To those that complain about warzone quitters

Kalfear

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a typical quitter post.

Dear quitter,

When you get stuck in a bad group you finish it. Why? Are you unaware that someone else will take your spot? Quitters are by definition selfish and don't care.

2ndly - Everyone has a subjective opinion of when a group is bad. If everyone quit when they thought the group was bad then PVP would have quitters every single match. The most important factor would not be gear, skill or strategy, it would be who has more quitters.

Lastly, don't use right and left in Voidstar, if you turn around right becomes left. Learn to use a map.

My guess is this guy quits most of his losing matches and posted this because he finally was in a group that he thinks justifies it. Is it possible that your team was outgeared and outskilled and they didnt come over because they were losing on the other side? Quitters dont care, they just see whats in front of them.

Quitters are all the same.

I take a second to look at peoples gear (specially those with weird HP) if i see less than 500 exp i ask them nicely to put his pvp gear on, if his columi is better in pvp in his opinion im out

I can relate to the OPs frustration over being stuck with such a bad team and we all hate this situation, but I've never quit a WZ and probably never will.

The first reason for this is the rewards in comms, valor, exp and creds I'd be missing, but the second and much more important reason for not quitting is that I just don't want to get a reputation as a WZ quitter. I hate those selfish and more often than not rude ppl myself and always put those who quit at the first sign of a struggle on ignore. If they can't stick it out with a team in PvP I have no reason to assume that they'll behave differently in a PvE environment after all.

That said, I wouldn't put the OP on ignore for his quitting out of frustration, but it's often hard to differentiate between him for example and a person who just quits because a turret is lost in Civil War.

Let me share a story of what just happened and you tell me how you would handle it.

So were in Voidstar

We start on defence

I go right, 7 go left

2 imps come to the right so I say

"im alone here on right vrs 2 imps"

no responce

I die and say

Right is undefended

At which point the 2 WARHERO RANKED (self appointed leaders) shout in caps

LEFT, EVERYONE STAY LEFT

Well to one shadows credit he ignored them and came right and bothered the 2 imps enough that I could rejoin

but then there was 3 imps and both shadow and I about to fall

So I put out 3rd yell

RIGHT IS ABOUT TO FALL

no one answers or moves and they attach bomb as shadow and I get back

Door #1 lost

So we move to bridge, Shadow and I fall to numbers and respawn other side of bridge!

There is NO ONE at the right side, yet imps manage to unlock LEFT BRIDGE (Ill never understand how that happens every match)

So let me stop here for a sec.

Anyone thats PVPed Void star knows at this point they will send a token force down the left and its the right they will try and bomb.

Remember our self appointed leaders proudly displayed their warhero titles

So sure enough 3 imps come down left and 5 down right

Shadow and I fall to numbers on right obviously

I put out 4th call

RIGHT SIDE UNDEFENDED AND ABOUT TO FALL

and not one person moved over there

So I said "**** it" and quit

Now let me be clear, it my team at least trying Ill stay for a loss and do my best but this was beyond moronic. Far as im concerned only player worth his salt was the shadow that tried to help on right side.

So all you holier then tho posters recommending penalties for quiters.

I seriously want you to explain why I should have to finish this warzone?

I was trying my best and near as I could tell 3 of our team were trying to let imps win (only reason for such horrible play I can think of).

PS: Im not defending those that come on, go down by 1 and quit instantly. But I tried to get these idiots togather 4 different times.

Think im done with pre 9pm pvp on Rep side. Its just to fustrating and annoying as this example is the common place example sadly. Before 9pm pcf its just kiddie hour out there. Never understood why imps dont have this problem to same degree.

Really.. I hate trolling.. and I do feel you have a good point of frustration when people are just not listening to anything being said.

But to me, when I read this, part of the problem is using left and right in the first place. Left and Right can be confusing, because you need to run Left out of the spawn zone to go to your called Right side. This is just confusing communication.

Use East and West in PUG groups, much more clear and East is actually 1 less letter to type than Right is.

Really.. I hate trolling.. and I do feel you have a good point of frustration when people are just not listening to anything being said.

But to me, when I read this, part of the problem is using left and right in the first place. Left and Right can be confusing, because you need to run Left out of the spawn zone to go to your called Right side. This is just confusing communication.

Use East and West in PUG groups, much more clear and East is actually 1 less letter to type than Right is.

I find that using the phrase "Other door" eliminates most teammates' confusion.

I won't quit when I'm losing. A better team is a better team. I will quit when my sage or sorcerer becomes the sole attention of marauders and powertechs the entire match. That is not fun so I don't see the point in staying when that happens...but it is never a team issue that makes me quit. It is an enjoyment issue. Being attacked now and again is fine because it is part of the game.. Being the sole focus of someone for valor and comms is not.

First I like how the OP likes to attack anyone that disagrees with his opinion. It's just good old fashioned entertainment.

As to the OP idea that he, and anyone else, can quit when they think they may not win due to a "bad" team. I agree he can...but that should still have a penalty. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Basically the length of a WZ. What that does is penalize the rage quitters and those who quit until they find a winning match. And doesnt hurt the folks to badly that need to drop out due to real life things. But to say you can quit at will with no reprucussions, that you can abadon a team because they arent doing what you think is right only to re queue immediately...thats BS....sorry I understand the pain in your example, seen it hundreds of times (all I do is PvP in SWTOR) but I stick it out. I do this for a couple of reasons. The main reason is quitting just has never been something I do well. I feel bad for those I leave and personally feel bad as well. Also, as has been pointed out in this thread. Its a waste of time. ( i know the argument against this is they are wasting thier time staying in a losing match with a bunch of numbnuts in it) And lastly because you can never tell what will happen.

As example I can tell you that because you have 10% energy in Alderaan and the opposing team has 90% doesnt mean you lose. Unlike Civil War where at a certain point (once the winning team has twice the energy) there is only the slimmest of margins to win. ( And even in Cival War Ive seen us win by grabbing and holding three turrets.) Ive seen plenty of matches where the tables were turned and the losing team pulled it off and wins. And Voidstar is the same. Ive seen the "attacking" team walk thru every door/bridge/forcefield like nobody is even there, and then when the sides are switched it goes even faster for the "new" attacking team and they win. Huttball is the same. Ive been in quite a few turnarounds in that WZ one time even winning after being down by 5 goals. You just dont know. So like I said, you have every right to quit, and I certainly dont begrudge anyone that right....but there should be some sort of penalty associated with that action.

As to the OP idea that he, and anyone else, can quit when they think they may not win due to a "bad" team. I agree he can...but that should still have a penalty.

It does have a penalty. I just wasted several minutes of my time and I did not get anything out of it. Nada. Zero.

Oh you mean more than that? Well, if they add in the majority vote WZ kick, why not? Then instead of leaving, I could opt to kick the incompetent players out.

Perhaps you dont understand the meaning of a penalty.

pen•al•tyˈpɛn l ti(n.)(pl.)-ties.

1.a punishment imposed or incurred for a violation of law or rule.

2.a loss, forfeiture, etc., incurred by nonfulfillment of some obligation.

3.something forfeited, as money.

4.a disadvantage imposed upon one side for infraction of the rules of a game or sport.

You choosing to leave is NOT a penalty. And while I agree it would be nice to kick out incompetent players, who would be the judge of that? haha....I can only imagine what a mess that would be. I did give a reasonable time frame. But I didnt say it was the only way to address this, just there does need to be something done.

Really?

pen•al•tyˈpɛn l ti(n.)(pl.)-ties.

3.something forfeited, as money..

The medals I collected, would result in comms, credits (money) and experience. All of it is gone. And more importantly, my time but let's not go there.

And while I agree it would be nice to kick out incompetent players, who would be the judge of that?

The team of course. Majority vote. If 5 out of 8 want you out, you are out. How is that?

Edited by Ghostuka

Really?

The medals I collected, would result in comms, credits (money) and experience. All of it is gone. And more importantly, my time but let's not go there.

The team of course. Majority vote. If 5 out of 8 want you out, you are out. How is that?

You do realize that is refering to taking money( or medals I guess in this case) from you above and beyond those "medals" that you havent even earned...if you quit you didnt have anything to take...now if you want this method sure...then if you quit you lose some credits out of your bank or medals from previous fights (which really isnt much of a penalty) or maybe take away some exp though this would be kinda harsh in my estimation, but it needs to be enough to make someone stop and think if leaving is really worth it. Which is why I suggest time...... quitting voluntarily does not represent a penalty. It really is simple....you leave you get a penalty of some sort....you want them to take exp, or medals, or credits...that is fine....but just leaving doesnt constitute a penalty. Nothing is stopping you from leaving , be my guest....but that in itself is not a penalty.

As far as majority vote....how does one really know what the others are doing. Ive had ragers yell and whine because I didnt follow thier directions....would that be reason to vote someone out? Or what if there is a 4 man premade in there and their guild doesnt like the guild someone is in...is it ok for them to vote that person out? What if someone is guarding a node by themselves and get stunned and ganked in a couple of seconds, not giving them enough time to yell for help...would that be a reason to kick someone? (Ive seen many ragers lose it on folks for that example)Tyrrany of the masses is never good. You can keep saying how great it would be and maybe you would even argue that no one would be kicked unless they were a real tool. But you cant make sure thats the rule would be followed. You only open up another can of worms. Which is probably why Ive never seen that in any MMO ive played. And if you think these things wont happen...just listen to the folks that complain because they got a random kick from a raid or even a Op.

Edited by Telree
edit for puncuation

You know, I have heard this point made inside Voidstar and no joke, EVERY SINGLE TIME (to a T, well over 20 times) have tried to use East and west in void star the teams get confused!

Voidstar is NOT like Denova where you can mouse over turret on map and see WEST , EAST, SOUTH in big letters!

So to assume people understand east and west is absolutely insane unless your running with a premade.

To add to that point, left right is so often used its silly to say "left right is part of problem"

We all know whats our left and whats our right

In fact if you read my opening post you will see THERE CLEARLY ADMIT they understand left and right when they yell "LEFT, EVERYONE STAY LEFT"

Left and Right were not the issue here and frankly I cant recall it ever being a issue to any PUG ive played on.

East West however confused the bejebus outta your normal pug player unless its denova where they can mouse over and SEE where West/East/South is.

You know, I have heard this point made inside Voidstar and no joke, EVERY SINGLE TIME (to a T, well over 20 times) have tried to use East and west in void star the teams get confused!

Voidstar is NOT like Denova where you can mouse over turret on map and see WEST , EAST, SOUTH in big letters!

So to assume people understand east and west is absolutely insane unless your running with a premade.

To add to that point, left right is so often used its silly to say "left right is part of problem"

We all know whats our left and whats our right

In fact if you read my opening post you will see THERE CLEARLY ADMIT they understand left and right when they yell "LEFT, EVERYONE STAY LEFT"

Left and Right were not the issue here and frankly I cant recall it ever being a issue to any PUG ive played on.

East West however confused the bejebus outta your normal pug player unless its denova where they can mouse over and SEE where West/East/South is.

You're right. Yelling out directions is dead issue. This horse has been beaten to death. I have yelled everything under the sun and people still get confused. My last ditch is to yell " the other door" which most people balk at. When i reply " The door you are not at"... sadly most get it if they are concious of their surroundings.

But in regards to the main OP. No point in getting your blood pressure up. It happened to me last night and simply had to take a deep breath and stick it out for the Xp and medals (10-49 WZs). Seriously just tell yourself "this too shall pass" and do the best you can.

Personally, i don't quit. Or i try not to. Sometimes real life or a guild ops run comes up and I bail. I try to finish the warzone but thats not always possible. Sometimes I'm so disgusted with my play that I throw in the towel. I think a 10-15 minute penalty for leaving warzones, or getting kicked due to afk, is reasonable. Because leaving doesn't just affect the leaver, it affects the leaved. (english ftw :D). If you leave a warzone, you diminish your (former) team's chance of winning. That's not fair to them. in the cases where you are stuck with crappy people who dont listen, i would say 99% of the time they aren't listening because they aren't good, not that they hate winning warzones and want to troll you. They can't get better at warzones unless someone leads by example and demonstrates the importance of incs, communication, not needlessly filling the resolve bar. Quitting doesn't make anybody a better player.

You do realize that is refering to taking money( or medals I guess in this case) from you above and beyond those "medals" that you havent even earned...if you quit you didnt have anything to take...now if you want this method sure...then if you quit you lose some credits out of your bank or medals from previous fights (which really isnt much of a penalty) or maybe take away some exp though this would be kinda harsh in my estimation, but it needs to be enough to make someone stop and think if leaving is really worth it. Which is why I suggest time...... quitting voluntarily does not represent a penalty. It really is simple....you leave you get a penalty of some sort....you want them to take exp, or medals, or credits...that is fine....but just leaving doesnt constitute a penalty. Nothing is stopping you from leaving , be my guest....but that in itself is not a penalty.

We will agree to disagree here. Not being able to gain anything from the time spent is penalty enough, sometimes I suck it up and play it. Try to work your semantics here, but all the effort you put in going to garbage, is a penalty. I could simply watch a short clip or smoke a cig for the rest of the WZ, and hitting a move key every minute, I will get my effort's worth in a few minutes. Leaving is like dumping all that effort to garbage. A few WZ adrenal or WZ medpack every match is also gone along with that. My time is more important to me than any of these.

And really, if anyone should be punished, it should be WZ afkers. Or the medal farmers who just pile up around a node and wait it out. Those are okay, but people who leave and get replaced by someone else who could very well keep contributing to the game, is bad for you?

As far as majority vote....how does one really know what the others are doing.

Very simple. Defender medal farmers just shine brightly. Or afkers who stand at a node and do nothing as it gets capped. Or people who stand at guard and do not call inc repeatedly. Or people who just can't stop yelling at everyone saying how they are pro and everyone else is a fail team. See, I already told you people I can not tolerate. If the majority agrees, why not just have the option to weed out them, which will keep the WZ nicer for everyone. If the team does not agree, I am going to leave, punishment or not punishment.

Edited by Ghostuka

haha...ok

Lets say you are a football player. And your team is losing. So you say the hell with it and leave the game, just walk right off the field of play. Now you have lost time, and Im sure you would lose any money connected with playing the game. But on top of that the league will fine you (penalty) for breech of contract, insubordination, and Im sure a few other things. Now of course they have a replacement for you, but you still hurt the team. And just like a player in any game you leave, it is not the time you spent before quitting, nor is it the creds/medals you didnt earn (because you left) that count as a penalty...its the fines that are levied afterward. All above and beyond what you think of as a loss/penalty...because you left. It hurts the team...be it the High School football team, Major League Baseball or a WZ. I hope that makes it clearer for you....once again the medals, cred and exp you never earned (cant lose what you dont have) are not a penalty. Its the fine (additional loss of credits or exp, or medals) or the loss of the ability to queue for 10 or 15 minutes is the actual penalty.

Very simple. Defender medal farmers just shine brightly. Or afkers who stand at a node and do nothing as it gets capped. Or people who stand at guard and do not call inc repeatedly. Or people who just can't stop yelling at everyone saying how they are pro and everyone else is a fail team. See, I already told you people I can not tolerate. If the majority agrees, why not just have the option to weed out them, which will keep the WZ nicer for everyone. If the team does not agree, I am going to leave, punishment or not punishment.

I agree all great reasons to kick someone....but you cant control that, nor could BW for that matter. You will have folks abuse that system from the get go. Maybe if 7 folks vote on a kick. maybe that would work, but good luck getting 7 people to agree on anything in this game. But if someone is a serious tool then the rest of the team may just agree to kick them. But Im sure that all those MMO PvP systems that are out there now or in the past have a good reason for not implementing such a thing. And as I said earlier no one should begrudge you that right to leave....just it's my opinion and many others (yes I know there are folks on both sides of this issue) that an additional penalty(beyond the loss of time and creds, medals, and exp you voluntarily gave up by quitting) should be put in place is all.

I don't think there are enough facepalms around where I am living to show how hard your analogy fails.

I ... don't.. want.. to... GAH I will bite.

If my team really sucks, I can just step out, no problem. I will simply go to the coach and make up an excuse and I am out. Hell, I can even fake getting injured. The replacements sitting there are waiting for that reason. For whatever reason someone can't continue, they get replaced. While you are at making fail analogies, why don't you also answer what happens if you go "AFK" in the field because you can't/don't want to "quit"? Or if you get in a fight with your team mate because for lack of better word, he sucks.

Please point me in the direction of WZ coach, and I will tell him why I can't continue.

I don't really want to talk anymore in detail about your analogy, because I feel I got trolled here. And damn you, you deserve a 7/10 on this one.

Edited by Ghostuka

Seems like you just want to argue. But thats OK....my example was fine...I didnt say you went to a coach. I didnt say you faked an injury. Mainly because we are talking about leaving a WZ. I said you got up and just walk off the field. You dont tell anyone, you just leave. Trust me...there would be huge fines for that. And thats exactly what you are doing when you leave a WZ. You dont say "OMG I got shot in the knee with an arrow I have to leave." You dont have a WZ coach to say I need to sit out...you just get up and leave.

I also agreed that all the reasons you listed for kicking (including the AFKer and the guy you fight with because he sucks.) What I am saying is that system would be abused...period. I did give a way for it to work maybe...which would be that a kick would require all 7 other players to vote for it. But I guess you dont like that either...cant imagine why? Maybe you just need to justify to youself why leaving a WZ is OK because it looks like a loss, or because you want to queue fish for a winning match (which were the original arguements in this thread for a penalty), or because you think someone is afk'ing, or just think you know how to PvP better. Im not sure....but you have yet to show me one reason why there shouldnt be a penalty above and beyond what you gave up by voluntarily quitting on your team. And the penalty I suggested isnt that harsh at all...in fact you could go do some crafting, or a class quest, or just explore...hell you could go have a beer, smoke a bowl, have a cig, make a sandwich....doesnt matter. Just so long as you cant re queue imediately after rage quitting (which in essence is what you are defending)

But thats OK....my example was fine...I didnt say you went to a coach. I didnt say you faked an injury. Mainly because we are talking about leaving a WZ. I said you got up and just walk off the field. You dont tell anyone, you just leave. Trust me...there would be huge fines for that. And thats exactly what you are doing when you leave a WZ. You dont say "OMG I got shot in the knee with an arrow I have to leave." You dont have a WZ coach to say I need to sit out...you just get up and leave.

Bad example is bad, but what you are comparing leaving a WZ is beyond terrible.

What you are saying is, if I leave a football match without telling anyone, there will be huge consequences. There will be, not because of leaving, but because of not communicating your problem properly to your coach who can fill your spot and make it work for the team for the game. And after, he can see to your problem too. So, I can leave a football game. If I leave simply, the punishment will be because of doing it the wrong way.

Since we are wasting time here, let's continue on the same analogy: if I eat a chicken soup in the middle of the field, there will be consequences too. And if I actually strip naked and keep playing, not only will I lose my job, I will also be jailed. So, work these conditions in your WZ vs football penalty system. Who should be punished in the WZs? Should we have "NO SOUP FOR YOU OR YOU GET PENALTY" rule too? Want to start a thread about it?

Edited by Ghostuka

Bad example is bad, but what you are comparing leaving a WZ is beyond terrible.

What you are saying is, if I leave a football match without telling anyone, there will be huge consequences. There will be, not because of leaving, but because of not communicating your problem properly to your coach who can fill your spot and make it work for the team for the game. And after, he can see to your problem too. So, I can leave a football game. If I leave simply, the punishment will be because of doing it the wrong way.

Since we are wasting time here, let's continue on the same analogy: if I eat a chicken soup in the middle of the field, there will be consequences too. And if I actually strip naked and keep playing, not only will I lose my job, I will also be jailed. So, work these conditions in your WZ vs football penalty system. Who should be punished in the WZs? Should we have "NO SOUP FOR YOU OR YOU GET PENALTY" rule too? Want to start a thread about it?

this is my last post on this thread. Not because I am not enjoying the "discussion" but Im on a vacation (which is why I even bothered to read the forums in the first place. No game access for me while Im away) and about to go out with a bunch of friends to tie on one as it were.

As to your continued belief that my example is bad. Once again, if you read the example I wrote, there is no going to the coach. (no coach in WZ's as you yourself pointed out) No going out on an injury (real or fake), you just dont tell anyone, you just walk off the field and out of the game. You keep adding things in that make YOUR point completely disregarding anything Ive written, but my example fit perfectly with my point. Its rage quitting pure and simple. And there would be penalties. Fines for sure and most likely you would be benched for a certain amount of games (a time penalty like I suggested)

You are right those things also would be reasons to be fined as well. But that doesnt take away from my example. In your chicken soup example and my leaving the game in the middle....BOTH would get penalties associated with them.

We can, as you said though, agree to disagree.

Seems like you just want to argue. But thats OK....my example was fine...I didnt say you went to a coach. I didnt say you faked an injury. Mainly because we are talking about leaving a WZ. I said you got up and just walk off the field. You dont tell anyone, you just leave. Trust me...there would be huge fines for that. And thats exactly what you are doing when you leave a WZ. You dont say "OMG I got shot in the knee with an arrow I have to leave." You dont have a WZ coach to say I need to sit out...you just get up and leave.

I also agreed that all the reasons you listed for kicking (including the AFKer and the guy you fight with because he sucks.) What I am saying is that system would be abused...period. I did give a way for it to work maybe...which would be that a kick would require all 7 other players to vote for it. But I guess you dont like that either...cant imagine why? Maybe you just need to justify to youself why leaving a WZ is OK because it looks like a loss, or because you want to queue fish for a winning match (which were the original arguements in this thread for a penalty), or because you think someone is afk'ing, or just think you know how to PvP better. Im not sure....but you have yet to show me one reason why there shouldnt be a penalty above and beyond what you gave up by voluntarily quitting on your team. And the penalty I suggested isnt that harsh at all...in fact you could go do some crafting, or a class quest, or just explore...hell you could go have a beer, smoke a bowl, have a cig, make a sandwich....doesnt matter. Just so long as you cant re queue imediately after rage quitting (which in essence is what you are defending)

Well, if you REALLY want to use the football comparison to a WZ, do it properly.

I march out on the field with my pads ready to play on the OL line. My opponent marches out their D linemen, who is also wearing his pads, but his pads are made out of kevlar awhere mine are made out of paper-mache. We face each other in hand to hand combat, with his pads giving him the advantage. My coach says suck it out, you'll get better pads in 3-4 months from now, take your beating. Then to add insult to injury, my opponent whips out a baseball bat and starts pummelling me with it. My coach says here, hit him with this whiffle bat, you can get a wooden bat in 5-6 months when you get experience...

Edited by mulzii