I originally moved my toons over to Dalborra because my guild all came over, but GW2 decimated the numbers, along with half the server, so I made a toon back on the Harbinger, I now how 3 50's back there and Id like to get my toons back over to Harbinger when and if they do allow transfers.

There's no saving the Oceanic servers, consolidation will only postpone the inevitable...