Global Cooldown bug

Grffin

So I put a ticket in explaining that when I press my abilities too quick before global cooldown is up that the ability doesn't activate, but global cooldown refreshes taking even more time for me to hit my ability. I talked to a GM and this was how the conversation went...

http://i.imgur.com/nBCtB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/54QpG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pv8Ft.jpg

Now in patch 1.3.0 Allies under Classes and Combat in the General section they said this...

An issue that could cause the global cooldown to incorrectly occur when rapidly attempting to use multiple abilities has been corrected.

So if it is working as intended then why was that in the patch notes awhile ago? And if it really is working as intended your trying to tell me that because I hit my abilites too fast or spam them when global cooldown is going that the game refreshes my global cooldown again to slow me down because I'm hitting abilities too fast? Makes no sense. The whole point of global cooldown is so that abilites are not hit so rapidly. Why does the game feel it needs to give a 2nd global cooldown just because I hit abilites too fast.

Well, they actually have a built in feature that should help you. Instead of spamming the ability to minimize downtime from a global cooldown, the default is half a second. If you press it within half a second of either a cast or the global finishing, it will use the skill as soon as it finishes.

• 2 weeks later...

I experience this bug constantly in PvP, as does everyone I've discussed it with. I don't want to queue attacks & I don't see the logic in punishing those who don't. I did try a compromise using the shorter queues & it didn't work.

Randomly getting a double cooldown has been the sole reason I've lost some close 1v1s; chances are it's been the reason I've won some as-well. A bug that can subsequently decide the winner of a Warzone is game breaking.

As Fry once said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ3Ac

Edited by MrRuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
LOL... This has been the game's #1 issue since launch and its not fixed. But I found the customer support response to be funny. Unbelievable bug, I've never had this is any competitive game i've played .I'm a pvp'er and this disgusts me. Its almost 1.5 and its still here.

Going on for 1.7 now; as far as we know they aren't even working on a fix.

Bioware, please tell me I'm wrong. :confused:

Edited by MrRuck

Ya this especially happens on my ship when I'm attempting to parse on the ops dummy...totally ruining my parses for the most part. It actually seems to happen even more on my ship attacking the dummy than in ops runs now.

It's as if the animation of the attack starts to go off then somehow fails before it fully goes so the ability never actually lands but the gcd goes off anyways

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed this constantly when I'm trying to do maximum DPS on my Commando DPS. It triggers the GCD even though my next attack in my rotation didn't register.

A bug like this is just carelessly designed software. There should be no way a GCD can trigger if the attack didn't even go off.

• 2 months later...
So I've been seeing this problem with global cool down flashing multiple times since game launch. When it does that I can't fire off anything unless I let it kind of stop freaking out, which take a lot of actions per minute out of my rotation. I always thought it was crazy and random. And I thought I was alone in this matter all this time. So lots of others having the same problem? Wow, ya if this is a bug and they fix it... I will be so happy. Will fix a lot of my game frustrations for sure.