1.4 stuns

Valorman

I can just imagine what the changes to the resolve system, knockbacks and other things are going to do to my marauder

pre 1.4

force charge< ravage< get knocked back instantly after the force charge

AW COME ON THATS BULL

force charge< ravage< get stunned

what the hell man ?????

deadly throw root< gore (4.5 seconds of 100% armor penetration)< 15 meter knockback

RAAAAAAAAGGGH

and i can just imagine what huttball is going to be like

stun (wait it out)< another stun (use unleash)< a slow< another slow< die in the fire trap< F THIS GAME

Edited by Valorman

um in 1.4 they took all the good knockbacks away.

what are you talking about? they didnt take any knockbacks away infact they increased the range of them if you're talking about rocket punch they turned that into a stun which is going to make melee classes even easier to kite

what are you talking about? they didnt take any knockbacks away infact they increased the range of them if you're talking about rocket punch they turned that into a stun which is going to make melee classes even easier to kite

I am talking about the rocket punch, and no its not going to make it easier to kite. the change is utter crap, we dont need more stuns, this game has too many, even on a Merc i can have 2 instant stuns if played the right way... why do i need a 3rd with a 15 second CD?

Opener should be leap zealous strike blade rush precision slash and blade storm anyway shouldnt it. that way if you do get stunned or knocked back or whatever you still have precision slash when you get back on target and plenty of focus to boot.

I am talking about the rocket punch, and no its not going to make it easier to kite. the change is utter crap, we dont need more stuns, this game has too many, even on a Merc i can have 2 instant stuns if played the right way... why do i need a 3rd with a 15 second CD?

y would you need a 2nd knockback? you already have 1 and btw stuns are better than knockbacks because i cant force charge you during a stun

Opener should be leap zealous strike blade rush precision slash and blade storm anyway shouldnt it. that way if you do get stunned or knocked back or whatever you still have precision slash when you get back on target and plenty of focus to boot.

the 4.5 second window isnt long enough to get off blade storm because a knockback is usually accompanied by a slow

y would you need a 2nd knockback? you already have 1 and btw stuns are better than knockbacks because i cant force charge you during a stun

Knock backs are better in Hutt ball, Knocking the guy with the ball off the catwalk is more effective than stunning him, stuns lead to full resolve and a free walk to the endzone but if he's knocked off he has to look for a pass, and like i said we have 2 stuns already...

And its not just Hutt Ball, i use my knock backs rather well in CW and VS, NC is prob the only WZ where they are not as effective.

All i play in PVP is my Merc, and these changes have not been thought through well at all.

Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker.

An immobilize is not a stun. It is a root. You will still be able to swing your glowsticks you just won't be able to move. So unless I'm mistaken you'll just keep on Ravaging/Master Striking if they use Rocket Punch/Stockstrike.

And seriously guy? A Marauder complaining about Mercs/Commandos? That's just rich.

An immobilize is not a stun. It is a root. You will still be able to swing your glowsticks you just won't be able to move. So unless I'm mistaken you'll just keep on Ravaging/Master Striking if they use Rocket Punch/Stockstrike.

And seriously guy? A Marauder complaining about Mercs/Commandos? That's just rich.

please explain how am i suppose to swing my glowsticks while you are out of the 4 meter range shooting and kiting me

My prediction is that sorcs, with the nerf to electrocute range, will have to use whirlwind more often, in an attempt to get away. It will build resolve faster but also keep those with no CC break available immobilized longer.

I don't see how the changes will benefit anyone.

Edited by MidichIorian

My prediction is that sorcs, with the nerf to electrocute range, will have to use whirlwind more often, in an attempt to get away.

That makes no sense since if they are attempting to get away, they are obviuosly in melee range. These changes make Sorcerers and Mercenaries weaker against ranged classes, but stronger against melee classes. Roots are not on Resolve, so instead of giving a Marauder or whatever full Resolve with stuns and knockbacks, now you have another tool to further control them and kite them. Or better yet, if you give them full Resolve and they are "unstoppable," you can now root them as Mercenary and they can't do anything about it. It's a buff.

combat and carnage are the same and ravage has been uninteruptable since 1.3 or was 1.2? carnage/combat just make roots the target in place.

Stuns from grenade's are what need to be changed imo grenades should not be usable unless the person has cybertech. there are to many stuns in WZ cause of the fact everyone can use grenades.

The changes to skill based stuns are a welcome change. What I think should happen if they not gona make Grenades usable only by cybertechs is make all Grenades share the CD with the classes, Skill based Stuns which should greatly cutback on stuns

And these changes are not bad for us this is actual a good thing

Edited by Kyuuu