Inquisitor... why not real pvp dps?

chisaineko

Healer's dps is low, when they have someone to heal. One on one, they should have a chance of beating other classes. If not through raw burst dps, then by dots or some other mechanism.

At present can you see equally geared sorcerer killing a sentinel ? This should be possible, 1 on 1.

Healer's dps is low, when they have someone to heal. One on one, they should have a chance of beating other classes. If not through raw burst dps, then by dots or some other mechanism.

At present can you see equally geared sorcerer killing a sentinel ? This should be possible, 1 on 1.

This isn't a 1v1 game.

It's a 8v8 game.

A boss sorcerer, yes.

This isn't a 1v1 game.

It's a 8v8 game.

This statement is the reason PVP is in the state its in.. This is not a 8v8 game.. People keeping saying that.. then asking for more 8v8 garbage and even some want 5 v 5 and 2v2 Arena Crap... The more people think like this... the longer SWTOR will be hurting..

And in 1 v 1 if it happens a healer should be able to heal themselves long enough for any dot or damage they use to bring their opponent down. If they know what they are doing (Obviously with proper resource management etc..). It should be like a dps vs dps.. both hps go down at the same speed.. obviously the healers dps would be going back up as it goes down.. but it should come down to who made a mistake and who didnt.. Not Oh its a healer.. fall over i win cuz im dps.

Edited by prodigyqnz

This statement is the reason PVP is in the state its in.. This is not a 8v8 game.. People keeping saying that.. then asking for more 8v8 garbage and even some want 5 v 5 and 2v2 Arena Crap... The more people think like this... the longer SWTOR will be hurting..

Not even 1v1 will ever happen because if you are out in the world you *should* have a companion out at all times. In almost all cases, it will be your RDPS or Healer companion.

But it is 8v8. All warzones are 8v8.

People who say its not a one v one game are off. How many times have had to guard a node alone (ya ya there should always be two) but that doesn't happen.

Running to a node to help guard and you get picked off by someone who wants to fight. happens all the time. People like fighting one on one in war zones to test themselves even if it's wrong.

One on ones are a huge part of this game. The people who say it isn't are the people who run op classes and like stomping people one on one.

Oh hey don't worry about my sent killing you in three hits, it's not a one on one game anyway.

And in 1 v 1 if it happens a healer should be able to heal themselves long enough for any dot or damage they use to bring their opponent down. If they know what they are doing (Obviously with proper resource management etc..). It should be like a dps vs dps.. both hps go down at the same speed.. obviously the healers dps would be going back up as it goes down.. but it should come down to who made a mistake and who didnt.. Not Oh its a healer.. fall over i win cuz im dps.

There's a reason this game is dying.

Working as intended, really isn't.

If anything the sorcerer dps should be high enough to justify killing them first.. as in you can kill me in three hits in 5 seconds, but... I might kill you too.

As it stands now, the sorcerer builds (all of them) are nothing more than a speed bump to other classes.

If anything the sorcerer dps should be high enough to justify killing them first.. as in you can kill me in three hits in 5 seconds, but... I might kill you too.

As it stands now, the sorcerer builds (all of them) are nothing more than a speed bump to other classes.

Gear up.

Gear up.

... still a speed bump.

Seriously, if a Sorc goes 1 v 1 with a marauder, the sorc does about 6k damage before dying. The marauder easily does 30k. This is a major imbalance.

For this to work, the sorcerer has to be able to live through all the damage the marauder can do until both are down to one hit to win. As it stands the sorcerer cannot take the damage the marauder dishes out. Ergo, extremely unbalanced.

And before you say it.. the sorcerer "taking it" should be a mix of self healing and bubbles.

Perhaps the self-bubble for the sorcerer needs to be an unstunnable action, and worth 3 or 4 times the damage a bubble on another player lasts for. Self bubble for 20,000 damage, uninterruptable and works through stuns.

... still a speed bump.

Seriously, if a Sorc goes 1 v 1 with a marauder, the sorc does about 6k damage before dying. The marauder easily does 30k. This is a major imbalance.

For this to work, the sorcerer has to be able to live through all the damage the marauder can do until both are down to one hit to win. As it stands the sorcerer cannot take the damage the marauder dishes out. Ergo, extremely unbalanced.

You know all those times you get to sit there spamming lighting at 1.2k per tick, from range, usually at a person that is already fighting someone else? Yeah, Marauders don't get to do that, ever.

This is the biggest fallacy when ranged DPS start talking about class balance using 1v1 examples.

A. WZs are not 1v1.

B. Because they are not 1v1, when you are counting the "seconds you last against a Marauder" you should start the "timer" the minute you start doing damage, to anyone. Not 15 seconds later when a Marauder finds you and kills you. Because that free casting time you have, whether it is 3 seconds or 30? Marauders never have that, as it is always quite obvious when a Marauder is in your face.

You have an ability(s) that allows you to attack people from far away, where bads 1/2 the time won't even know it is you casting on them, or even the people that pick you out right away, still have to walk through 1/2 your team to come after you. The price for that ability is that IF they pick you out right away, and IF 1/2 your team doesn't beat them down on their way to you, they will usually kill you.

That's the role of a ranged caster, and it is balanced.

... still a speed bump.

You make a good point, what they should do is nerf all classes to 5 abilities

Attack 1

Attack 2

AOE attack

Stun

Self Heal

All these attacks should do a maximum of 600 damage each and every character should have exactly the same health and gear should play no part in PVP

Sure this would turn PVP into a what FPS game are, which are zergfest/button spamming nightmare where all classes are essentially the same, but hey it's only fair

..... oh wait that's Guild Wars

/end sarcasm

Most classes have counter-classes. The ones designed to beat them in most situations, Sorcs are not designed to beat Sents, you are support DPS. If you don't like it roll another character, i did, and i am now very happy with my Guardian

... still a speed bump.

Marauder/Sentinel's 2 of 3 trees are designed for 1v1 combat. I keep getting rocked by Inquisitors in WZs, where on my server majority are almost or fully augmented WHs.

You make a good point, what they should do is nerf all classes to 5 abilities

Attack 1

Attack 2

AOE attack

Stun

Self Heal

All these attacks should do a maximum of 600 damage each and every character should have exactly the same health and gear should play no part in PVP

Sure this would turn PVP into a what FPS game are, which are zergfest/button spamming nightmare where all classes are essentially the same, but hey it's only fair

..... oh wait that's Guild Wars

/end sarcasm

Most classes have counter-classes. The ones designed to beat them in most situations, Sorcs are not designed to beat Sents, you are support DPS. If you don't like it roll another character, i did, and i am now very happy with my Guardian

You for got to mention 1 attack (15 sec cd) is only 30m and the rest are 0-10m ranges.

Gee.... I want my Scoundrel to be both scrapper build, and want him to heal as good as sawbones build.

Please give me 31/31/31 spec.

Thank you.

:rolleyes:

actually, both Operatives and Mercs can do pretty decent DPS, Op has good burst attacks and Merc has a really good AOE. Sorc healers don't hurt anyone.

Gee.... I want my Scoundrel to be both scrapper build, and want him to heal as good as sawbones build.

Please give me 31/31/31 spec.

Thank you.

:rolleyes:

Thead winner.

Also, be grateful that you don't have 'Willpower' for healing magic, and 'Intelligence' as offensive magic stats. Healers in SWTOR have amazing DPS abilities because of this.