your most hated planet in swtor

saiyanjedidmv

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitting a bunch of planets, doing heroics and such, on a couple of my alts... by chance I was doing them in more or less the order people level through them... or at least my visits corresponded to someone leveling through them... and I remember on so many of the planets hearing "oh my gawd! I hate this planet soooo much!!!"

...well, you hated the last two planets, you probably hate the next two, so why are you actually playing???

my least favorite planets in order

1) Hoth-it's way to bright for my taste

2) Voss

3) Alderan (Empire Only). This is left over from launch, since you had to do all the quests on planet (or close to it). This planet seemed to drag on forever. It's not bad now with level sync however.

I just couldnt care less for Voss and its people. Balmorra comes as a close second, i've done it so many times it's just way too boring. Honorable mentions to Alderaan and Taris.

I agree with you about the Voss people. I found myself irritated by them to the 'n'th degree. The planet itself was pretty, but the people...urgh. :rolleyes: I really wish Valkorion would've eaten that planet instead.

Iokath

Least imaginative.

Least interesting.

Most grindy.

Appallingly bad story.

Excessively over-used.

Sooner it is gone and we never have to go back the better.

All The Best

Yep. Iokath is the worst now. I always skip the dailies/weekly since they are so tedious and not fun. Also, many of my toons haven't even done Iokath story except for the ones who wanted either Quinn or Elara on their team (If they are an original class companion, I just use the terminal on Odessen to get them back.) As for my resource gatherers who haven't started Iokath, I just get a guildie to summon me there so I can gather grade 10 mats. Eventually I will unlock Iokath for them, but I am in no big hurry to do so.

But of the original vanilla story planets, I hate Quesh the most.

I used to hate Belsavis the most but have gotten used to it and figured out how to navigate it (even before quick travel points and taxi locations were revealed.) I think the reason I hated Belsavis initially is because on my very first toon I ever leveled, I thought Belsavis was unbelievably hard. I remember dying the most on that planet while leveling. I thought the Jedi Knight Class Story missions on Belsavis were comparatively harder for first timers (compared to missions on the other planets.) My first toon was a Sentinel and I can't even remember how many times I died in the first area, especially trying to beat Colonel Hareth (female pureblood Sith Imperial soldier.) Of course, that was when I was trying to learn the game and how to play. Didn't know anything about rotations, how to gear properly, my abilities, skill trees, etc. Just smashing buttons. Also, I couldn't stand Doc, so I never used him while leveling. I used Kira all the way through. Therefore, I never got any heals while leveling except from my own medpacs. And I can't even remember how many times I accidentally got too close to an imperial base while navigating new areas and getting one-shotted by champion mobs guarding the base. Some other planets were like that too, but with Belsavis, some of the bases you didn't see until it was too late. At least on other planets, you rarely had to cross into the other faction's territory while doing class story. And if you did, you could see the enemy base from a distance. On Belsavis, before unlocking all the travel points and taxis for the first time, you had to blindly run a gauntlet through enemy territory, it seemed, never knowing what was around a corner or a turn in the road.

In general, I don't like the urban, industrialized or cesspool planets. I prefer the scenic outdoor planets, with Voss being my favorite, followed closely by Alderaan and Makeb. I really loved Makeb pre-nerf of 2.x (right before 3.0 was released.) When Makeb got nerfed, it made it so much less fun and wasn't challenging anymore. That challenge shifted to Oricon, but Oricon, IMO, isn't as nice as Makeb.

Zakuul - it kind of ruined the Old Republic story that started in KOTOR.

I'm not sure why BW thought that they had to introduce a out-of-left-field third faction to continue with and finish the Emperor's story. Disappointing, the way it ended, the game's main story, and one going back to 2003 for many.

Edited by arunav

What is the planet in swtor that you hate the most.

For me it is quesh that planet looks terrible(and I normally prefer nature) the opponents there feel harder than they should be and in one quest two enemies in this one boss fight revive immediately after you are defeated!

If I had it my way I would take a death star and blow that planet up!

Balmorra and Makeb. I find both extremly boring. Both planetar design also storylines. The only thing I like about them are the music tracks. Especially the balmorran one.

Edith just reminded me that I also dislike Iokath for the same reasons other players do. And when it comes to the daily missions, IMHO those are the least fun of all. They are just pains in my arse. My mostly disliked missions are anyway running with some vechicle around. Or simply put, I hate the Walker missions.:mad:

Edited by Isnogut

Wow, Sept 2012 thread :eek:

My opinion hasn't changed from when I first replied in this thread back then, Corellia.

While the setting and atmosphere is ok, the pathing is what drove my intense dislike of the place.

Sometimes it's easier to just necro an old thread that has a very specific topic that has no age limit like this.

Sometimes it's easier to just necro an old thread that has a very specific topic that has no age limit like this.

True, I have no problem with it. In a tech forum that I was mod of for 5 years or so, warnings and infractions were handed out for making new threads that covered old topics., so nercoing, as some call it was encouraged so the relevant info was much easier to find. :)