Acknowledging KotOR II: TSL.

Rayla_Felana

A quick request, will we see some story that finally acknowledges the events of KotOR II and no not just the ghost from the flashpoint, but some final dividends to the game, no it isn't as 'wildly popular' as the first game, but I think it rather unjust that it has basically been ignored in the larger world view, I was very disappointed in the way the Exile/Revan story ended, but could we at least see a tribute to KotOR II, regardless of whether or not BIOWare created the sequel.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um probably because the story is a little hard to work with I mean all the jedi are dead except one with a force ghost living in a mask sucking the life out of whole planets

I love the characters [except krea] and the stories on the planets are good especialy bringing in onderon dxun and beast riders but the main plot is really bad and does not fit well in the swtor universe

that said swtor has some refrences to both kotor 1 and 2 in diffrent class stories but not much of either, i have allways felt that swtor wanted to seperate it self from kotor story wise and tell a completely new story

Edited by Vis-Tecum

um probably because the story is a little hard to work with I mean all the jedi are dead except one with a force ghost living in a mask sucking the life out of whole planets

I love the characters [except krea] and the stories on the planets are good especialy bringing in onderon dxun and beast riders but the main plot is really bad and not very star wars in my opinon

that said swtor has many refrences to both kotor 1 and 2 in diffrent class stories

Despite the fact that the exile's actions made her pretty famous in certain regions of space, even SWTOR explains that her and Revan were legends in the Order.

And what you think of the story isn't the point, KotOR II is just as important to the events of this game as the first one is, I don't understand why KotOR has reference after reference, especially concerning Revan in this game, but when it comes to KotOR II, BIOWare are almost nil-by-mouth.

If you want to know the rest of the story from KOTOR 2 and how it ties into SWTOR, you will need to read Darth Revan. I want go into a review of the book or a recap of the material, but it bridges the two games, including the tie-in to one of the Flash Points in game. I doubt you will get more than this, as the book leaves little room for expansion (aside from possible companion character story arcs).

I found the book to be a quick read and entertaining.

Atleast with KOTOR, it is BW's story. There are unreleased things from KOTOR 2 from my knowledge. It's harder to put a story that isn't yours into a game like this. Atleast we have the exile in this game, she's honestly one of the most tragic heroes given the events of the Maelstrom ( Republic ) Edited by Echriado

Despite the fact that the exile's actions made her pretty famous in certain regions of space, even SWTOR explains that her and Revan were legends in the Order.

never said that meetra didnt exist, like said in a previous post the revan book and swtor pretty much end her story the server names had alot of kotor 2 refrences and you will be able to buy nihlus's mask in the cash shop what more do you want, just play kotor 2 again with all the mods if you cant get enough

its unfair to accuse bioware of ignoring kotor 2 they obviously dont [but should]

I think that we should get to see more reminders of people from the sequel, perhaps a series of level 50 missions on tython involving force ghosts from the past, maybe you could even find Atton frozen in carbonite in the expansion to the Smuggler story, in my opinion he'd be the best character to have a return in this game.

I love the characters [except krea]

I thought quite the opposite, I liked Kreia and thought everyone else was really boring.

Why would they acknowledge a game they didnt even make, or wasn't nearly as good as the first one, be thankful meetra made it into the game at all, the exile was such a bleh character anyway.

You misspelled " was much better than the first one ".

Why would they acknowledge a game they didnt even make, or wasn't nearly as good as the first one, be thankful meetra made it into the game at all, the exile was such a bleh character anyway.

Eh, Bethesda acknowledges Interplay's Fallout stuff, and even FO:NV, which is made by Obsidian (makers of KOTOR II), so why not?

I thought quite the opposite, I liked Kreia and thought everyone else was really boring.

what? brianna is great she tells you about the echani and her mother being a jedi and how her father the echani general fell in love, not only that she can be used without a weapon [awsome] and visas who is a darkside miraluka enough said, mira is ok her story with the wookie bounty hunter is really good and atton has a really cool story and conversations on the ebon hawk with his pazzak trick, then you have barad dur or what ever whith his little droid and goto who are interesting. even atris, onderons queen, and the last jedi had good stories, I hated canderous as mandalore in that awful mask, his conversations and use of the mandalorians was awsome though

kreia on the other hand was all "dont do that, dont do that" anytime I did anything and was constantly working against me, at first it was cool with her trying to live outside the force walking that grey line trying to not live by the forces rules if she would just shut up and let me finish a mission, but then in a horrible "plot twist" oh she is really just a sith and has been using you the whole time and has this whole acadamy of force users even though shes all anti force and then they end the game abruptly with no conclusion and its just over as you fly away and malachor blows up again for some reason

nihalus and her other lacky were cool I just dont like the whole living dead held together by the darkside expanation

and anyone saying kotor 2 story was better is just wrong,

Edited by Vis-Tecum

This is the thing I hate the most about this game. I don't even want it mentioned anymore because BioWare would do a poor job of it. I wish Obsidian would make Kotor 3

yeah so it could be all buggy and unfinished and subpar compared to the first

that said kotor 2 did have better combat, force powers and item modding

It's laughable how much better The TSL storyline is compared to Kotor 1 (With the Restored Content Mod). It is really upsetting how Bioware completely kills off The Exile (I refuse to acknowledge The Exile canonically) and makes The Exile seem like a total follower to Revan and makes it seem like they were completely insignificant. If you don't see the whole point of TSL's storyline well then you're pretty oblivious.

It's laughable how much better The TSL storyline is compared to Kotor 1 (With the Restored Content Mod). It is really upsetting how Bioware completely kills off The Exile (I refuse to acknowledge The Exile canonically) and makes The Exile seem like a total follower to Revan and makes it seem like they were completely insignificant. If you don't see the whole point of TSL's storyline well then you're pretty oblivious.

its laughable how people try to troll just to sound subversive :rolleyes:

even with the mods it's story has nothing on the starforge, the mandalorian wars, the revan plot twist, malak destroying taris or the rakata but hey you get super sith force ghost so...

drew karpyshyn's retcon in the revan novel was the only way to make the exile make any sense in a bigger story, the story in kotor 2 is so isolated and impossible to expand on, I think he actually did a really good job and I loved meetra in the revan novel. drew really surprised me in making her so believable, she is my favorite kotor character behind revan. her death was tragic yes but it made sense and was vital to the story of scorge and revans role in swtor.

Edited by Vis-Tecum

its laughable how people try to troll just to sound subversive :rolleyes:

even with the mods it's story has nothing on the starforge, the mandalorian wars, the revan plot twist, malak destroying taris or the rakata but hey you get super sith force ghost so...

drew karpyshyn's retcon in the revan novel was the only way to make the exile make any sense in a bigger story, the story in kotor 2 is so isolated and impossible to expand on, I think he actually did a really good job and I loved meetra in the revan novel. drew really surprised me in making her so believable, she is my favorite kotor character behind revan. her death was tragic yes but it made sense and was vital to the story of scorge and revans role in swtor.

Trust me, no one's trolling. Kotor 1's storyline is generic. It's what we've seen in all the Star Wars movies but in a different timeline. Nothing special. I love Kotor 1, but TSL goes into a story never explored. It's less about a completely generic "Good" side and a completely generic "Bad" side, it's about the line in between and how everything is affected. You clearly just missed the whole point of the storyline.

Trust me, no one's trolling. Kotor 1's storyline is generic. It's what we've seen in all the Star Wars movies but in a different timeline. Nothing special. I love Kotor 1, but TSL goes into a story never explored. It's less about a completely generic "Good" side and a completely generic "Bad" side, it's about the line in between and how everything is affected. You clearly just missed the whole point of the storyline.

yes you are so smart they did such a good job please enlighten me on how their version of the force and dark and light beats the classic version of the force and be as condesinding as you can please becase your not trolling :rolleyes:

you have said nothing untill you give examples of the stories in kotor 2 that you are reffering to your vauge statements of fact mean nothing

I will say again kreias plot twist was bad nihulus and sion being dead and living off the dark side is not revolutionary and pretty generic [outside of starwars] the wound in the force has tons of plot holes as does why nihulus and sion were at malachor in the first place when it was destroyed the first time also nihulus feeding off the force and force users is not creative how the emporer did it in swtor and why he did it makes more sense though both are as bad writing as the mind bomb in the bane novels :D

Edited by Vis-Tecum

yes you are so smart they did such a good job please enlighten me on how their version of the force and dark and light beats the classic version of the force and be as condesinding as you can please becase your not trolling :rolleyes:

I don't have the time nor the energy to indulge ignorance. It'd take too long. It's not my fault you can't process anything in your mind more complex than "I'm hungry." By the way, condescending*

The Starforge is just another super weapon. Nothing special. The Mando Wars is just another war, nothing special either. The Revan plot twist? Oh you mean something that you could see a mile away? It's just another identity plot twist. Same as the OT with Vader being Anakin. Destruction of Taris=/=Alderaan. The Rakata was a bit interesting though.

Everything that's been done in K1 is basically the exact same thing that's been done in the OT, with slight changes.

I don't have the time nor the energy to indulge ignorance. It'd take too long. It's not my fault you can't process anything in your mind more complex than "I'm hungry." By the way, condescending*

yeah that seems about the level of maturity I expected from you, acting arrogant and saying nothing

Edited by Vis-Tecum

If you want to know the rest of the story from KOTOR 2 and how it ties into SWTOR, you will need to read Darth Revan. I want go into a review of the book or a recap of the material, but it bridges the two games, including the tie-in to one of the Flash Points in game. I doubt you will get more than this, as the book leaves little room for expansion (aside from possible companion character story arcs).

I found the book to be a quick read and entertaining.

I have read the book and it quickly turned the Exile into another mediocre Jedi with nothing special about her whatsoever and the randomly thrown in bits of praise spread about doesn't make it better.