If I buy the game why do I need a subscription to play?

CKNORTH

Pretty much everything that has a subscription works this way, whether it's a game, cable/satellite service, magazine, pr0n, etc... If you decide you don't want to pay when the month is up you cancel, but they hope that you won't...or forget to :) Edited by chuixupu

When I signed up I used an old pre-paid card I used for internet purchases... it only had just over a dollar on it, and it was accepted as a valid payment.

Doesn't take much.

It is kind of frustrating, but in the end I think they think it's better that people have to take initiative on the subscription part first before playing, rather than allowing people to buy it, install it, and play it, presuming that it's a "Free To Play" game, only to find out after 30 days that you can no longer play.

I'm guessing they'll change how this works once the F2P option goes live in the fall.

When I signed up I used an old pre-paid card I used for internet purchases... it only had just over a dollar on it, and it was accepted as a valid payment.

Doesn't take much.

It is kind of frustrating, but in the end I think they think it's better that people have to take initiative on the subscription part first before playing, rather than allowing people to buy it, install it, and play it, presuming that it's a "Free To Play" game, only to find out after 30 days that you can no longer play.

I'm guessing they'll change how this works once the F2P option goes live in the fall.

Good tip I may have to go dig around see if I have an old one laying around, and it's not the fact I won't subscribe it's the fact that I bought the game with 30 days on it. I'm poor adding a game card or payment method is like 2 weeks away on my disability pension to the person asking if was was 12 ffs

Good tip I may have to go dig around see if I have an old one laying around, and it's not the fact I won't subscribe it's the fact that I bought the game with 30 days on it. I'm poor adding a game card or payment method is like 2 weeks away on my disability pension to the person asking if was was 12 ffs

Well, I'm still confused. According to your sig, you preordered & have the Collector's Edition? How is this an issue for you now?

Well, I'm still confused. According to your sig, you preordered & have the Collector's Edition? How is this an issue for you now?

Because when I got it it was fing Christmas time if you recal? Or do you not remember when this game became live. Not only that it was a year ...... Not trying to be rude but seriously things change within the span of a year

Edit: ok /rant off sory all I wanted was to play on my 30 day, got it worked out tho thanks to the person who actually helped.

Edited by CKNORTH