Hey BW, how about stating reasons for unscheduled maintenance?

JimG

I don't have the time to live in these forums and keep on top of every new bug that pops up. Going to the community page or developer tracker and seeing generic unscheduled maintenance announcements gets a little frustrating. Can't you at least state in these announcements WHY there needs to be an unscheduled maintenance mid-week? For us West Coasters that play at night and like to stay up late, you're cutting into a major portion of our playtime when you have maintenance at midnight for us. I'd probably be a little less frustrated though if I knew the reason why you need to have an unscheduled maintenance along with the announcement without having to hunt all over to find out what's broken.

I am hoping it is for the FPS drop from 1.3.7. Or the patch deployed yesterday to fix classes broke something else entirely new.

Also, chill out... for us, europeans, it really screws up with the daytime play.

Edited by Styxx

I'd probably be a little less frustrated though if I knew the reason why you need to have an unscheduled maintenance along with the announcement without having to hunt all over to find out what's broken.

This is the moment when common sense usually steps in. However, being that it didn't happen and you had to make this thread, I will lend you some:

The maintenance is happening because stuff needs fixed.

I don't have the time to live in these forums and keep on top of every new bug that pops up. Going to the community page or developer tracker and seeing generic unscheduled maintenance announcements gets a little frustrating. Can't you at least state in these announcements WHY there needs to be an unscheduled maintenance mid-week? For us West Coasters that play at night and like to stay up late, you're cutting into a major portion of our playtime when you have maintenance at midnight for us. I'd probably be a little less frustrated though if I knew the reason why you need to have an unscheduled maintenance along with the announcement without having to hunt all over to find out what's broken.

You sound a little irritated. You know what helps calm me down when I'm irritable? Sleeping. I hear that a lot of people nowadays are sleeping around then. I was doing it before it was cool though. Just a friendly suggestion!

I am hoping it is for the FPS drop from 1.3.7. Or the patch deployed yesterday to fix classes broke something else entirely new.

Also, chill out... for us, europeans, it really screws up with the daytime play.

Just in case it helps... 1.3.7 murdered my frame rate. Updating my video card drivers brought it back to normal.

OP, I totally hear ya ... its always the same thing - im in hawaii and the monday night maintenance is right at prime playing time ... 9pm ... ***? Im sure west coast, hawaii, australia all get screwed over every single week. I have limited time to play and it sucks getting screwed over week after week after week. why dont they just do it when people are at work / school and by geography.

I come home tonite hoping to play and nope, another downtime ... always at the same friggin time - super irritating and the vagueness of the announcement is even more irritating. No, i dont want to go to sleep at 9pm either haha.

I guess I'll go play GW2 ... i only play it when swtor is down and w/ my luck, its gonna be down for a new version release or something stupid too. The GW2 fans had a laugh when i posted on their fb page that i play gw2 as a backup to swtor :p

Edited by Himeji_Endless

1.3.8 Patch Notes

9/13/2012

General

Corrected an issue that caused a significant performance drop for some players after patch 1.3.7.

Hurray!!! Our FPS should be back! :D

Just in case it helps... 1.3.7 murdered my frame rate. Updating my video card drivers brought it back to normal.

Good advice. Unfortunately, I AM running the latest ones. WHQL, at least. I don`t touch Beta.

Edited by Styxx

its really not that big of a deal man. why dont you try sleeping, or maybe finding a girlfriend?

Some people like me go to school and work and have late nights to play. And i'm pretty sure your just trolling but how do you know he doesn't have a girlfriend?

Overall I am bummed that I won't be able to play tonight, but in the end it is most likely worth it if its to fix problems.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1Ujh5PNXmfY/TAxgYjjpCQI/AAAAAAAAAQg/llAtpWug2qE/s1600/dawson-crying+copy.jpg

I don't have the time to live in these forums and keep on top of every new bug that pops up. Going to the community page or developer tracker and seeing generic unscheduled maintenance announcements gets a little frustrating. Can't you at least state in these announcements WHY there needs to be an unscheduled maintenance mid-week?

They don't say what they're doing until afterwards because they don't want people to know if they're fixing an exploit or not. Would you like them to say "Tonight we're taking down the servers to fix an exploit that grants players 10 billion credits. Please don't abuse this any further until we can fix it."

The American game, American timezone maintenance doesn't fly as the same thing doesn't apply to media made in other countries.

Anyway, its sucks. Blah blah blah. They know we don't like it, they just don't care, because their EAware, and EA has never cared about anything outside of the US freakin' A. Bioware doesn't exist anymore. I guess if you don't like it, stop giving your money to a company that clearly doesn't care about you, the customer.

Edited by Selvec

Can't you at least state in these announcements WHY there needs to be an unscheduled maintenance mid-week?

No, apperently they can't. I suppose it's too much work to add a sentence to their announcement... they've been doing it this way since the start of the game and apperently, this piece of extra information isn't part of their ''better communication'' plan.