Developer Update – Terror from Beyond

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks amazing but another raid? when do we get more story? im tired of raiding i want my RPG!

Not to be rude but, the story content probably costs the most to make due to the amount of voice acting required. On top of that it has very little replay value. Regardless of how this game is a MMO with Story (which I love btw) it is still an MMO, more group content is what it requires.

If you need your story fix, well that's what actual single player RPGs are for. Dont get me wrong, the class stories and planet stories are one of the most defining and interesting features of the game, but it simply doesn't keep players busy enough, and right now, that's what the game needs.

In future as we know Makeb will come. It will no doubt have a good planet story, and is said to be pretty big/long too. As for class stories, not coming for a long time.

Looks like a promising operation...I just hope it gets out soon, and it's difficult enough to where we are not farming it for 5 months till the next one.

I agree, I hope it's drops soon , it keeps draging on and on, with no end in site . they can't play like wow Does and say :When its really we will release it. , they messed that up for there self by not fixing stuff fast enough etc .

Plz release this soon I love the game alot .

Story Terror is balanced for Columi?? Really?? If you can't put out Ops any faster, at least make the available content harder. This is so frustrating....happy to sub but waiting 5 months for new content is driving me away...

It wouldn't be so bad waiting for so long for new content if slightly more of it was released each time. We have to wait 5-6 months+ just for one new Operation. Great, but what are we supposed to do during the other days of the week when we're locked out of the new Op?

How about some new daily FP content? Give us 50's something to do for heaven's sake. Most of our guild only log in once or twice a week for Ops. It's not worth logging in the rest of the time just to stand facing a wall on Fleet...

If story mode Terror drops rakata, looks like it's time for me to forget my set bonus (have full rakata now). I don't want to do HM Denova or Terror, I feel a little too old for HC raiding. Story modes, even the level of Denova (by the way, hard to belive that it's for tionese/columi gear) are fine, and fun. But thats the top for me.

I didn't buy the black hole yet, I wanted to keep the set bonus. But I really want to get off that set, make my own look, change something after months of play.

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what kind of gear players should be in to attempt Story Mode and what kinds of rewards they'll receive for doing so. He said that the gear requirements for Story Mode are similar to those for Story Mode Explosive Conflict. It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear. Hard Mode is balanced for players who have geared past Hard Mode Explosive Conflict.

I like the sound of that, but wow that seems like a huge increase in difficulty

Just curious what will story mode drop? I was going to assume Campaign, but it mentiones EC Hm for that. And I myself haven't taken the time to really try to get into a ec hm. Also hope this is more mechanics then just an enrage timer

Wel if u had been in EC hm then there ismore then just an enrage timer

storymode is called in our guild, just pussymode.

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what kind of gear players should be in to attempt Story Mode and what kinds of rewards they'll receive for doing so. He said that the gear requirements for Story Mode are similar to those for Story Mode Explosive Conflict. It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear. Hard Mode is balanced for players who have geared past Hard Mode Explosive Conflict.

this is just crap, everyone can now very easy get full black hole gear with just doing dailys

why then make an ops that is the same level as EC sm and drops te same, rakata is a gearset most people skip now

this is just crap, everyone can now very easy get full black hole gear with just doing dailys

why then make an ops that is the same level as EC sm and drops te same, rakata is a gearset most people skip now

Agreed, but they still need some coordination to complete it which I'm finding out a lot of players don't have XD.

So augmented campaign / blackhole with mods and enhancements optimized?

Why would we need better gear to perform the Ops than what the Ops actually drops? Doesn't that mean we are regressing in gear instead of progressing? I'm specifically referring to "balanced for Columi" drops. It is true, from my experience, that people completely skip Columi and only use Rakata to fill in the holes while they mindlessly grind out BH dailies. I'd love an explanation from Jesse Sky, if possible. Thanks!

Edited by InnerPieces

If story mode Terror drops rakata, looks like it's time for me to forget my set bonus (have full rakata now). I don't want to do HM Denova or Terror, I feel a little too old for HC raiding. Story modes, even the level of Denova (by the way, hard to belive that it's for tionese/columi gear) are fine, and fun. But thats the top for me.

I didn't buy the black hole yet, I wanted to keep the set bonus. But I really want to get off that set, make my own look, change something after months of play.

you realize if your in tionese and columi you can rip all the mods/ armor and enhancements out of the black hole gear and put them in ur tionese and columi gear piece and you'll keep the set bonus? Tionese/Columi/Rakata the set bonus is on the gear piece. Campaign Gear its on the Armor itself. So your gimping yourself sorry bro but at least now you know

Still wondering when this will be available to test on the pts? Any idea time frame????

"sigh" IMHO SM version should require min gear needed for HM EC.

Agreed, but hopefully hard mode will be, dare I say, hard.

Also, it would be soooo awesome if we could get at least some response on when it's going on PTS. Even if it's "Within 2 weeks" I'd be happy. Saying "We're not sure at this time" makes me feel unsure about it even releasing this month.

Edited by Rynis

Also, it would be soooo awesome if we could get at least some response on when it's going on PTS. Even if it's "Within 2 weeks" I'd be happy.

Maybe when they said they'd be getting Terror From Beyond out in September, they actually mean they'd be putting it on the PTS in September? Put it out for two week's testing on the 24th (last Monday in September) and it's technically "out" for public use in September, doesn't matter that in drops for the general population in October.

Maybe when they said they'd be getting Terror From Beyond out in September, they actually mean they'd be putting it on the PTS in September? Put it out for two week's testing on the 24th (last Monday in September) and it's technically "out" for public use in September, doesn't matter that in drops for the general population in October.

I pray to the dreadmasters you're wrong!!! :D

I pray to the dreadmasters you're wrong!!! :D

I'm just trying to get to the point where my expectations for this game are so low I might as well not have any, so that I can be pleasantly surprised should Bioware actually release any of its promised content. Consider it to be a cynical form of optimism, if you like.

I'm just trying to get to the point where my expectations for this game are so low I might as well not have any, so that I can be pleasantly surprised should Bioware actually release any of its promised content. Consider it to be a cynical form of optimism, if you like.

I love the way you think :]

Also, it would be soooo awesome if we could get at least some response on when it's going on PTS. Even if it's "Within 2 weeks" I'd be happy. Saying "We're not sure at this time" makes me feel unsure about it even releasing this month.

I already offered them the chance or even call it a challenge to give us a date or even a time frame. Am sure I'll get the day before the PTR is released. "Download the PTR server for tomorrow Friday, September 28th, Terror from Beyond will be Live on all PTR servers." There that satisfies their need to for you to see the new content, sense you don't need any special permissions to be on the PTR. The real question is when is Free 2 Play coming. They mind as well answer that question because nothing will be done or out till the Free 2 Play model hits. They have to milk as much money out of this as they can because they fail at keeping the fire lit. Throw some fuel on it! But have no fear EA cares very deeply of bleeding you out of money, and destroying your favorite titles. Besides only their original titles should hold the company together, The Sims, Madden, etc...

Now for all of you who think that EC SM is ohhh so terribly difficult. I play Eudorus on the Bastion server (Imperial), and am the GM of Suckafish. By all means send me a message in game mail, not whisper and my guild will carry you through it for a very minimal fee, there hows that does that satisfy your need to see the content? I am dead serious we will cover this just so I don't have to hear oh EC needs to be nerfed its too hard, no one knows what their doing. We cleared it in Rakata and Columi and for the most part isn't a stretch of the imagination for some of you. And were not a hard core guild we raid twice a week. But what I hear from almost all of these posts that its oh so hard and ridiculous and I pay a subscription I should be able to see the story everyone is talking about. Go to youtube search Denova story videos and you can catch the 2 cut scenes in the instance which have no effect on the story and the final one once you turn in the original quest. There now you don't have to learn about your class, the fights or even what gear/stats you should be aiming for. See you get your story that you want to see, and you don't even have to log in, now leave the raids the way they are, by no means are any story mode difficult

Edited by ancksunamur