Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Same Gender Romances Still in the Works?

SteppeMerc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After 9+ pages of reading I finally had to post something.

First, to the original poster's question, Same sex romances are in the works. They may be delayed due t all the things that have been going on within the company but we will see them at some point. Until the devs say otherwise assume they are in.

Now, for the people claiming that there are no referances to homosexuality in the Star wars Universe. It has been pointed out by several that Beviin was married to another man and that Juhani had feelings for Revan. These two examples prove you wrong,end of story. Despite the gay Mandos being a product of Karen Traviss (GRRRRR!) that relationship has not been retconned by GL. It stands as canon.

Juhani is a lesbian Cathar. This was confirmed a long time ago. It was intially intended for a female Revan to be able to romance her, but BW cut that out, so Juhani could only express her feelings. It doesn't matter than Revan is canonically male, the fact remains Juhani IS lesbian.

Should SGRs be in TOR? Yes, they should. Why shoudn't they be? It only affects your character and his/her companions. If you don't approve of SGRs then don't participate in them, nobody is forcing you to. You will never know who is romancing which companion unless they shout it from the rafters or you get nosy and ask. This is also content people want because, gasp, they might be roleplayerrs and actually want to have a real RP aspect to their character's love interest.

After 9+ pages of reading I finally had to post something.

First, to the original poster's question, Same sex romances are in the works. They may be delayed due t all the things that have been going on within the company but we will see them at some point. Until the devs say otherwise assume they are in.

Now, for the people claiming that there are no referances to homosexuality in the Star wars Universe. It has been pointed out by several that Beviin was married to another man and that Juhani had feelings for Revan. These two examples prove you wrong,end of story. Despite the gay Mandos being a product of Karen Traviss (GRRRRR!) that relationship has not been retconned by GL. It stands as canon.

Juhani is a lesbian Cathar. This was confirmed a long time ago. It was intially intended for a female Revan to be able to romance her, but BW cut that out, so Juhani could only express her feelings. It doesn't matter than Revan is canonically male, the fact remains Juhani IS lesbian.

Should SGRs be in TOR? Yes, they should. Why shoudn't they be? It only affects your character and his/her companions. If you don't approve of SGRs then don't participate in them, nobody is forcing you to. You will never know who is romancing which companion unless they shout it from the rafters or you get nosy and ask. This is also content people want because, gasp, they might be roleplayerrs and actually want to have a real RP aspect to their character's love interest.

This is a great and well thought out post, I whole heartedly agree with it.

Guys. the fastest way to get this thread taken off and not taken seriously is to start nitpicking about religeon and polotics. let's get back on the topic of

" We were told SGR were coming, but that was X time ago. A lot has changed, we want feedback and updates please"

Guys. the fastest way to get this thread taken off and not taken seriously is to start nitpicking about religeon and polotics. let's get back on the topic of

Unfortunately for those of us interested in this topic: that was the point, a few of the people against this are trying to sabotage it by derailing the thread.

" We were told SGR were coming, but that was X time ago. A lot has changed, we want feedback and updates please"

Yep, I'm one of the derailers. Sometimes I get way too carried out by conversation. I love arguing constructively and sometimes I go derailed in no time. It's not intensional though. Apologies... ;)

God i hope not. I dont want to sound like an homophobe or anything but thats the last thing i want them to work on.

We will barely have any other content then wz/ops/event so id rather they work on something everyone will enjoy.

you would enjoy another raid to be plowed through and then abandoned as obsolete or another warzone to be run a miilion times?

• Dev Post

Hello everyone.

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of this topic here.

Additionally, we have had to remove several posts in this thread for inappropriate content and rudeness. We wish to ensure a safe, friendly environment for our online community. When posting, please remember to remain respectful and within the guidelines of the Rules of Conduct.

Thanks!