Raid Progression

Vindrik

Hey Vindrick, I was just wondering why our teams progression is not recognised on the list on the front page? We maybe part of a guild that has cleared all the content but we are an entirely separate team, don't we deserve recognition?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because doing that gets way too messy. This is about recognising a guild's achievements, which regardless of which team gets first, you are all a part of. If I was to do this team by team, then I'd have to list about 3 teams for NS minimum, as well as multiples for other guilds. Then it gets into whether you should give recognition to individual players who were a part of a kill for the first time, or alt teams, and it's just a lot of kerfuffle for not a lot of reason.

You're still more than welcome to post, and I'm sure as with a lot of other people I'll send you all congratulations and recognise your efforts, but I'm trying to keep the OP as clean as possible, which means sticking to guild listings.

The very limited participation from the server in general is something that turned PoA off updating this thread. Its good to see new guilds participating, so maybe we will update again after the merge. We are just kinda apathetic towards this tumble weed of a thread on the arse-end of the forums. Edited by Marb

The very limited participation from the server in general is something that turned PoA off updating this thread. Its good to see new guilds participating, so maybe we will update again after the merge. We are just kinda apathetic towards this tumble weed of a thread on the arse-end of the forums.

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is currently the most active, longest-running and most posted-in thread on the Dalborra forum, by a rather significant margin. As far as I know, there are very few guilds currently engaging this content that aren't involved in this thread. I don't mind you saying you don't want to be involved, but please don't try to diminish everybody's attempts to congratulate each other on completing the hardest content available in the game.

Edited by Vindrik

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is currently the most active, longest-running and most posted-in thread on the Dalborra forum, by a rather significant margin. As far as I know, there are very few guilds currently engaging this content that aren't involved in this thread. I don't mind you saying you don't want to be involved, but please don't try to diminish everybody's attempts to congratulate each other on completing the hardest content available in the game.

I'm not having a go at people who want recognition for their achievements, we used to be happy to post here too as you know. We just feel that this thread is not representative of the server, and talk here goes beyond saying grats and veers into sycophantic bullsh*t. Some of it is even thinly veiled remarks on the speed at which some guilds are making progress, which isn't cool at all, and is entirely worthy of being diminished.

Also HM / NiM should be in the thread title if that's the only raid progress you're interested in keeping track of, though not possible to get changed anytime soon, it should be clarified near the top of the page. And I am with you 100% about not breaking down guilds into individual raid teams with separate progress. If people care so much about their specific raid team, they should just break off and make a new guild.

Edited by Marb

I know of a few. Pax 6/7 hm, synergery (pubs) 6/7 i think, PoA and Force Addicts 7/7, both 2 teams for like a month.

prolly more out there.

As marb said it's good to see more guilds getting involved and we may start posting again post xfers

as for the most posted in thread part.... without sounding like to much of an arse i think the TEHEE textual diarrhoea...may account for 1/2

Edited by commanderpaul

We just feel that this thread is not representative of the server, and talk here goes beyond saying grats and veers into sycophantic bullsh*t. Some of it is even thinly veiled remarks on the speed at which some guilds are making progress, which isn't cool at all, and is entirely worthy of being diminished.

Could you provide some quotes from the thread? I struggle to recall any real instances of this.

In fact, the only notable incident related to the speed of progression that I recall was a guild who actually tried to make a point of clearing TFB a few hours before us (well after NS had done it), then left the thread shortly thereafter. /shrug

as for the most posted in thread part.... without sounding like to much of an arse i think the TEHEE textual diarrhoea...may account for 1/2

Maybe it does. You could also argue that the other half of this forum as a whole is poorly constructed flaming from the PVPers. Pick your poison.

I can only assume you guys have been lurking this thread for quite some time, because you have plenty of opinions for people who aren't participating anymore. I don't know about you, but when I publicly excuse myself from something I don't pop back in a few months later and start taking snipes at people.

I mean really... you guys basically threw your toys out of the cot with no constructive dialogue whatsoever, and now Strudel comes back out of the blue and tries to paint a picture of holier-than-thou PoA who only left because they were above the alleged pettiness of the thread. Right.

Edited by Aurojiin

The whole point of this thread is to recognise progression through the hardest content in the game from guilds that are able to clear it. If you don't want to be part of it, for whatever reasons, that's your prerogative, and yours alone. That said, if you don't want to be part of the thread, then why are you commenting on it? There is a lot of unnecessary chatter on this thread, but all the results are in the first post on the front page so if you really wanted to know who was who in the zoo, it's displayed for the world to see, everything else in this thread may as well be general chat on fleet and has very little impact on the progression of guilds.

Long story short, if you have no invested interest in this thread, then please don't introduce your opinions upon it. Those of us that are active users of the thread are relatively big boys and girls, and we are able to conceive our own opinions of this thread.

I thought it was worth an explanation of why we stopped updating it. We do care about it. I'm not the person who ultimately decides what we do, but I do lurk on the forums, so if I'm taking the piss I'm not speaking for the guild as a whole.

Most of the thread is TEHEE having a circle jerk and smiling through their teeth at people, but I think we have also been part of the problem by joining in on the banter. We may be making people feel like they don't want to post here at all, and I think its worth discussing.

Edited by Marb

I'll admit that a lot of the posts here are by members of TEHEE, whether its updating their progress or just random chatter, but if I ever think that somebody is saying something inappropriate I do my best to step in and tell them to cut the crap. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention them "smiling through their teeth" at people, but I've never read into it that way; maybe that's just a difference in the way we're interpreting the text.

At any rate, I've done my best to try and make this an accomodating, welcoming and non-derogatory thread and have every intention of trying to keep it that way in the future. I'd welcome any discussion you'd like to bring up concerning the way the thread is handled or posted in if you feel there is an issue that is impacting people's desire to post, as long as it's kept civil (by both parties, not picking you out on this one). At the end of the day it's every guild's decision of whether they want to post here or not, I'm just trying to create a post that gives people a comprehensive look at everyone's progress on the server.

I like chicken.

Cristian NS GM.

ps. Congratulations to all the guilds clearing the HM progression and keep on truckin for those getting closer to the clear.

- Get it done, show the yanks how it is really done.

I like chicken.

Cristian NS GM.

ps. Congratulations to all the guilds clearing the HM progression and keep on truckin for those getting closer to the clear.

- Get it done, show the yanks how it is really done.

We should totally all be friends and take it to the American population on The Harbinger... here here!