Same Gender Romances Still in the Works?

SteppeMerc

I have no issues with giving people more options in the companions romances. I appreciate some would like it to be subtle rather than compulsory.

Good luck all, from the number of people asking for this, it does need to be looked at.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Mako flirted with my BH was she throwing something in my face because I missed that part lol. :rolleyes: Also I know what DA2 is because I couldn't bring myself to finish the first one it was so boring.

Didn't get that far on BH yet, but yes if you didn't initiate it then I could understand some having an issue with it. In fact now that you mention it I do seem to remember Kaliyo propositioning my Operative without him having given her any flirts. That too I feel should have been player initiated (and don't even try the 'realism' argument lol). Keep it player initiated and noone has a reason for concern.

Agreed. And a well done romance can be a great story enhancer. But both sides (three if you count the ones who don't want ANY romance) should be considered and treated fairly (which if they're clearly marked as you say should make it so).

Yep. I personally don't care about romance in games and also as a Sith I like the cold bloodied revenger etc. But I think all three options should be there.

My sub is up in 10 days so they won't be getting anymore of my money. If crossing the line is being intolerant of homophobia then that's a line I proudly cross.

I also find the fact that it can't be discussed without it being reported just because of the topic sad.

Homophobia? Really? Where are you getting that?

Didn't get that far on BH yet, but yes if you didn't initiate it then I could understand some having an issue with it. In fact now that you mention it I do seem to remember Kaliyo propositioning my Operative without him having given her any flirts. That too I feel should have been player initiated (and don't even try the 'realism' argument lol). Keep it player initiated and noone has a reason for concern.

Doc hits on the female JK pretty readily. But there are humorous options for slapping him down so I was fine with that. To be honest while I can certainly see the argument for concern I'm far less concerned about NPC-initiated interest than I am about people hitting on NPCs without realising they're about to do so because someone forgot to put the [Flirt] tag on the dialogue option.

Doc hits on the female JK pretty readily. But there are humorous options for slapping him down so I was fine with that. To be honest while I can certainly see the argument for concern I'm far less concerned about NPC-initiated interest than I am about people hitting on NPCs without realising they're about to do so because someone forgot to put the [Flirt] tag on the dialogue option.

No arguments here :) I also think it's worth keeping in mind that as an MMO you can't reload a save game to correct a mistake either.

Search the forum rules for Duplicate threads...:rolleyes:

And yet if Bioware were willing to give us an answer in the matter's primary discussion thread people probably wouldn't feel the need to start new threads.

I think the thread WILL get shut down, definitely, and probably with nothing more than the usual 'No talking about morality and religion and politics, go to the right thread to discuss this shiz' response, but I think people will keep breaking the duplicate thread rule (on a range of topics, not just this one) if Bioware stays silent on so many issues the playerbase want to know about.

Edited by Kioma

And yet if Bioware were willing to give us an answer in the matter's primary discussion thread people probably wouldn't feel the need to start new threads.

I think the thread WILL get shut down, definitely, and probably with nothing more than the usual 'No talking about morality and religion and politics, go to the right thread to discuss this shiz' response, but I think people will keep breaking the duplicate thread rule (on a range of topics, not just this one) if Bioware stays silent on so many issues the playerbase want to know about.

Oh I understand. The person I was responding to was trollishly trying to make something of my motives for reporting this thread that wasn't there. I definitely understand people wanting more info on this topic.

As pointed out, this thread will likely be closed, but while it's here I'd like to add my support for getting more information. Even a confirmation that information from earlier this year still holds true would be better than vague statements that -may- mean that and endless redirects to a thread that gets no response from devs or CMs.

As pointed out, this thread will likely be closed, but while it's here I'd like to add my support for getting more information. Even a confirmation that information from earlier this year still holds true would be better than vague statements that -may- mean that and endless redirects to a thread that gets no response from devs or CMs.

Or even, as a worst-case scenario, someone from the Community Team telling us, 'Well, we asked but the devs won't tell us what's going on with it,' would be better than this damnable silence.

Or even, as a worst-case scenario, someone from the Community Team telling us, 'Well, we asked but the devs won't tell us what's going on with it,' would be better than this damnable silence.

Agreed. At least then we'd know the question is being asked.

Oh I understand. The person I was responding to was trollishly trying to make something of my motives for reporting this thread that wasn't there. I definitely understand people wanting more info on this topic.

The easiest fix for this whole situation is to remove romance in any form completely from the game.

Then, it leaves two extremely clear options:

1) Those that care about the romances, whether male/female, male/male or female/female, will simply quit playing the game.

OR

2) Those that GENUINELY care about the romances in the game will RP the relationships, straight or homosexual, within the game.

The easiest fix for this whole situation is to remove romance in any form completely from the game.

That's not a fix, it's a termination of existing features. By that logic it'd be easy to 'fix' class balance by taking out everyone's class abilities.

I do hope we hear some good news soon about SGRA, as of now I got two 50 level characters just farming credits while waiting for the time when I can play the other classes with SGRA content. The farmings gonna get old someday and there's other games that I can spend my subscription money on that do offer SGRA from the get go.