End game for non-Biochems?

Qonor

I've been away from the forums for a few months, so my bad if this has been answered. What are the plans to make non-Biochem useful for end-game Ops players? Seems our whole guild converted to Biochem in the last month or two. I'm still Artifice.

I've also been away since end of February or so. Came back late last week and as near as I can tell, Biochem is still the only crafting profession at 50 that's worth it. (although cybertech doesn't seem bad if you do alot of pvp)

I could just be missing something though.

So I guess noone enjoy crafting:

Black hole mods, armorings and earpieces - Cybertech

Campaign relics, hilts & offhands, Black hole enhancements - Artifice

Campaign barrels - Armstech

Augments - Synthweaving, Armormech and Armstech

(campaign belt & bracers) - Synthweaving & Armormech. Not BiS but still craftable.

@Varturius,

You are not missing something. most crafting skills are good for leveling and entry level end-game. Once you get beyond that crafting skill value slides. Armstech, Armormech, and Synthweaving have augments, but now that the initial spike is long done (1.3 introduced add-on augment slots to all gear), that market has slowed radically. Don't get me wrong, I still make augments and make good credits from them, but they no longer sell out the instant you post them anymore :(

Edited by psandak

(campaign belt & bracers) - Synthweaving & Armormech. Not BiS but still craftable.

"Enjoying" and "worth doing" are 2 different things.

I have 400 in Armstech, Cybertech, Underworld Trading, and Scavaging. It is too bad that none of them are really helpful for endgame purposes. So now I have to do endless and repetitive Dailies and Flashpoints as I don't have the gear to do Ops or higher. If I knew what I know now, no way would I have spent my time and money getting to 400 for any crew skills. It's too bad.

<<<<<<<That for the other crafting skills also, I have 1 of each.

They can still be moneymakers so you can pull mods out of your gear and put it in different armor.

People tell me they just crunch dailies every night for 4 hours and make 150k. I can make twice that with 1 hour of work a night, and more on weekends when it's busy.

They can still be moneymakers so you can pull mods out of your gear and put it in different armor.

People tell me they just crunch dailies every night for 4 hours and make 150k. I can make twice that with 1 hour of work a night, and more on weekends when it's busy.

I do dailies, but only while I'm waiting for the LFG queue to pop. These days BH takes about 15 minutes for 50k and Ilum takes 20 minutes for 65k.

I have 400 in Armstech, Cybertech, Underworld Trading, and Scavaging. It is too bad that none of them are really helpful for endgame purposes. So now I have to do endless and repetitive Dailies and Flashpoints as I don't have the gear to do Ops or higher. If I knew what I know now, no way would I have spent my time and money getting to 400 for any crew skills. It's too bad.

Huh? You get Columi/Exotech from all HM flashpoints and Rakata chest from Lorrick on Lost Island. In addition you get 5 black hole comms from the daily group finders so you can buy black hole pieces. Story mode EV and KP give you Columi and Exotech gear. To do hard mode EV and KP you only need Columi to start. If you can't do EV or KP with the gear you get from hard mode flashpoints and your black hole comms, gear is not the issue.

My raid group has cleared HM Denova multiple times and only 3 of us are biochems. In fact, most of us have level 50 alts that we use regularly that are not biochems so that we can reengineer dropped items from Denova. Biochem can make useful stims and adrenals (which you can buy off the GTN), but it is in no way a barrier to Ops.

I seem to think that people fail to realize what he was trying to say in this post I am quoting.

As a fresh level 50 you will have some work to do in order to make your crew skill woth anything in end game, but you can get augment schems and mats from Slicing, and work on those, also the other items he mentioned are items that you can buy from NPC vendors and then RE to get schematics that you can then craft, and sell on the GTN, give the products to guildies or what ever you so choose to do.

One thing he did forget to mention is that Artifice can make end game color crystals, the schematics are purchasable from one of the 2 vendors in your BH Daily base, I think that they only cost 20 Daily comms. +41 to End, Crit or Power.

Black hole mods, armorings and earpieces - Cybertech (2.5 million each some at 4 million)

Campaign relics, hilts & offhands, Black hole enhancements - Artifice (2.5 million each some 4 million)

Campaign barrels - Armstech (2.5 million each some 8 million)

Augments - Synthweaving, Armormech and Armstech (only thing close to a sane price)

Over all only end game will benefit and none on market to buy for a simple reason, market is borked.

I seem to think that people fail to realize what he was trying to say in this post I am quoting.

As a fresh level 50 you will have some work to do in order to make your crew skill woth anything in end game, but you can get augment schems and mats from Slicing, and work on those, also the other items he mentioned are items that you can buy from NPC vendors and then RE to get schematics that you can then craft, and sell on the GTN, give the products to guildies or what ever you so choose to do.

One thing he did forget to mention is that Artifice can make end game color crystals, the schematics are purchasable from one of the 2 vendors in your BH Daily base, I think that they only cost 20 Daily comms. +41 to End, Crit or Power.

Again the market to sell or buy stuff is just borked, face facts BioWare you guys just suck at market design.

Bear in mind, as stated above. Fresh 50's.

At 50 my level 49 purple Armor mods, barrels, hilts, mods, enhancements, hilts, augments are not worth making as the PVP recruit armor is better.

Sure, each of my crafters can make a few Rakata pieces at 50, but they are not bind to legacy they are bop. And, as a fresh 50, which hardmode operation drops the level 7 rare crafting items? Oh, and I need what equipment for hardmode?

Last time I saw someone looking for a hardmode group of fresh 50's was never.

I am not saying it is not doable! It's been done.

I am saying getting multiple crafters to 400 just so you can buy Recruit armor kind of takes the fun out of it.

Even tho you can "craft" end game items alot of this stuff you actually have to find the schematics for. Thats the biggest issue. Running around BH I finally got a loot drop for Magenta +41 Endurance crystal. So that makes the amount of end game crystals that are unique that I can craft "1". Others are Orange, Blue and Green and everyone is chasing the elusive white and purple color crystals.