SBS (Spacebar Syndrome)

Knyghtprowler

Sooo... who else has SBS? lol

I started out listening to all the content, taking my time and getting into the story.

Truth be told - now I am just spamming space, picking darkside/lightside, spamming more spacebar and getting on with the task.

Anyone else out there feeling the same?!

Actually, for the first time ever, I really like questing. Normally I don't read quest text and I accept my kill x mobs or collect y items quests and go on my merry way. I find myself actually listening to everything everyone says and quite involved in the stories here. Yah, it takes a while and some people get annoyed with me if we're questing together, but I think it's very cool the way they've done the quests here.

Actually, for the first time ever, I really like questing. Normally I don't read quest text and I accept my kill x mobs or collect y items quests and go on my merry way. I find myself actually listening to everything everyone says and quite involved in the stories here. Yah, it takes a while and some people get annoyed with me if we're questing together, but I think it's very cool the way they've done the quests here.

I think you nailed it - most if not all my questing is done with guildies and with 4 people sitting there... it's like "lets goooooo" and there is always that one guy there listening to the VO.

I think I listened to more content when I was in beta soloing quests.

SBS FTW.

Level 50, Top Teir gear for both PVP and PVE are all that matters. In any MMO. Period.

Not the text, the voice overs, the story.. Zzzz - all a snoozefest.

There is nothing unique here. Why should we treat it any different?

Besides, I have other things to do with my time in real life, I talk fast, walk fast, think fast. If I would follow this story I would probably kill myself.

I only space bar if I, for instance, failed the quest and am being forced to hear the dialogue again only a little while later. I don't spacebar through Flashpoints even though I've done them before, because some people may have no done them before and I don't do them right on after another. I'm enjoying the voice acting and pseudo-cutscenes.

SBS, it happens. I can say with conviction that not every story will be liked by every reader.

The difference between this and a book is that a book you buy once, this game you keep paying for. If you don't like the story then space away, if you do like the story then listen to it.

It's a matter of personal taste. I once made this point in beta and got flamed to no end because the fanboys swear by the BioWare storycrafting even though like I just said not every story is for everyone.

Point being playing a game should be for the game, story is fluff sure its content but story is not gameplay.