annoying JK/SW in huttball

cub-lover

Just do what everyone else who is not a jedi/sith does when it comes to playing Jedi ball. Realize that if you have less Jedi/Sith on your team you'll probably lose, make it into a deathmatch and stop worrying about the win.

"Oh Jedi ball this won't be counting towards my weekly."

your as bad as the gear > skill casuals running around the forums

it's ok. you'll get used to it in life

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is 100% right. I have a JK/Sent and I freaking LOVE the ability and I abuse the crap out of it in Huttball. I wait for a fool to peek over and *BAM* leap/stun/score. Anyone who thinks it's fine is fooling themselves. It's completely and foolishly OP in Huttball.

Why is it ok for leaps and sprints and pulls to work, but not stealth?! If I stealth with a ball, it resets. I'll argue that any mechanic that gives an unfair movement advantage should be limited when you have the ball. It's not about it becoming a DPS race, it's about ensuring there's some competition.

lol

this guy is competing with the OP for most ludicrous whines in this thread

Personally, I think all the leaps, pulls and sprints are what make HB fun.

And all of these still depend on teamwork to do any good. I've yet to see anyone force-leap or force-pull their way from the ball spawn to a score without a lot of help from their team. Heck, I got really lucky the other day, rooted 3 people in the fire for ball turn overs, and used force leap to get 4 intercepts - all stopping the other side from scoring when I was the last person on my side between them and the score (maybe you don't think that was very good, but that's my personal best for last second defense in HB :) ) We still lost 0-5, because the other team had a lot better coordination for the pass-pass-pass-score that is need to win.

I also think the leap is maybe the least powerful of all the "special" abilities that people are complaining about here, if only because of lag! Half the time when I leap to root the guy who has just moved to cross the fire pit, it turns out he's actually already on the other side - but my computer hadn't caught up yet. Or I have the ball, and I go to leap over the fire to the guy that's crossing his own endzone, only to find he dropped down into the pit 3 seconds ago. At least with pull it's more positional than timing (I don't have a class with a pull yet, so feel free to correct me if that's wrong). Force speed is neither positional nor time dependent really, it just works. All IMHO, of course.