The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Interesting day

joenewbie

I was on Tatooine killing those gigantic insect things, when all of a sudden I'm being attacked by another player, 50th level at that. Someone explain how this was possible in that I never challenged him to a duel, and if he had invited me to one I would have declined.

It happened while I was attacking the mobs, so I suspect there to be a glitch wherein maybe when in combat mode they can attack my companion and that triggers the PVP?

I have no idea how this happened but the guy did it 3 times, so I'm quite sure it wasn't exactly an accident.

well tatoine have pvp zones from what i remember (and yes there are missions) so if you're on pvp server than that is a normal thing...

unleas you will say you're on pve server and/or this guy was from the same site (imperial/republic) as you are

No I'm on PvE... Just double checked that. Jedi Cov.

Than you were flagged there's many ways to get flagged than just toggling.

- went to close to other teams base

- used an aoe and enemy was in range and he was flagged

- healed/buffed a guy that was flagged

- could have went in outlaws den by mistake that's open PVP area

-or you manually toggled

"- used an aoe and enemy was in range and he was flagged "

That had to be it.... I leap and then sweep as a Sent and the mobs are close together like those bugs do.

Lesson learned, stay away from level 50 toons in general. They really need to keep the PVP areas away from low/mid range quests. *shrug*

50's love to jump in between you and your target to get you flagged so they can kill you. Pure griefing. There's no excuse for it. You don't even have to be using an AOE, some will jump right in front of you, and a lot of people's reactions are not fast enough to stop.

Report them for inappropriate behavior, although BioWare continues to allow this activity, their sucking up to the PvP crowd never stops. :mad:

Well I played Asheron's Call for about 12 years, I had 5 accounts at one time too. I know all about griefing... best move is to show it doesn't effect you. I just am new and wasn't aware that it's possible to get PVP flagged like that. Now I know. :D

You were not in a PVP area just a normal questing spot but since you used an aoe you unintentionally engaged the enemy who was flagged.

this was supposed to be fixed a little while back, if you are not flagged for pvp you shouldnt be able to harm a player flagged for pvp

the companion's skills however seem to bypass this rule and will flag you for pvp if their attacks harm the player (for example through an aoe)

This happen to me on Nar Shadaa. The worst thing about it was after him and his buddy (yes, they teamed up on me like COWARDS) got done TEA BAGGING me, he looted something off my corpse!!!!! Basically, this lvl 50 ********* was rewarded with something for kill me, A LEVEL 36 Character. My eye's literally POP OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! He was rewarded for killing someone who didn't even have a chance against him. What kind crap is that! If you reward a player for praying on another player who is completely out classed they will keep doing it. STOP GIVING THESE GUYS REWARDS FOR KILLING LOW LEVEL CHARACTERS BioWare it's not fair. :mad:

This happen to me on Nar Shadaa. The worst thing about it was after him and his buddy (yes, they teamed up on me like COWARDS) got done TEA BAGGING me, he looted something off my corpse!!!!! Basically, this lvl 50 ********* was rewarded with something for kill me, A LEVEL 36 Character. My eye's literally POP OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! He was rewarded for killing someone who didn't even have a chance against him. What kind crap is that! If you reward a player for praying on another player who is completely out classed they will keep doing it. STOP GIVING THESE GUYS REWARDS FOR KILLING LOW LEVEL CHARACTERS BioWare it's not fair. :mad:

i dont believe they can loot anything off you. unless there was an npc corpse near you, he was most likely looting that

They need to change the game mechanic that allows this to happen. It should never have been in the game to start with! If you're in a group with someone who's flagged, and you heal them, buff them, or attack the same target, you are flagged.

What's ironic is that one of the random tips you see at load in tells you that PvP on a PvE server is always consensual. BW needs to look up the word!

There should be an ignore all duel offers button that can be turned on/off. I really enjoy this game for a number of reasons, A. It really isn't an MMO, it's a true MMORPG.. <---- has a storyline that takes you to the top levels of the game. Asheron's Call lacked that. B. the first movie I ever saw in a theater was Star Wars... boo yah. :D

You do not advance the discussion by fabricating things. You can not loot other players in the game, period.

Doesn't matter whether the PvP was an ambush, consentual, open-world or in a warzone.

And a simple check of your gear would have revealed this, if you were that worried about whether someone just took some of your loot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All that said, this is a problem that was supposed to have been fixed.

Unless the OP maybe buffed someone that was flagged and didn't notice, this sort of thing just shouldn't happen.

A non-flagged player should never be able to become flagged unless they either activate it themselves or enter a flagged area and disregard the warnings and corresponding countdown.

A non-flagged player should just not be able to interact with a flagged player (of either faction) at all.

I know that I am a person that will throw class buffs on other players randomly to help them out, but I have to be careful about the people that walk around flagged so as not to end up flagging myself.

You do not advance the discussion by fabricating things. You can not loot other players in the game, period.

Doesn't matter whether the PvP was an ambush, consentual, open-world or in a warzone.

And a simple check of your gear would have revealed this, if you were that worried about whether someone just took some of your loot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All that said, this is a problem that was supposed to have been fixed.

Unless the OP maybe buffed someone that was flagged and didn't notice, this sort of thing just shouldn't happen.

A non-flagged player should never be able to become flagged unless they either activate it themselves or enter a flagged area and disregard the warnings and corresponding countdown.

A non-flagged player should just not be able to interact with a flagged player (of either faction) at all.

I know that I am a person that will throw class buffs on other players randomly to help them out, but I have to be careful about the people that walk around flagged so as not to end up flagging myself.

I don't think he was saying he was personally looted out of his inventory, but rather thought it a prize for having beat him in PvP. That was how I read it anyway, I could be wrong.

As far as the buffing another player bit, didn't do that either. And isn't that just strange as a PvE to buff a PvP anyway? I mean I could camp in the middle of a PvP fight and wait till my friend needs my buffs and then buff him go PvP and help them kill the other guy. This seems like a ready-made exploit to me.

OK.

No.

You dont get any reward for killing another player. And all your caps hurt my eyes :rolleyes:

Buffing a PvP player will flag you for PvP with a 5 min cooldown. It's pretty obvious when it happens. You hear the music, the PvP icon turns red, and your nameplate turns green. This prevents you from helping someone who is engaged in PvP fight without joining in yourself. Edited by Owsley

You can't tell if someone is flagged unless you have nameplates turned on, and having a screen full of nameplates makes it difficult to see what's going on. And, if they are flagged, their nameplate is green. Green is universal for "safe" so it's misleading. Friendly NPCs have green names.

If you don't have nameplates turned on you can hover over them to see, but then their name is in yellow. WTH? Why can't it at least be consistent?

Yesterday I got into a group with someone flagged, and I avoided buffing... and then I was flagged when Doc healed him. Ridiculous. There should be no auto-flagging EVER.

I don't think he was saying he was personally looted out of his inventory, but rather thought it a prize for having beat him in PvP. That was how I read it anyway, I could be wrong.

That is exactly what happened and I'm not fabricating anything:eek:. There were no trash mob corpses by my corpse either. I have no reason to make up a story for you guys. This really needs to be changed.:mad:

When you are attacked by a higher level player, no matter the server type, post the location and what happened in General chat. Hopefully some high-enough level players will show up to fight them...

This is especially true on pvp servers...

That is exactly what happened and I'm not fabricating anything:eek:. There were no trash mob corpses by my corpse either. I have no reason to make up a story for you guys. This really needs to be changed.:mad:

So, you opened your inventory and what items were missing? Or credits? Have you submitted a ticket to Customer Support to get your missing items back? Was there an emote or system message to tell you that you had been looted? Did the individual in question kneel next to or near your corpse?

So, you opened your inventory and what items were missing? Or credits? Have you submitted a ticket to Customer Support to get your missing items back? Was there an emote or system message to tell you that you had been looted? Did the individual in question kneel next to or near your corpse?

You have to go back and read this guys post. They did not loot my corpse for an item that I had on me but, he was rewarded with something though for killing me. He knelt down right over me and picked something up. Why would he be rewarded for taking me by surprise and basically murdering my mid-lvl character. It just doesn't make sense.

You were Nar Shadda, correct? Was this during the Chevin event that ended recently (I'm assuming so)? You do realise that during the Chevin event there were several semi-randomly spawning lootable boxes around Nar Shadda. Boxes which contained Tokens of Enrichment, the currency of the event. These boxes were highly sought after and contested. It would not be unusual for a high level character to defeat, and kill, a lower level character in a bid to obtain one of these boxes.

Is it possible that is what happened?

You were Nar Shadda, correct? Was this during the Chevin event that ended recently (I'm assuming so)? You do realise that during the Chevin event there were several semi-randomly spawning lootable boxes around Nar Shadda. Boxes which contained Tokens of Enrichment, the currency of the event. These boxes were highly sought after and contested. It would not be unusual for a high level character to defeat, and kill, a lower level character in a bid to obtain one of these boxes.

Is it possible that is what happened?

It was during the event and I was looking for tokens when it happened too:eek:. So, they killed my character in hopes of getting a better chance of finding more loot boxes with me out of the way? WOW that's some COLD ****!!!:(

Edited by GalaxyStrong