ETA on fixing class bugs?

Aunara

This STINKS, Ord Mantell is Practically Unplayable.

I would not mind just leaving Ord Mantell to kill MOBs on Tython untill the fix is done, yet because we are prisoners of the STORYLINE, I cant shuttle to Fleet untill i get the fleet pass at level 10.

This is just terrible, plus i finally talk a RL friend into playing this game, and what does he pick...Smuggler....how does feel about this game, well he is not playing it anymore because he was locking up when trying to move forward.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I just want to thank folks for not trolling or turning this thread negative that BW would not want to reply further. It is the weekend and I doubt we will get much of a reply until sometime Monday. That being said..

If by Tuesday, we still do not have an exact ETA nor a fix already in-place; I would recommend anyone who is affected make themselves heard. Simply submit a bug report per char that is currently affected by these class quest issues. If Bioware will not properly* address this in the forums, then the radical increase of GM tickets should hopefully get their attention, without resorting to negative tactics.

* Cookie cutter "we know & sorry" is not an acceptable BW post at this stage of crippling customers who simply wish to play their chars.

Edited by Aunara

Also encountered one of the game progression limiting bugs....this is still a payed service and if an estimation to fix cannot be forthcoming, for specific reasons, then communication is the key.

We are paying customers and if left the dark - we can only really offer demonstrative feedback in one way...with our wallets.

I find it hard to believe this above statement. My Mercenary has been bugged since he hit 50 the first or second month of launch. The log in screen still says he needs to complete his class quest even though he has. I submitted a bug about this a LONG LONG time ago and was basically told to wait for it to be fixed. 9+ months later and it still isnt.. Dont say it's a "high" priority when obviously it's not.

I have the same issue, I logged a similar bug report. I was told this would be resolved.It still hasn't. This was months ago.

we really should be getting a daily update on this

Yes i totally agree with this poster. As stated in my post about the sorc class mission i can totally understand things break what i dont understand is not putting a work around in place to help players who pay for this game? As stated in the previous post i work in a service department in IT as a second level support technican. This should have some work arounds put in place while you are fixing this issue it is the least you could do. Equally with so many bugs reported over various classes (some i know are still playable) there should be a daily release of what is happening updating people. I dont mind at all that you take a week to fix it but 2 things regular communication to paying clients and work arounds to get us playing while we wait for the "fix".

I hope you get it fixed sooner rather then later and i do feel for you techies trying to fix it i really do especially with so many irate customers but im sure if you did those 2 things most people would look apon that as favourable.

Kind regards and good luck.

i can't believe they are waiting so long to fix the story in a game that relies on story, this is the last straw if something big doesn't happen soon i'm leaving.

Nuff said. Almost left today, when my bug occurred. I raged and stressed out so much, i should sue them for health issues.

... Trooper: The Ambush: This mission does not complete as intended and remains in the Mission Log after completing the final step to speak to Mirru. The next mission ("Mannet Point") will be granted, and players are able continue with Class story progression.

[/i]

My trooper couldn't finish The Ambush so continued to Mannet Point. Now both quests are stuck and can't finish either one. Entering the Command Center there are two Aric Jordans standing there now. Totally stuck now. Can't go anywhere else until I get a Shuttle Pass.

Someone else posted that we could just play an alt. True. Unless you don't have an alt. Then you could create seven of them and play them all up to Level 7 and have 8 characters all stuck in their storylines with nowhere to go. This is ridiculous.

If a Hotfix isn't doable, then roll back the servers to pre-patch and fix it later.

Fixing these recently-introduced class mission issues is a very high priority for us. We are actively working on fixes for them and will deploy them as soon as we're able. We'll have more information about the fixes as we prepare them and will let you know when more info is available.

Allison... you're a dearheart that those of us still remaining from beta always adored... but I'm going to copy my response from the CSR forum, regarding the [At the Foot of the Colossus] bug here:

This doesn't excuse how poorly this is being handled by Bioware. Not by any stretch. To have class quests broken for days, let alone including a weekend, is the very definition of a Show Stopper issue. What's worse? This issue doesn't just affect people paying now. Lots of Free Trial accounts can/have run into the same issue (not to mention the The Ambush bug for The Trooper at level ~4). Do you think those people will be making the decision to buy this game and continue their SWTOR experience now?

Absolutely not.

Bioware was faced with a challenge here that could have turned into an opportunity. If this had been handled in the first day... or even two days... all that players would have remembered after this was how on the ball you all were... how fast you fixed a game breaking issue when it cropped up. You could have been heroes, and lived up to the expectations the label Bioware used to bring to a game.

Now?

Now everyone will remember that you introduced a Show Stopper, Game Breaking Bug for not one, but THREE classes and then took (at least) a week to get it resolved. Why? Well the message you are sending out, intention or not, is that this isn't important enough to dedicate any real resources to... because you haven't even made a token effort to move stuck characters past the broken points... and I bet it would have taken less effort to manually complete these quests for people on an individual basis than it has to post these empty promises of "we're working on it" and "it's top priority" in all the threads that have popped up.

Bioware failed the test in this case. And your players WILL remember it. It WILL cost you money. It already HAS damaged the life expectancy of this game... because this issue has definitely turned into the straw on the camel's back. And as much as I enjoy this game... the community is -exactly- right to feel this way; because you have failed, utterly, to deal with this bug in an appropriate manner.

In short? ALL of your players expect better. Obviously you aren't responsible for bug fixes, Allison, but someone is just NOT passing along enough information, often enough, to you to pass on to us for us to believe Bioware is really working to fix this bug "as a priority."

I'm used to paying a service and do not have the service or have problems. But I'm Italian: this is normal. I didn't think the bioware had some Italian. I didn't think I had problems here too. I know that you're working hard, working for you is money. But also my money is money and I can pay others for a service that works. I am stuck in conflagration, I'll wait. Maybe try other games in the meantime ;)

Thanks for having did me not feel lonely :p

The only thing I can do is hope and spur you to give the max. I know that everything will be much nicer, but I'll satisy not seeing the masks of Miralukan characters,but continuing my story class.

Good job! We are all with you.

Sorry for my English but I'm Italian ... :cool:

Same problem here with the Conflagration quest for the Sith Inquisitor. Someone mentioned going back to Hoth and finding something to do there, then leaving Hoth the long slow way (going to the spaceport, going through the orbital station, etc.) I am trying that now and will post if it works. I did try to reset the quest - and it did not work. :( Its awful to be playing and have to just stop and leave the class quest line.

I'm used to paying a service and do not have the service or have problems. But I'm Italian: this is normal. I didn't think the bioware had some Italian.

Are we so bad? i live in Veneto and all services works almost perfectly.

BTW I hope it will be fixed on tuesday, if not... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Hanoon

Fixing these recently-introduced class mission issues is a very high priority for us. We are actively working on fixes for them and will deploy them as soon as we're able. We'll have more information about the fixes as we prepare them and will let you know when more info is available.

From my understanding it is not just class mission that are bugged. A friend was doing the last mission on Alderaan last night and when she got to the last part of it when you fight the king and his guard there was a bug where she couldn't see them. Yes she did the Ctrl u but still did't work. So she exited the area came back in and it reset the entire quest, which shouldn't happen.

She has done this quest a few times and she has exited before to fix something and when she went back in it is where she left off.

Also heard people on Tattoine saying there are bugs in some of the missions there as well.

Seem there has been a lot of bugs since the new patch.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor coming up towards the end of Taris. Can anyone, without spoiling anything, let me know if I am close to being at one of the ruined missions?

Not until after Hoth will you be close enough to any of the glitched Story missions. I have a lvl 40 Inquisitor and cant progress in the Story after Hoth.

This whole thing reeks of intentional sabotage. Either EA wanting to reduce the number of subs, and therefore servers they have to spend money on, or a few workers on the inside miffed over layoffs.

Same thing happened with Warhammer online (Another mmo under EA). It was a decent MMO, but when it was pretty much known that it wasn't going to be a "wow-killer" (which is what all publishers dream of these days when they make MMO'S), all these ridiculously simple problems started showing up that would end up never getting fixed. The problems were quite surgically precise in that they were strangely able to completely break one, or multiple aspects of the game, or even completely discourage new players from wanting to pay for a sub.

Chew on that for awhile.

Edited by seanbearpig

The frustrating thing about it is that it easily could have been prevented if they had just tested the patch properly. If I deliverd a product without first testing it to see if it works properly and it ends up not working I'd get fired in a heartbeat.

Seriously, testing if something works or not is the first thing a programmer gets drilled in his or her head. So how the heck could they let this happen?

I'll tell you how. Fricking EA wanting a quick buck. Putting money over quality like they always do. All they do is create mediocre crap that half of the time doesn't even work, or they are busy wrecking other companies and trying to get as much cash as they can get. Fricking milk-cows. Boo EA, a very loud BOO from a disgruntled sith sorcerer. I ought to send my companion after your hides.

The frustrating thing about it is that it easily could have been prevented if they had just tested the patch properly. If I deliverd a product without first testing it to see if it works properly and it ends up not working I'd get fired in a heartbeat.

Seriously, testing if something works or not is the first thing a programmer gets drilled in his or her head. So how the heck could they let this happen?

I'll tell you how. Fricking EA wanting a quick buck. Putting money over quality like they always do. All they do is create mediocre crap that half of the time doesn't even work, or they are busy wrecking other companies and trying to get as much cash as they can get. Fricking milk-cows. Boo EA, a very loud BOO from a disgruntled sith sorcerer. I ought to send my companion after your hides.

Pretty much. Companies like EA are just soulless profit-mongers. I hope more people understand this, before they see whatever quality the gaming industry has left before it COMPLETELY dissolves.

LOL found one more - even if it`s general quest, rather than class quest.

On Tatooine, mission Shields Down (2nd quest hub, or first from Mos Ila). Companion killed droids don`t count towards mission objective. It`s funny to race against your own comp for the killer blow.

Was wondering why I had to kill around 30 of them to get 8 updates.

I had originally wrote an essay but ill stick to the main points.

After seeing what has happened to other p4f aka (pay to win) this seems to be a recurring problem..

(I believe this will happen here (eventually) but hope it doesn't.)

Step 1.. release update with new content filled with bugs.

2, unhappy community complains and seeks fix's

3, after the generic response period we receive a fix or (workaround)

4, after fixing the primary issues like character proggression other (less important) are left on the side untill further notice

But to keep the money flowing please refer back to step 1....

The build up of bugs forces alot of the long standing players players to leave...not that it matters because the majority of their income is from new players but this will have a domino effect across the game which leads me to..

Forums becoming playgrounds.

Although afew players have had a frustrated response (understandably) the majority of the forum here still gives contructive feedback..which is easily read and matters can be discussed. Now the problem as i see it is, when the majority of players here now leave, mainly with the breakdown of service. The new kids will enter the block and they don't have to pay to get in... food for thought.

If you want an example of things to come look at BFH. Dead forum with continuous trolled responses. we'll probably eventually get ingame adds too... *sad panda*

Yup... Conflag bug on my inquisitor. Doesn't bother me really. I moved on to Belsavis and will wait with the storyline until I can get that quest done. Perhaps I can hit 50 before they fix it (hopefully tomorrow). Then I can blast through the remaining story :D

Yeah bugs like this suck. No I don't think they're intentionally doing it. No it shouldn't have happened, no I won't be cancelling my sub because of simple things like this or my companion's inability to turn her weapon off. It's not that big a deal.

Edited by CyberTronX

I made a new Sorcerer and now at Level 15 she is stuck on Kaas at the Colossus because the door doesn't trigger the cinematic. I know several other inquisitors are having the same issue but unless I just missed it I did not see it mentioned here.

Trooper stuck on The Ambush, my Holocom won't work. :mad:

Can we at least get an update on whether these quest bugs will be fixed this patch? A simple yes or no will do.

At least newbie Troopers can progress with a little work : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530408

But all of these issues are beyond major... and need to be fixed yesterday.

Edited by Galathir