Mature rated Star Wars.

Rayla_Felana

Another annoyance of mine, people think Anakin's fall was sudden. When if you know, they actually watched him throughout the 3 movies you see him slowly fall. Starts with being taken from his mother, then his mother dying among his love for Padme, then finally having the vision of Padme dying. That is what is shown on screen, and once more people forget that years go by thus we have a time period where we don't see where it could have shown Anakin falling even more. You couple those thoughts into the 3 movies, and when his fall comes full circle you can see it makes sense but I guess some don't like imagination.

^ This.

The PT takes place over 10+ years....boohoo only an X amount of scenes really go into it...but wow there's a thing called "thinking" and "logic!" Why are people so short sighted on Anakin's fall? Did Anakin and everyone else just standing around between the movies? NO. There were adventures, battles, and events between the films that dive deeper into his fall. I just have no clue why all the "Anakin went darkside over night, ***!?" comments even pop up...but I guess that is one of the flaws of the Star Wars fanbase: everyone takes every little detail too far and doesn't try to look if there is any reason for XYZ happening. [They] just see something happen and either praise it or cry about it for years and then troll/rage those who don/t agree.

Edited by Eillack

You mean the two or three conversations between monster mash, the jedi saying anakin is afraid, and the OTHER incident of genocide on Tatooine? Yeah, that would be considerable buildup if it wasn't spread out in three movies.

Palpatine did three things: said Hi jn episode one, said "Ur kewl" in episode 2, and converted him to the derkside in episode 3 quite suddenly with this looming fear of padme's death, and protecting that one life justifies mass murder of babies. Nope, no middle ground, no time to warm up to the darkside just "Kill ALL the children! :D"

Speaking of which why in all of the EU, all of the books, all of anythibg star wars is whaanakin never confronted about his tusken raider genocide? That seems like something which would require serious counseling -at least- if he were toremain a member of a peacekeeping, life-loving organization. Just sayin'

Furthermore, if Padme knew about his capacity for genocide of men women AND children, why is she the least bit surprised when she finds out (second hand knowledge by the ways) that he killed more children? This is a girl that fell into a forbidden love, mind you, just hours/days after his first genocide... Shouldn't she at least expect some sort of this behavior when he expressed his concern of losing her like his mother? That was the original motivation for killing the sandppl in the first place. It might make sense in some book, but star wars isn't some lame book club, it is and will always be about the movies.

Back to my original point, Lucas is not responsible with adult themes as shown by the episode 2 romance, expression of genocidal tendencies, or political interaction. It was all poorly written, poorly executed an ultimately just a ploy to make money off of star wars fanatics. No, just no. Stick to the formula or do not write. Or if you must tackle more adult material, stay in the book section of star wars where the rest of the fanfiction is.

Except between episodes 1 and 2, Palpatine is manipulating him. Same with the time between episodes 2 and 3.

There was actually some stuff happening between movies rather than them just standing around.

On the topic of Sand People.

1. That event isn't common knowledge. I doubt even Obi-Wan knew about it.

2. Anakin never thinks about the consequences. Much like this generation, he wanted instant satisfaction without consequences.

You don't seem to grasp the nature of the Dark Side. Once it has you, it won't let go. Anakin's first taste of the Dark Side(on screen) was the slaughter of the tusken camp. That was his first step down the path of the Dark Side. Then comes the Clone Wars. The events of the Clone Wars took him farther down that path culminating in one final choice. The Dark Side had Anakin for a long time. The fall didn't happen over night. Falling to the Dark Side is usually a long process for Jedi. There are some cases where Jedi fall quickly, but that is due to lack of training.

• 2 years later...
You mean the two or three conversations between monster mash, the jedi saying anakin is afraid, and the OTHER incident of genocide on Tatooine? Yeah, that would be considerable buildup if it wasn't spread out in three movies.

Palpatine did three things: said Hi jn episode one, said "Ur kewl" in episode 2, and converted him to the derkside in episode 3 quite suddenly with this looming fear of padme's death, and protecting that one life justifies mass murder of babies. Nope, no middle ground, no time to warm up to the darkside just "Kill ALL the children! :D"

yeah except in episode 2 I was able to understand that this proably wasn't the first or last time they talked. I was able to understand the implications of that scene. that Palpatine'd been pouring poison in the guys ears since the end of TPM. Did you seriously not pick up on that?

• 2 weeks later...
^ This.

The PT takes place over 10+ years....boohoo only an X amount of scenes really go into it...but wow there's a thing called "thinking" and "logic!" Why are people so short sighted on Anakin's fall? Did Anakin and everyone else just standing around between the movies? NO. There were adventures, battles, and events between the films that dive deeper into his fall. I just have no clue why all the "Anakin went darkside over night, ***!?" comments even pop up...but I guess that is one of the flaws of the Star Wars fanbase: everyone takes every little detail too far and doesn't try to look if there is any reason for XYZ happening. [They] just see something happen and either praise it or cry about it for years and then troll/rage those who don/t agree.

Didn't lucus also make a fully cannon tv series that went into greater depth of aniline fall at some point too so you dont even have to use logic to read between the lines? Rhetorical question

Personally I'd like to see again more along the lines of a darker style Star wars. I mean as much as I don't like the smuggler story, there are highlights that could of been taken further to show the real horrible underside of any civilization.

Star Wars can be taken to a darker place without it being mature.

Star Wars has been taken to darker places. Even in The Clone Wars cartoon, there were extremely dark moments. (The entire last season, the Umbaran Episodes, Landing at Point Rain, just to name a few examples.) But, really, Star Wars never was meant to be UBER SERIOUS SUPER MATURE OMG. It's just... not that kind of series. It can certainly be made dark, but it, as a whole, is not intended to be so.

Bioware is rumored to be making a new star wars game set 1000 years after the movies, and is rumored to be rated M

Are you running a sociology experiment of some sort, just seeing how many completely made-up rumors you can throw out there to try to track how far they spread without ever being substantiated?

Vitiate WILL be in episode 7, but he is only a puppet of the trilogy's main villain, a force entity similar to sel-makor, called the Singularity. In other words, its Mass Effect with lightsabers

Disney has already decided to scrap SWTOR this december, and Shadow Realms will probably be released soon after.

Yes, SWTOR is canon, and will tie in to ep7,8, and 9