scoundrel healer

numore

Hey guys!

I am a scoundrel healer of the fatman. I was wondering about the expertise and the healing done. I want to know if its necesary for a healer to get as much expertise as possible, meaning 1322, or we can sacrifice some expertise like 60 or 100, that reduces only in 1% the healing and damage reduction. I dont know how much this 1% will be affect my survivality and the healing output, because we also have a increase of cunning and endurance, that also increases the output and survivality.

I would appreciate all the help you can give me regarding this issue.

Choucita

NOTE: This is from my own knowledge of mechanics and testing. All my values are ESTIMATES from memory, seeing as though I'm not at home right now.

Switching just belt and bracers to PvE armorings you will lose 80 expertise. This equates to about .6% damage reduction and .5% healing boost.

With the PvE armorings you will gain somewhere between 15-20 bonus healing and around 700 health vs. war hero.

Tradeoff

War Hero - - - - - - - PvE

.6% mitigation - - - - 700 health

.5% healing - - - - - - 15 bonus healing

Mitigation vs. Health

Let's say the average fully geared healer has 20k health for a nice round number. Over a period of time taking 20k damage (effictively would kill you) expertise would mitigate .6% or 120 damage. The extra 700 health in your pool would be much better.

Obviously you would be getting heals / healing yourself though. The 700 extra health only helps you one time in a sense, whereas the mitigation keeps helping you each time you recieve a heal, then take more damage.

So for expertise to outwiegh the sheer 700 extra health, you would have to heal through about 5.8 lives worth of health... or 117k damage. I personally think the health pool is better. Especially considering that burst is the name of the game, and the 700 health is over 5 times better in a single burst rotation survival scenario.

Of course there are other factors... but that's my theory on it in a nutshell.

Healing boost vs. Bonus healing

The only theorycrafting I can do on this is to think that the average fully geared healers bonus healing is somewhere around 700 give or take. Expertise would give you a .5% overally healing bonus, whereas your 15-20 bonus healing would give you just that... bonus healing.

I havn't tested which would actually give better healing overall. I suspect the bonus healing would be slightly ahead, but either way I think it would be close.

My Opinion

Losing 80 expertise by getting PvE belt and bracers is the best way to go. I would not switch out any armorings in the rest of your gear tho... as I think the PvP belt and bracers are the weakest parts in comparison to their PvE counterparts. You need to at least get the Grade 25 Armorings for it to be worth it IMO, ideally the Grade 26's if you can afford them.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

I go full expertise and typically heal as much if not more than those using the top tier pve armoring with the belts and bracers; I personally like the bonus to healing in pvp which works against trauma, before accounting for bonus healing etc. It's not going to be a huge deal either way, IMHO. Edited by unixbomber

Id say orange belt bracer with high skill armoring 26 the campaign one and then using the high power mod for the both of them so the belt would give 30 expertise still and you get the better mod in them and the overall stat gain from the armoring is better than the normal purple belt imo you will end up with like i think 1270 expertise? 1240? something like that. but if you dont have the resources to get the armoring you can use the purple and see only a small differnce if you even can notice it but if u can get i would say go for the orange.

I am a Operative healer and my Expertise is atm 1247, i traded my WH belt and Bracers for a orange one, put in a Advanced Skill Armoring 25 ( Because im broke) and bought 2 extra war hero helmets due to the fact this mod has 64 Cunning.

I heard that this softcap is somenear 1200-1250 so, id say dont go full PVE on bracers and belt keep a WH mod for the +30 Expertise

EDIT: If im right with Augment my bracers and belt have 140 Cunning

Edited by Masarko