What are the chances...

coerCez

of EA/Bioware completely shifting gears from all perspectives and start marketing the game as a single player game with multi-player aspects?

I have been thinking and it seems obvious to me with the recent changes in management, people leaving, free2play, emphasis on single player content and lack of overall commitment to the game that everyone is waiting for GW2 release and what kind of impact it will have on the game. I am afraid that, if GW2 succeeds in grabbing the majority of the players left in this in game, we might completely be suprised by this change in direction.

Edited by coerCez

of EA/Bioware completely shifting gears from all perspectives and start marketing the game as a single player game with multi-player aspects?

I have been thinking and it seems obvious to me with the recent changes in management, people leaving, free2play, emphasis on single player content and lack of overall commitment to the game that everyone is waiting for GW2 release and what kind of impact it will have on the game. I am afraid that, if GW2 succeeds in grabbing the majority of the players left in this in game, we might completely be suprised by this change in direction.

As an MMO, I think they need a well balanced combination of both solo and multi-player experiences.

Now, if you ask me what are the chances of them shutting this game down COMPLETELY within a year...

All honesty I don't think people here or any other mmo currently available is ready for GW2. But to understand what GW2 has to offer you have to play it to believe it, just IMO :)

All honesty I don't think people here or any other mmo currently available is ready for GW2. But to understand what GW2 has to offer you have to play it to believe it, just IMO :)

On the contrary, I believe majority of MMORPG players are dying for something new, different, and polished...

On the contrary, I believe majority of MMORPG players are dying for something new, different, and polished...

+1

SWTOR was probably the last (hopefully final) hotkey based MMO of this generation, the ones that work have stood the test of time and i feel SWTOR came out just at the end of the era for this, people want something new and there are alot more of them compared to even 4-5 years ago, with those comes a very vocal minority too and that is generally what you see on these forums.

Like any genre bar maybe FPS there are new generations within gaming and i reckon that the hotkey based MMO with a static world is coming to a swift end as proved here.