Random buffs of kindness?

Warguppy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I don't really agree with the part where you help someone kill an 'elite' after they tag it. The way I see it is that if I really needed help doing something then I would post in General Chat that I need a group for something. I actually can't stand when I am out solo questing and I see a mob that I would like to try to solo and some group of players run by and steam rolls through my mob. Really? You don't think that people can post "Looking for group to quest with"? I can't be the only one who feels this way. The same goes with buffs though too. I'll even go so far as to remove buffs that people put on me when I am out in the wilds. I like the challenge of doing solo quests... solo. Not with a whole row of buffs and people running around killing everything I tag.

Sounds like a no exit trap for me, like with womans :)

/w Damn, why did't help me with mobs killing me and just buff and passed by?

/w Damn, why did you help me? i want a fair solo challenge and stop buffing me, im tired of canceling your stupid buffs which i don't need for solo play!

I do random buffs when I'm at a quest hub. I'm usually too focused when out actually questing/fighting.

I've done random buffs this way since I started playing WoW. I didn't do it in EQ but that was because buffing cost money and the cast times were horrible. :D

I love doing this. Even if I'm dashing by on my way elsewhere, if I see someone standing around and it looks like they're reading codex entries or otherwise not seeing me, I'll stop and buff them. It's so much fun to have one pop up but I've never typed a thanks into the chat box. I do talk to my screen however, so I always express my gratitude. Half the time I'm not even sure who did it!

I like stealth-buffing more than being identifiable. Maybe I just like surprises. :D I don't expect anything in return. Hopefully it gives someone else a smile.

I tend to always buff people I see, unless a) they're in combat, I don't want to be dragged into combat as well, or b) they are pvp flagged.

As a Sith Assassin if I select someone and try to buff them, I can't. The button is greyed out. Am I missing something?

I'd say either out of range, or you've selected their companion and not the player.

I was only in the beta for one weekend but I did notice that people would give buffs out to anyone they passed. Since starting the EA, though, I have noticed this only rarely happens.

So let's start a trend! Give people you pass buffs if they don't already have them! It isn't taking anything from your gameplay and when you get them it helps you as well. Let's start this trend and KEEP IT GOING!

I do it all the time on both my characters. I have a level 50, and 45. In all that time I yet to get a single buff back. I am not complaining just something I have noticed.

I buff back if I notice it cast on me, but generally haven't actively done any drive-by buffing for many years in a game.

I stopped when low level characters would run up to me and demand buffs as if they were entitled to them and my mana/power. It stopped being fun.

For some reason I've assumed the buffs have been party only...

Will buff people more now!

Personally I'm with what someone else wrote, that I don't much appreciate getting "help" when fighting a difficult mob or so. If I took on more than I can handle then I can also handle dying for it.

Seen too many cases where I've gotten help and then they've become really rude and annoyed when I didn't thank them. >.>

Buffing.. someone on Ludo Kressh teamed with me earlier today and was giving me buffs and asked for one back. I had to admit I ddn't know how to do them, so they talked me through it, I managed it and thanked them for teaching me how to do it.

I had heard of it before but even now I am not sure exactly what buffing achieves and why people like it, can someone explain?

Give people an achievement for it and you'll have more little icons surrounding your bar then you know what to do with. :p

I buff people sometimes, not consistently. It depends on what's going on. If it's a busy area, I can't pause long enough to buff people going by. Or some people go by faster than I can target them, there's a lot of reasons.

Typically, I do most of my buffing in the quest hub areas rather than instances etc, because people are more likely to be standing still and I don't have to worry about respawns behind my back etc. :p

I tend to pass buffs on players who run by me. Its just force of habit being a healer in all the MMOs I've played. Just to let you know it does trigger PvP flag if the other person has himself flagged for whatever reason and if they are in combat it also puts you immediately into combat as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.