Darth Caedus vs Yoda

BrandonSM

Yup, he was doing everything but actually getting physically involved and he actually distracted Caedus with his presence and kept caedus from finding Jaina, who would have definitely been killed otherwise.

Now I will note, all of these things didn't happen in one duel, it was more like a prolonged on and off duel that took place all over Caedus' SSD, IIRC.

No, the first fight between Jaina and Jacen (I hate the name Caedus, I refuse to call him that.) took place on a large asteroid mining facility or something. The fight on the Anakin Solo (Jacen's ISD, it wasn't a SSD.) took place deep inside the ship in the incerator room where Jacen was disposing of Prince Isolder's body. That fight was brutal and the winner was in doubt until he sensed that Tenel Ka and Allana were in danger. That caused him to try and plea for Jaina to let him go help them, to which Jaina basically said "hell no!". Jacen may have won if not for Jaina slicing through his achilles tendon, preventing him from even standing again. At that point he used the Force to warn Tenel ka before Jaina finished him.

As for Jacen and Yoda...at what age would Yoda be? Yoda could win unless the fight was drawn out. His age would begin to show, giving Jacen the advantage. Also, Flow-walking would not help Jacen, so having that power means nothing in a fight.

Edited by Kilikaa

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the first fight between Jaina and Jacen (I hate the name Caedus, I refuse to call him that.) took place on a large asteroid mining facility or something. The fight on the Anakin Solo (Jacen's ISD, it wasn't a SSD.) took place deep inside the ship in the incerator room where Jacen was disposing of Prince Isolder's body. That fight was brutal and the winner was in doubt until he sensed that Tenel Ka and Allana were in danger. That caused him to try and plea for Jaina to let him go help them, to which Jaina basically said "hell no!". Jacen may have won if not for Jaina slicing through his achilles tendon, preventing him from even standing again. At that point he used the Force to warn Tenel ka before Jaina finished him.

As for Jacen and Yoda...at what age would Yoda be? Yoda could win unless the fight was drawn out. His age would begin to show, giving Jacen the advantage. Also, Flow-walking would not help Jacen, so having that power means nothing in a fight.

Age means nothing.

Well, I think Yoda has a higher knowledge of the Force than Caedus does. I rank Yoda as the wisest Jedi ever. So I think he wins in a battle of Force powers, but it would be close. As for Lightsaber skills. I'm not sure. Yoda demonstrated his skills by fightning Dooku to a standstill and surviving a fight with Sidious so he has the skill. I'm not entirely sure about Caedus, though.

I think Yoda would pull through in the end.

Yoda is indeed one of the top Jedi ever, if not the top Jedi;but if you recall he could only fight Sidious to a draw and knew he would lose eventually. I guess it would all depend on how you think Caedus and Sidious match up.

It's a tough call, but I give it to Caedus.

Yoda is indeed one of the top Jedi ever, if not the top Jedi;but if you recall he could only fight Sidious to a draw and knew he would lose eventually. I guess it would all depend on how you think Caedus and Sidious match up.

It's a tough call, but I give it to Caedus.

he lost to Sidious not a draw

he lost to Sidious not a draw

But he came close. Not many can survive a duel with the true Lord of the Sith. Yoda did pretty good in that duel, but he was eventually overwhelmed by Sidious' dark powers.

How many Jedi could go toe-to-toe with Sidious and survive? Not many, imo.

I think Yoda would end up winning for some rather simple reasons.

1. I don't think Darth Caedus ever fought against an opponent that was as short as Yoda is, add in the fact of Yoda's Ataru mastery.

2. Shatterpoint wouldn't be anything new to Yoda.

3. Everyone is talking about tricks that Caedus knows, but Yoda has 800 years+ worth of experience and tricks, so question is how much does Caedus not know but Yoda does.

Yes Caedus was able to take on Luke Skywalker, however Skywalker nearly killed him in their first duel, and only reason he didn't get killed was due to Ben nearly going darkside in front of his father; their second duel was simply a distraction. So this he can take on Luke isn't entirely true, let's face it Luke knew perfectly well he could mop the floor with Darth Emo, but he didn't want to become the next despot.

Jaina nearly got killed in her first bout, and in their second bout it was a very narrow victory for Jaina. That much is true, but don't go talking about him being able to take on Luke Skywalker and beat him in a duel cause every time Caedus did, he lost.

I think Yoda would end up winning for some rather simple reasons.

1. I don't think Darth Caedus ever fought against an opponent that was as short as Yoda is, add in the fact of Yoda's Ataru mastery.

2. Shatterpoint wouldn't be anything new to Yoda.

3. Everyone is talking about tricks that Caedus knows, but Yoda has 800 years+ worth of experience and tricks, so question is how much does Caedus not know but Yoda does.

Yes Caedus was able to take on Luke Skywalker, however Skywalker nearly killed him in their first duel, and only reason he didn't get killed was due to Ben nearly going darkside in front of his father; their second duel was simply a distraction. So this he can take on Luke isn't entirely true, let's face it Luke knew perfectly well he could mop the floor with Darth Emo, but he didn't want to become the next despot.

Jaina nearly got killed in her first bout, and in their second bout it was a very narrow victory for Jaina. That much is true, but don't go talking about him being able to take on Luke Skywalker and beat him in a duel cause every time Caedus did, he lost.

I think Yoda's short stature is his biggest advantage in a battle. Caedus has never faced anyone as short as Yoda. So not only is Yoda faster, but his size will also throw Caedus off.

Yeah. Luke would mop the floor with Caedus. You can't really say Caedus dueled Luke because Luke was always holding back.

I think Yoda's short stature is his biggest advantage in a battle. Caedus has never faced anyone as short as Yoda. So not only is Yoda faster, but his size will also throw Caedus off.

Yeah. Luke would mop the floor with Caedus. You can't really say Caedus dueled Luke because Luke was always holding back.

Size matters not. True that statement is.

But he was preparing for it. Sidious said that he was waiting a long time to face Yoda, so he was preparing for it. He considered Yoda his biggest threat, but Windu proved otherwise.

Caedus with Shatterpoint makes him automatically win in a duel.

As a Sith Lord, he demonstrated the ability to strip and restore the use of the Force to Jedi and manifested the rare ability to see shatterpoints—crucial weaknesses in people, situations, and objects

He had the Aing-Ti Fighting Sight Ability. That allowed him to see events in a battle moments before they happened.

He also had mastery of Force Illusions near the same level of Luke Skywalker if not the same level.

In order to defeat him, it needed Jaina Solo and the help of Luke Skywalker.

You do realize what that means right? First off, those are 2 Skywalkers. One who is in his prime and the other who is still training. Those are 2 Force-Users with the potential to become gods, one who is pretty much at it if not, almost there..

As a Sith Lord, he demonstrated the ability to strip and restore the use of the Force to Jedi and manifested the rare ability to see shatterpoints—crucial weaknesses in people, situations, and objects

He had the Aing-Ti Fighting Sight Ability. That allowed him to see events in a battle moments before they happened.

He also had mastery of Force Illusions near the same level of Luke Skywalker if not the same level.

You do realize what that means right? First off, those are 2 Skywalkers. One who is in his prime and the other who is still training. Those are 2 Force-Users with the potential to become gods, one who is pretty much at it if not, almost there..

So shatterpoint is basically an I win button. What happens if Yoda has no weak spots?

Always in motion is the future. Yoda knew this above anyone else.

And you think someone as wise as Yoda would fall for a simple illusion?

I'll give you that one, but Yoda is incredibly powerful. Surely he has some chance to win in this duel.

For the record, I think Mace Windu would beat Caedus

as you just said, he was killed tho, by his sister a human

yoda was not killed by a human, only time could destroy him

Edited by grandmthethird

as you just said, he was killed tho, by his sister a human

yoda was not killed by a human, only time could destroy him

Caedus would have killed Jaina if Luke hadn't distracted him with the force.

He would have been killed if he attempted to fight Sidious for a longer amount of time.

Well, I doubt Caedus could have beaten the Emperor either. Sooooo... :D

Caedus towards the end of his life was starting to achieve that force god status, many Jedi stated that only Luke Skywalker would be able to defeat Darth Caedus and whilst no he couldn't handle full on Luke, neither could anybody else, ever.

He came closer than almost everybody else, whilst he was not as powerful as Sidious in the force, I would say he was definitely better than Sidious in lightsaber combat, in-fact people didn't even consider Kyle Katarn strong enough to handle Caedus.

In my full opinion, I think the only reason people doubt Caedus as a Sith and his power, is just because he was 'emo'(apparently) and modern day hipsters think 'emo' is a no-no.

Well, I doubt Caedus could have beaten the Emperor either. Sooooo... :D

No. But he is arguably the second most powerful Sith Lord. 2nd or 3rd.

We are going from what we know of Yoda, even though we probably haven't seen him do all of his abilities. We are going on what we have seen. So saying several hundred years of experience in my opinion is in-valid. Caedus had 30 years of experience and he was considered a threat to Luke Skywalker who was arguably near his prime if not at it.

In my full opinion, I think the only reason people doubt Caedus as a Sith and his power, is just because he was 'emo'(apparently) and modern day hipsters think 'emo' is a no-no.

I hate Caedus and I hate Anakin(In the movies, he is much better in the books) personality-wise. But that doesnt mean people have to ignore their power.

And some-times, I hate a character for having too much power(Abeloth.. *cough*) but I still acknowledge they have that power.

I hate Caedus and I hate Anakin(In the movies, he is much better in the books) personality-wise. But that doesnt mean people have to ignore their power.

And some-times, I hate a character for having too much power(Abeloth.. *cough*) but I still acknowledge they have that power.

To me, it was nothing new, erm, Luke anybody? he whined SO much in the OT, like to the point of ludicrousness, but I got that it was part of his journey from this confused farm boy who didn't really understand what was happening to him, all the way to a venerable Jedi Knight in Return of the Jedi that did understand his place in things.

Anakin was no different, in-fact he had a far more arduous journey than his son did.

Jacen had a far less emotional personality to him, so I don't even know where some people are coming from, he was being manipulated and scolded by Tenel, Vergere and the Jedi, I think he did rather well considering.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

No. But he is arguably the second most powerful Sith Lord. 2nd or 3rd.

We are going from what we know of Yoda, even though we probably haven't seen him do all of his abilities. We are going on what we have seen. So saying several hundred years of experience in my opinion is in-valid. Caedus had 30 years of experience and he was considered a threat to Luke Skywalker who was arguably near his prime if not at it.

I really wish there was a book written strictly about Yoda and his adventures where he does epic kick-butt moves. The only book I know of is Dark Rendezvous.

I don't like Caedus as a character, but I respect the fact that he is powerful. Truthfully, I am not a big fan of the god-mode powers that get displayed in the EU but I still acknowledge those powers and use them as evidence in debates such as these.

I'm sure Yoda has some uber-leet power, but since we are going by what we have seen and after some extra research, I would say that Caedus wins. But I don't think it would be easy.