Versus Series Battle 2: Boba Fett vs. HK-47

Bird_of_Thunder

why can he hear in space at all... superman's entire character is just one big PIS..

OMG Lois Lane died? well fly around the planet backward and change time!

Well that wasn't really a PIS moment, he used his super speed with his flying to grab a hold of the Earth and rotate it. I mean given Supes power set and all, it seems like something he'd be able to do. Sure it was Silver Age based, but still I mean compared to the other things Supes has done why couldn't he do that? Batman shouldn't be able to sneak up on a hero, that can hear everyone on Earth at any given time.

As I recall can't Supes also hear heartbeats too? So couldn't he also hear Bruce's heart as he sneaks up? But anyway, I believe we are getting off track here. XD So ya Boba can win.

Am not saying that Supes doesn't have PIS feats, but compared to what he can do it could be more believable.

Batman and Boba are only human, and half the things they do they shouldn't. In fact, both of them should have died already.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that wasn't really a PIS moment, he used his super speed with his flying to grab a hold of the Earth and rotate it. I mean given Supes power set and all, it seems like something he'd be able to do. Sure it was Silver Age based, but still I mean compared to the other things Supes has done why couldn't he do that? Batman shouldn't be able to sneak up on a hero, that can hear everyone on Earth at any given time.

if we put aside how ridiculous it is to rotate the earth backward and have it turn back time... if he can turn back time that easily why doesn't he just do it every time something bad happens then stop it before it starts?

but again comparing the "power" of imaginary characters in a fight is silly because they don't follow rules... the rules follow whatever the writer wants the character to be able to do for the plot and can change at any given moment

if we put aside how ridiculous it is to rotate the earth backward and have it turn back time... if he can turn back time that easily why doesn't he just do it every time something bad happens then stop it before it starts?

but again comparing the "power" of imaginary characters in a fight is silly because they don't follow rules... the rules follow whatever the writer wants the character to be able to do for the plot and can change at any given moment

Well because, then it would ruin the plot if he did so every time lol. But ya, about the rules follow whatever the writers want hence PIS. I mean...I guess I give Boba more hard time about his PIS stuff, then the others cause you see him in the movies act one way but in the EU they do a complete 360 on him, same with his dad too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How so? With his standard equipment, I don't see Batman lasting long. If he had the Insider suit on, then he may take it sure.

Cause Batman's scarier than Boba Fett. I tell you what. If I had to choose who I would bumb into in a dark alley, i'll pick Fett any day.

Anyway. I think Boba would win. I can't say how exactly, all I know is Boba would win.

Well because, then it would ruin the plot if he did so every time lol. But ya, about the rules follow whatever the writers want hence PIS. I mean...I guess I give Boba more hard time about his PIS stuff, then the others cause you see him in the movies act one way but in the EU they do a complete 360 on him, same with his dad too.

well you have to remember originally when he was put in the movie he was pretty much just an "extra" filling a background spot in the plot... it wasn't until he became a fan favorite that he got some love... and any character going from a nobody extra to a main character in an IP tends to have to do a 360 to make it work

tho it says a lot for him that with almost no speaking lines and mere minutes of screentime part of which was dying in an unflattering way (happens when extras stand to close to the hero lol) he amassed such a massive fan following

Edited by Liquidacid

well you have to remember originally when he was put in the movie he was pretty much just an "extra" filling a background spot in the plot... it wasn't until he became a fan favorite that he got some love... and any character going from a nobody extra to a main character in an IP tends to have to do a 360 to make it work

tho it says a lot for him that with almost no speaking lines and mere minutes of screentime part of which was dying in an unflattering way (happens when extras stand to close to the hero lol) he amassed such a massive fan following

I don't understand how he became so popular. He did literally nothing. If it's because he looks cool then that's just :(. I judge characters based on their actions. I don't think Boba's all that great because he didn't do anything. But now that he's this uber-leet character, I do like him. Becuase he actually does something.

True, but thats the thing. Back then, he was a bounty hunter meaning he went and caught bounties and the like. He seemed like he would be able to do well against non-force user players, this is more implied in the sarlacc scene with him going to pick a fight with Luke. He stood no chance against him whatsoever, but in the EU we have him squaring off against Vader of all people.....so lets get this straight here. We clearly see that he is no match for a force user in the movies which are G-canon, yet in a C-canon novel(or is it a comic?) we see him picking a fight with Vader,

Big PIS? HELL YES, that fight was bigger PIS then him escaping out of the sarlacc. Not only was that fight PIS, but it was also WIS and CIS(for Vader)....I really really wish that novel/comic was N-canon, because it completely goes against what was shown in the movies. Same with Jango and him killing 6 jedi with his bare hands....yet he could barely get away from Obi-Wan and got his head chopped off by Mace...now yes I know that the latter 2 were jedi masters but...fighting 6 jedi with your bare hands? You know, guys with the force to enhance them? Guys who pretty much trained since younglings to be experts in CQC?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

True, but thats the thing. Back then, he was a bounty hunter meaning he went and caught bounties and the like. He seemed like he would be able to do well against non-force user players, this is more implied in the sarlacc scene with him going to pick a fight with Luke. He stood no chance against him whatsoever, but in the EU we have him squaring off against Vader of all people.....so lets get this straight here. We clearly see that he is no match for a force user in the movies which are G-canon, yet in a C-canon novel(or is it a comic?) we see him picking a fight with Vader,

Big PIS? HELL YES, that fight was bigger PIS then him escaping out of the sarlacc. Not only was that fight PIS, but it was also WIS and CIS(for Vader)....I really really wish that novel/comic was N-canon.

That fight with Vader was really bad. The guy that killed hundreds of Jedi can't beat a bounty hunter? Vader could have just Force Choked him or Force shoved Boba's trophy saber up Boba's place where the sun don't shine.

I wouldn't worry about that comic with Boba vs Vader... I mean it is technically canon but it's not referred to in any of the other books or comics really so you can pretty much just ignore the fact that it ever happened... I like to imagine that Vader was just messing around with him because he was an asset so he didn't want to kill him

it's the same as how except for some of the clone wars stuff JarJar is never spoken of so I generally pretend he never existed... lol

Edited by Liquidacid

I wouldn't worry about that comic with Boba vs Vader... I mean it is technically canon but it's not referred to in any of the other books or comics really so you can pretty much just ignore the fact that it ever happened... I like to imagine that Vader was just messing around with him because he was an asset so he didn't want to kill him

That would make the most sense. Sith are trained to use a tool to its full effect and then dispose of it... permanently.

I like to imagine that Vader was just messing around with him because he was an asset so he didn't want to kill him

That is what it was, they both have an unsaid mutual respect for each other. Both had an opportunites to kill the other in that comic, clear cut ones, and didn't take them. In Empire, Fett said something to Vader that would have got most people force choked but I don't remember what it was (I just remember thinking ooh the first time I saw it and heard him say it to Vader) that shows some respect right there.

Edited by Tuscad

Easy...Fett was beat by a blind man with a stick

HK-47 has a droid army, and kills meatbags for fun.

Do the math

And no, I didn't read the books about Fett, I don't like Bobba Fett, I like the Mandalorians, but I dislike the Fetts, should've stayed dead in the sarlac, would've fit nicely with the Mandalorian history of being used as a means to an end and then suffering a devastating defeat.

Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai

Or are they both starting 50km apart and are trying to hunt the other down in the jungles of Kashyyyk?

In that scenario, I would have to give it to Boba. He can get up into the trees and utilize stealth tactics to hit HK when he's most vulnerable.

See, that just makes me think of a Predator Vs. Boba Fett scenario.

Do the math

And no, I didn't read the books about Fett, I don't like Bobba Fett, I like the Mandalorians, but I dislike the Fetts, should've stayed dead in the sarlac, would've fit nicely with the Mandalorian history of being used as a means to an end and then suffering a devastating defeat.

Well being fair, HK-47 didn't do **** with his army and was beaten by nameless spacers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Do the math

Well to be fair, Boba wasn't even trying to kill han at the moment and Han hit Boba by accident. So I don't count that as a real victory.

meh and he went on to be a major force in tons of the EU and got novels and comic series written about just him.... how many novels and comics star HK? hmmmmm? lol

and we could argue the actual canon of those books as part of star wars canon is you can't go against g-canon.

So if G-canon shows Boba Fett to be one way ie beaten by a blind Han Solo (officially dying in the sarlac pit), beaten by Assasge Ventress (in all of the Clone Wars he is shown to be a bit well slow or at least not as good as Jang) and so on then all those things in the EU wouldn't be valid. He really is a completely different character in the EU then what is presented in the movies and the TV series both of which are higher on the canon list.

Well to be fair, Boba wasn't even trying to kill han at the moment and Han hit Boba by accident. So I don't count that as a real victory.

no but his aim was horrible at Luke and it shows Boba has no special awareness. Also look at the times he has been beaten in The Clone Wars series. The only stuff that says he is a bad *** are EU books.

no but his aim was horrible at Luke and it shows Boba has no special awareness. Also look at the times he has been beaten in The Clone Wars series. The only stuff that says he is a bad *** are EU books.

Well, he was only a kid. Beating a kid isn't really saying much.

Well, he was only a kid. Beating a kid isn't really saying much.

but look what he does in his "prime" on Jaba's barge when there is trouble instead of just killing luke from a distance

he decides to fly to a small barge that is maybe 14feet long so he has to be in striking distance of a Jedi with a Lightsaber (you think he would have learned from the mistake of his father)

he then stands there with out firing while luke destroys his blaster.

Luke then hits his jet pack and falls over.

Boba Fett then apears to be knocked out or at least dazed because he stays down on the ground for a while and then slowly gets up.

Luke jumps away because he KNOWS Boba Fett isn't a threat.

Boba then aims his wrist blaster at luke and MISSES not once BUT TWICE. He doesn't even get close.

Then Blind Han Solo takes him out. Boba Fett doesn't even notice someone behind him YELLING HIS NAME.

Sorry but Boba Fett is shown to be a clumsy idiot in cool looking armor.

Edited by jarjarloves

I can saw that the BioWare team more than likely borrowed some of the SWG elements. Such as HK-47 running a droid factory and fending off/testing a team of 'heroes' and is beaten at the end, only to seem that he's not really gone for good (you get a Plaque courtesy of HK in SWG that says "Meatbag" on it for defeating him and suggests that HK is still around). And we know that after the Foundry, HK-47 gets taken by Malgus, upgraded and you face him again during the False Emperor flashpoint.

Now, all reason points to one of each class facing HK-47. All class stories are canon as are the World arcs as well and a number of things, from what I hear, are going into the latest SWTOR novel coming out later this fall. So, all in all, we have HK-47 fending off the likes of the Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox (Dark side), Cipher 9 and the latest Mandalore. That is pretty much the most hardcore team you could put together. Think Han, Slave Leia, Lando and Luke at that point could come anywhere close to even one of these people?

Think Han, Slave Leia, Lando and Luke at that point could come anywhere close to even one of these people?

Actually Luke could probably take then on one at a time. He probably couldn't beat all four at once, if you mean ROTJ Luke. If not Luke could pwn them while eating a nerf steak sandwich. He wouldn't need Han, Leia and Lando.

Yeah, not pleased with the direction they went with HK-47, he could have been an entire story to himself in the relatively untamed Old Republic, I mean look what they did with Revan, quite possibly the most recognizable name of the Old Republic, and they have him imprisoned by the Sith for 300 years...

Wow...

These people sure know how to use their characters.

Let's not forget what they did to the Exile for that matter...I've seen better character write offs in wrestling.