Solo Ranked WZ's (Terrible idea)

Pistols

Be honest, the ONLY reason why peeps want this, is due to gear farming. Period.

RWZ's are for cooridinated groups, I really have NO desire to read endless amounts of QQ on the forums how an 8man group wrecked 8 solo QQ'ers, as well as those carebears who are going to sit at a node and farm medals.

Having solo ranked WZ's completely negates the reason for having regular WZ's, and I simply have not seen ONE valid reason to implement such an awful idea. I wish the carebears would stop asking for this, and miss the PvP types who don't have entitlement issues.

/pvp_qq_end

Edited by Pistols

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RWZ's are for cooridinated groups, I really have NO desire to read endless amounts of QQ on the forums how an 8man group wrecked 8 solo QQ'ers, as well as those carebears who are going to sit at a node and farm medals.

Having solo ranked WZ's completely negates the reason for having regular WZ's, and I simply have not seen ONE valid reason to implement such an awful idea. I wish the carebears would stop asking for this, and miss the PvP types who don't have entitlement issues.

/pvp_qq_end

As said before, solo ranked queue's has worked for FPS games for years without problems and can work here without problems.

Gearing is not the only reason people want solo ranked queue's, I personally want them to see how I stack up. Not everyone has a guild full of 8 people who pvp. I am also not leaving my friends of 5+ years just to join a guild that does ranked pvp.

As said before, solo ranked queue's has worked for FPS games for years without problems and can work here without problems.

Gearing is not the only reason people want solo ranked queue's, I personally want them to see how I stack up. Not everyone has a guild full of 8 people who pvp. I am also not leaving my friends of 5+ years just to join a guild that does ranked pvp.

Maybe it has worked for FPS games, but this isn't an FPS. You can only do so well in WZ if your team blows. If you're paired up with 7 baddies its also going to hurt how well you can preform.

Edited by KhalifaHaze

Using your same logic then, geared-out 4-man premades should also be prevented from entering the normal queue as well. The only reason they're doing it is to farm comms off players in recruit gear.

/pvp_qq_end

I am sorry that hardcore-grind-loving nature of MMOs are changing and more games now cater to carebears than ever. Soon, every new MMO will start abolishing this disease of needing to grind to get gear for PvP.

I am willing to bet a $100 bucks that SWTOR, in the near future, will offer PvP gear in the cash shop. Then you can run RWs all day everytday against the same handful of guilds...

Using your same logic then, geared-out 4-man premades should also be prevented from entering the normal queue as well. The only reason they're doing it is to farm comms off players in recruit gear.

You're right, only recruit players que solo, and only 4 man groups que to farm them.

Silly me and that logic lol.

Edited by Pistols

Maybe it has worked for FPS games, but this isn't an FPS. You can only do so well in WZ if your team blows. If you're paired up with 7 baddies its also going to hurt how well you can preform.

So what, it happens in regular warzones... It happens in ranked wz pugs... Put an min expertise or valor requirment to queue on it. This may not be an FPS game, however it's been proven time and time again that solo ranked queue/matchmaking works fine. It's still player vs player which is the same things as an FPS game.

You have the same odds of getting that mysterious "7 baddies" match in those games as well, has not stopped them yet.

Considering how bad the game is I really doubt it matters if they add solo q options for ranked.

The game is bad sir. As I always tell Jakob and the rest of our crew, We are YET AGAIN trying to pvp in a pve game.

The ONLY reasons we stick around the game is our friends who still play and the Star Wars theme.

That's just it Khalifa, they don't care if they win or lose, they simply want to farm period.

It doesn't seem so long ago when the masses wanted 8 man queue's to seperate themselves from pugs, and now, we're hitting reverse mode because most PvP types have left and the carebears are coming out from under the rocks lol.

So what, it happens in regular warzones... It happens in ranked wz pugs... Put an min expertise or valor requirment to queue on it. This may not be an FPS game, however it's been proven time and time again that solo ranked queue/matchmaking works fine. It's still player vs player which is the same things as an FPS game.

You have the same odds of getting that mysterious "7 baddies" match in those games as well, has not stopped them yet.

Required expertise could make it a little better, but the reason why it works in a FPS game is that one player can carry the whole team. It doesn't work like that in SWTOR because one player can't kill the rest of the team by himself.

This is a comlpetely worthless response to an argument that smacked yours in the face.

Not at all, since this game ALLOWS up to 4 man groups to que for regs, and does NOT allow solo queue's for Ranked.

Take that in your pipe and smoke it, game doesn't need to be any more dumbed down for the baddies, which is my only point to the thread.

Edited by Pistols

That's just it Khalifa, they don't care if they win or lose, they simply want to farm period.

It doesn't seem so long ago when the masses wanted 8 man queue's to seperate themselves from pugs, and now, we're hitting reverse mode because most PvP types have left and the carebears are coming out from under the rocks lol.

Do you even realize why "most" people stopped running RWs? The only reason was that the gear disparity between hardcore PvPers and casuals were so big that getting farmed all day every day was not fun for most casuals.

You and people like amaze me. Obviously, you are in the minority given the state of the Ranked warzones. So, you have two options; a) either change teh complete mindset of casuals who do not like the gear disparity and the t ime it takes to acquire gear, or b) cut the grind out of PvP Gear and let people participate in PvP while in equal terms.

Obviously one of these things are much easier to accomplish then the other...

Not at all, since this game ALLOWS up to 4 man groups to que for regs, and does NOT allow solo queue's for Ranked.

Take that in your pipe and smoke it, game doesn't need to be any more dumbed down for the baddies, which is my only point to the thread.

With that attitude, good luck with playing 100 people 6 months from now, IF the game is still running.

The time for Hardcore MMORPGs are long gone. Deal with it.

I just do not see how a random group of players for ranking and earning ranked comms the fast way would be fun at all. Unless by some miracle they have some incredible match making system (lol) I still do not see how they will work and why anyone would want to have them.

If you really want to play ranked solo join a pug group they are usually a few running on my server.

Edited to add some "constructive thoughts" for people who want ranked.

What they really should do is just make a group finder for PvP like they do for PvE. Only then could I see this possibly maybe working.

Edited by cycao

Do you even realize why "most" people stopped running RWs? The only reason was that the gear disparity between hardcore PvPers and casuals were so big that getting farmed all day every day was not fun for most casuals.

You and people like amaze me. Obviously, you are in the minority given the state of the Ranked warzones. So, you have two options; a) either change teh complete mindset of casuals who do not like the gear disparity and the t ime it takes to acquire gear, or b) cut the grind out of PvP Gear and let people participate in PvP while in equal terms.

I love the gear beat me droolers, RP-PvP servers that way dude ------->

I have no sympathy for people who complain about not being able to run RWZ because of gear. RWZ is NOT for the causal player, it's for hardcore pvpers that want to see where they stand on the server. Casual player = regular wz and stop the QQ. Grind out war hero gear through regular wz like the rest of us did.

Edited by KhalifaHaze

I have no sympathy for people who complain about not being able to run RWZ because of gear. RWZ is NOT for the causal player, it's for hardcore pvpers that want to see where they stand on the server. Casual player = regular wz and stop the QQ.

Khalifa crits roleplayer for 139,542,994 faceroll damage.

Lol

I love the gear beat me droolers, RP-PvP servers that way dude ------->

You still don't get it do you? Without abolishing the gear disparity and making gear, for today's standards, such a grind to acquire, it is easy for people to quit trying. Because, you know, this is only a game and people don't have neither the time nor the motivation to spend 3 months playing casually to acquire gear to compete so that they can start to have fun.

If you make the gear disparity disappear, you only leave skill as an excuse to quit trying. Well I guarantee you people are a lot more competitive then they are grind tolerant.

So, you abolish gear grind for PvP and give more incentives for people to run RWs, such as establishing a web page where there are statistics for RW teams displayed, MVPs are selected based on performence, Showcase of RW matches that were so close it was nail biting, etc.

Gear incentives for PvP DO NOT WORK. Understand that already.

I have no sympathy for people who complain about not being able to run RWZ because of gear. RWZ is NOT for the causal player, it's for hardcore pvpers that want to see where they stand on the server. Casual player = regular wz and stop the QQ. Grind out war hero gear through regular wz like the rest of us did.

No thanks. I'll just wait until they either a) offer gear in the cash shop or b) lower the cost of gear.

Until then, have fun playing against the same people every night.

With that attitude, good luck with playing 100 people 6 months from now, IF the game is still running.

You don't seem to get it. Competitive guilds would rather play the same 2-3 good guilds, as opposed to playing 25 bad teams that offer no competition. You will never understand this, simply because you won't ever be in that position.

You don't seem to get it. Competitive guilds would rather play the same 2-3 good guilds, as opposed to playing 25 bad teams that offer no competition. You will never understand this, simply because you won't ever be in that position.

So you are saying that it is better to have 3 guilds running RWs then 25 so-so guilds? You do realize that a COMPANY, who wants to make money from their product, will never ever cater to hardcores right? Please say yes so I know that you are not completely brain dead...

No thanks. I'll just wait until they either a) offer gear in the cash shop or b) lower the cost of gear.

Until then, have fun playing against the same people every night.

I still don't understand why people feel some sense of entitlement to the best gear in an MMO. Either way that's why GW2 looks cool, atleast it will shut up the QQ carebears.

You still don't get it do you? Without abolishing the gear disparity and making gear, for today's standards, such a grind to acquire, it is easy for people to quit trying. Because, you know, this is only a game and people don't have neither the time nor the motivation to spend 3 months playing casually to acquire gear to compete so that they can start to have fun.

If you make the gear disparity disappear, you only leave skill as an excuse to quit trying. Well I guarantee you people are a lot more competitive then they are grind tolerant.

So, you abolish gear grind for PvP and give more incentives for people to run RWs, such as establishing a web page where there are statistics for RW teams displayed, MVPs are selected based on performence, Showcase of RW matches that were so close it was nail biting, etc.

Gear incentives for PvP DO NOT WORK. Understand that already.

Also, thank you for making my point about farming gear, you delivered exactly the very reason why peeps want solo.