SWTOR anime anyone?

Timarick

i'm not really a fan of anime at all, which is a bit strange as i am a fan of Japanese culture. and i do see advantages of making star wars in non film format. jedi's and sith ability's transferring well to a cartoony versions (or books where they live quite happily)

but i hope if we do get a star wars cartoons its CGI and not anime

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wrong on my Avatar numbers, I just realized that. You could be right about how much it would cost, but I highly doubt EA spent a third of TOR's budget on three trailers.

"final fantasy spirits within" a full length CGI feature film is the single biggest loss sony has ever made on anything, when sony invested in on squares enix's doomed project. 137million to make and grossed 85 million. there is huge risk in CGI

but i still think CGI would be better than anime

Edited by grandmthethird

"final fantasy spirits within" a full length CGI feature film is the single biggest loss sony has ever made on anything, when sony invested in on squares enix's doomed project. 137million to make and grossed 85 million. there is huge risk in CGI

but i still think CGI would be better than anime

So do I. Not only does the art style not fit the IP, but for the most part, anime just tends to be stupid (in my opinion).

Dソッリス - マローダ - 50 || ベッライアル - ガーヂアン -28

ヴァーシュ - アッサッシン - 14 || エイシアー - タルーパ - 9

Let me fix your sig for ya.

-- You wrote your Guardian as "Gaajan" when Japs write this as "Gaadian". (DI - De + I below it)

-- You wrote Assassin as how it is spelled "Assasshin" (which doesn't sync with the stress applied on the english word) TIP: you write Katakana as how it is pronounced, not spelled. It should be "Asaashin".

-- You wrote Trooper as "Taruupa" when it should be "Toruupaa".

There :)

Ok I think the majority of you are just hating it because it HAS never been done before. Everyone fears the unknown and immediately think it's going to die a horrible death. You have seen what TCW has done and what TOR has already done and based on established channels are confident in CGI. But anime is a whole other ballgame. Just like everything before you, you are clearly establishing the ability to take a dump on a concept without actually shifting perception. Superhero movies are great examples. They see the suit? If it's even slightly off from the original source material, it sucks. Film comes out, they love it and suck its dick til the end. Hypocritical as it is, there is a lot of that going around.

I personally would like to see it from an anime perspective because a lot of Star Wars is already based in Japanese culture, especially the Jedi. the animation style is perfectly suited for depicting the more outlandish aspects to the Force, and anime does exaggeration and combat-for-drama better than anything and everything else out there. But aside from that, Japanese storytelling is many times introspection in the face of a grand scale. Gundam is a good example of this. So the often personal tales of the Jedi or Sith would fit perfectly and quite beautifully in this style because it already fits in with what anime already does. Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

Ok I think the majority of you are just hating it because it HAS never been done before. Everyone fears the unknown and immediately think it's going to die a horrible death. You have seen what TCW has done and what TOR has already done and based on established channels are confident in CGI. But anime is a whole other ballgame. Just like everything before you, you are clearly establishing the ability to take a dump on a concept without actually shifting perception. Superhero movies are great examples. They see the suit? If it's even slightly off from the original source material, it sucks. Film comes out, they love it and suck its dick til the end. Hypocritical as it is, there is a lot of that going around.

I personally would like to see it from an anime perspective because a lot of Star Wars is already based in Japanese culture, especially the Jedi. the animation style is perfectly suited for depicting the more outlandish aspects to the Force, and anime does exaggeration and combat-for-drama better than anything and everything else out there. But aside from that, Japanese storytelling is many times introspection in the face of a grand scale. Gundam is a good example of this. So the often personal tales of the Jedi or Sith would fit perfectly and quite beautifully in this style because it already fits in with what anime already does. Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

I'm not hating it because its never been done before, I'm disliking it because I don't believe the art style fits the Star Wars IP at all, and generally, Anime tends to be really, really bad. At least in my opinion.

while CGI looks so good. anything else will just look childish

I gotta agree. The technology level for CGI is so much better these days than it has ever been, I honestly wouldn't expect anything else from Lucas Arts, especially with George's (completely justified) love for CGI. Just look at the TOR trailers, that's the level (and better now since tech has advanced) that its operating at. Hell, Frostbite 2.0 and the 1313 game's graphic engines are almost on the same level. Its just astounding at what you can do with CGI these days. Just imagine if he'd waited until 2011 to do the Prequels, the CGI-Live Action actors would have been absolutely seamless.

Now I know that Clone Wars is in full swing (and is *********** awesome!!!! *Jedi Mind Trick* You will watch Clone Wars!), but I've been thinking over the past few days that SWTOR is an allegory to Star Wars' medieval and feudal Japanese eras. What's even more interesting is that much of Star Wars, George Lucas' based on Akira Kurasowa movies and the Jedi in turn are based very heavily on Samurai. With a growing love and emulation of Japanese traditions, doesn't it seem fitting if a tv show was created to bring it back home?

Now follow me on this here but BioWare has set this very nice canon of the events 300 years after KOTOR, right? Well from the cutscenes depict, it shows an era that is the one directly before the gameplay's start point, which really has my ears perked up. Who are these characters? What were they like before they became these people we interact with? Satele seems like a kind of strong willed woman and Malgus as well being a ****** with a code of honor despite being evil to the core. But sadly we only know so much from books and so forth. With reading gone all but to the wayside thanks to the advent of video games, it's clear many do not know anything about the Expanded Universe. What better way than to introduce it in a fresh way that hasn't (exactly) been done before?

Anime allows for exaggeration and great animation of things that games or American animation (sorry guys on Clone Wars!!!) as well as pacing that would be fantastic for stories like Star Wars. From intergalactic battles on such huge scales, but even more so on the personal battles between one's light and darkness. Metaphors common of many an anime. And with anime brings it a whole new audience. A lot of anime fans I've spoken to either casually know Star Wars or dislike it, and those that like it got into it through the KOTOR franchise, which is so far gone from the movies it's practically its own thing.

There have been rumblings for producers to do SOMETHING based in the Old Republic era, well, why not do it in a method that Star Wars (surprisingly) hasn't and bring in Japanese writers and artists and give them a spin at the wheels? With the gameplay giving us only windows and glimpses into the events prior to the game, there is tons of gap to be filled. It would be a great opportunity to further impress the Expanded Universe onto casual viewers and get a new audience to target as well as us who have been enraptured with the galaxy far, far, away.

Agree or Disagree? It's been a while since I've seen a fair and evenly weighed conversation on pros and cons. It'd be nice to see that. We're (mostly) adults here, right?

Anyone in the belief that The Clone Wars currently poisoning the minds of children and adults alike is 'awesome' is quite unfit to walk outside unassisted, but to even suggest anime- which is the final and utter degradation of dignity and refined class- is complete, unmistakeable madness.

And the Star Wars setting more resembles ancient Rome. Specifically the fall of the Roman Republic and the rise of the Roman Empire. Let's just leave Japan and it's nonsensical nonsense...over in the eastern world.

Edited by caesaraugust

while CGI looks so good. anything else will just look childish

Art style isn't the same thing as how it's made.

TCW is CGI, just like all three TOR trailers/cinematics, but they have distinctively different art styles.

Anyone in the belief that The Clone Wars currently poisoning the minds of children and adults alike is 'awesome' is quite unfit to walk outside unassisted

One could say the same about anyone who believes that a cartoon is poisoning the minds of children and adults alike...

Edited by Fyurii

Jedi being based on loosely on Samurai does not equal "anime good" because Samurai are Japanese. Lucas based Star Wars partly on Kurosawa, who didn't make any anime features, and himself was influenced by Western thinking in post war occupied Japan.

Art style isn't the same thing as how it's made.

TCW is CGI, just like all three TOR trailers/cinematics, but they have distinctively different art styles.

One could say the same about anyone who believes that a cartoon is poisoning the minds of children and adults alike...

Peaceful Mandalorians. Ahsoka Tano as Skywalker's Padawan. Darth Maul's ludicrous return to life. General Grievous's overplayed venality. Asajj Ventress being altered from Rattataki to Dathomiri. Anakin Skywalker. Jar Jar Binks's asinine continuing appearances.

All I'm saying is that the Clone Wars really degrades Star Wars...now it does have its awesome moments, primarily when they leave Anakin out of it entirely. The clones are very cool, as are the background Jedi brought into the limelight. The rest of it is pure bolshevik.

its estimated BW paid around 35 mill for the 16 min of animation blur has done for them

toy story 3 cost 200mill Running time 91 minutes

monsters inc 115 million Running time 92 minutes

bee movie $115 million Running time 91 minutes

shrek 4 $135–$165 million Running time 92 minutes

do some reserch before you run your mouth mate

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6m0CknwfA look at the processing power needed plus the talent need to make them then you understand why

EDIT 2: how could i forget avatar $237 million $9 million+ (re-release) 162 minutes 171 minutes (re-release)

Have you accounted for voice acting, the cost for the studio, animation, and payment of the crew? The cost to rect a studio is probably the most you're going to pay out if I'm not mistaken. That would be followed by paying voice actors and the crew. The animation is not as costly as you might think.

Have you accounted for voice acting, the cost for the studio, animation, and payment of the crew? The cost to rect a studio is probably the most you're going to pay out if I'm not mistaken. That would be followed by paying voice actors and the crew. The animation is not as costly as you might think.

I just ran across a little nugget of trivia in the special features for Bee Movie - they used 5,000 cores - presumably, this means their rendering farm had 2500 dual-core AMD Opteron processors. (Or maybe 1250 quad-core? They didn't get into much detail.)

They also said that the first Shrek movie consumed 5 million processing hours. Shrek 2 ate up 10 million hours and Shrek 3 took 20 million hours. Bee Movie needed 23 million hours.

The first Shrek came out in 2001 - is there any neat way to convert 2001's processor speeds to 2007's speeds? If I'm using Moore's Law in the right way, Bee Movie would have required roughly 125 million hours to render in 2001. Sound about right?

you might want to rethink that

I just ran across a little nugget of trivia in the special features for Bee Movie - they used 5,000 cores - presumably, this means their rendering farm had 2500 dual-core AMD Opteron processors. (Or maybe 1250 quad-core? They didn't get into much detail.)

They also said that the first Shrek movie consumed 5 million processing hours. Shrek 2 ate up 10 million hours and Shrek 3 took 20 million hours. Bee Movie needed 23 million hours.

The first Shrek came out in 2001 - is there any neat way to convert 2001's processor speeds to 2007's speeds? If I'm using Moore's Law in the right way, Bee Movie would have required roughly 125 million hours to render in 2001. Sound about right?

you might want to rethink that

I was about to edit my post asking if those numbers were strictly the animation portion. If they are, I would believe you. But if not, then my points would be correct. I believe voice actors are paid a hefty sum for their part in the project so take it as you will.

I was about to edit my post asking if those numbers were strictly the animation portion. If they are, I would believe you. But if not, then my points would be correct. I believe voice actors are paid a hefty sum for their part in the project so take it as you will.

those figures where total spent for the film to be made

Well then that includes all of my points. If you could find the figures for the animation portion, then I would believe you.

did we forget this game has voice actors are you ready this is a big list

Cast (in credits order)

Tom Spackman ... Bounty Hunter Male (voice)

Grey DeLisle ... Bounty Hunter Female (voice)

Bertie Carvel ... Imperial Agent Male (voice)

Jo Wyatt ... Imperial Agent Female (voice)

David Hayter ... Jedi Knight Male (voice)

Kari Wahlgren ... Female Jedi Knight (voice)

Nolan North ... Jedi Consular Male (voice)

Athena Karkanis ... Jedi Consular Female (voice)

Euan Morton ... Sith Inquisitor Male (voice)

Xanthe Elbrick ... Sith Inquisitor Female (voice)

Mark Bazeley ... Sith Warrior Male (voice)

Natasha Little ... Sith Warrior Female (voice)

Maury Sterling ... Smuggler Male (voice)

Kath Soucie ... Smuggler Female (voice)

Brian Bloom ... Trooper Male (voice)

Jennifer Hale ... Republic Trooper Female / Master Satele Shan (voice)

Jamie Glover ... Darth Malgus (voice)

Stacy Haiduk ... Akaavi Spar (voice)

Steve Blum ... Andronikos Revel / Baron Deathmark (voice)

Timothy Omundson ... Aric Jorgan (voice)

Azura Skye ... Ashara Zavros (voice)

Troy Hall ... Corso Riggs (voice)

Andrew Bowen ... Doc (voice)

Anthony Cochrane ... Doctor Lokin (voice)

Moira Quirk ... Elara Dorne (voice)

Georgia Van Cuylenburg ... Ensign Raina Temple (voice)

Dion Graham ... Felix Iresso (voice)

Daran Norris ... Gault Rennow (voice)

Gary Schwartz ... Guss Tuno (voice)

Kristoffer Tabori ... HK-47 / HK-51 (voice)

Rachael Leigh Cook ... Jaesa Willsaam (voice)

Tasia Valenza ... Kaliyo Djannis (voice)

Laura Bailey ... Kira Carsen (voice)

Adam Leadbeater ... Lieutenant Pierce (voice)

Joseph Gatt ... Lord Scourge (voice)

Jen Cohn ... Lord Zash (voice)

Edward Hibbert ... Lt. Talos Drellik (voice)

Tom Kane ... M1-4X / Narlock (voice)

Lacey Chabert ... Mako (voice)

Richard Teverson ... Malavai Quinn (voice)

Holly Fields ... Nadia (voice)

Tara Strong ... Risha / Holiday (voice)

Deborah Kara Unger ... SCORPIO (voice)

Neil Kaplan ... Skadge (voice)

David Anthony Pizzuto ... Tanno Vik, Sedyn Kyne (voice)

Jamie Elman ... Theran Cedrax (voice)

Johnny Yong Bosch ... Torian Cadera (voice)

Ifan Meredith ... Vector Hyllus (voice)

Catherine Taber ... Vette / Princess (voice)

Tony Armatrading ... Xalek (voice)

Troy Baker ... Zenith (voice)

Dude Walker ... Ardun Kothe / Security Officer Stansun (voice)

Victor Slezak ... Bengel Morr (voice)

Norm Woodel ... Braden (voice)

Michael Gregory ... Nomen Karr (voice)

Jim McCance ... Darth Baras (voice)

Stephen Rashbrook ... Darth Jadus (voice)

Jeff Bennett ... Darth Revan (voice)

Kate Weiman ... General Garza (voice)

Timothy Watson ... General Rakton / Overseer Harkun (voice)

Maurice LaMarche ... General Var Suthra (voice)

Kevin Michael Richardson ... Jace Malcom (voice)

Francis Guinan ... Keeper (voice)

Robert Pine ... Master Orgus Din (voice)

Olivia Hussey ... Master Yuon Par (voice)

James Urbaniak ... Needles (voice)

Paul Darrow ... Overseer Tremel (voice)

Doug Bradley ... The Emperor (voice)

Mary Stockley ... Watcher Two (voice)

Adam Howden ... Additional Voices (voice)

Adam Sietz ... Additional Voices (voice)

Adrienne Wilkinson ... Gianna (voice)

Alan Fudge ... Additional Voices (voice)

Alan Shearman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Alec Newman ... (voice)

Alex Fernandez ... Dr. Addy Ingrol / Droid Dr Rep Vendor / Droid Male Assassin Republic / Droid Trainer Republic / Harvester 2 / Mandalorian / Mandalorian 1 / Medic / Militia / NK-33 Droid / Officer / P-2XN / Patron 2 / Pilot / Prison Guard / Prisoner - Killer Kateo / Protocol Droid / Reactor Vault Interface / Refugee 2 / Republic Shuttle Pilot / Republic Squad Leader / Republic Ambassador / Republic Officer / Republic Prisoner / Republic Soldier 1 / Republic Trooper 2 / Resistance Prisoner / Retrieval Sargeant / Rickard Organa / Scientist 1 / Scorpio / Senator Sydia Bodyguard / Sernipidal Colonist / Settler 1 / Shar-Da / Shuttle Operator / Sith Acolyte / Slave 2 / Slicer 2 / Smuggler / Soldier 1 / Soldier 2 / Spaceport Official / Stranded Soldier / Third Voss Commando / Transport Driver / Trobec / Velan-Raz / Velasu Graege / Viray (voice)

Ali Hillis ... (voice)

Amelia Jackson-Gray ... Daria Thul / Corrin / Maro Vizhen (voice)

Andrew Bridgmont ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Andrew Bridgemont)

Angel Parker ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ann Christine ... Additional Voices (voice)

Annie Silver ... Twi'lek Warrior / Communications Officer Sola (voice)

April Stewart ... Additional Voices (voice)

Armand Schultz ... Additional Voices (voice)

Armin Shimerman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ashley Albert ... Additional Voices (voice)

Bianca Lawson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Bill Lobley ... Additional Voices (voice)

Bo Foxworth ... Additional Voices (voice)

Bob Bergen ... Additional Voices (voice)

Brandi Burkhardt ... Additional Voices (voice)

Brandon Acri ... Additional Voices (voice)

Brandon Johnson ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Brandon Andrew Johnson)

Brian Bowles ... Additional Voices (voice)

Brian George ... Additional Voices (voice)

Brian Gross ... Additional Voices (voice)

Bumper Robinson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Burn Gorman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Calum Grant ... Additional Voices (voice)

Cam Clarke ... Additional Voices (voice)

Catherine Zambri ... Additional Voices (voice)

Charles Dennis ... Additional Voices (voice)

Charles Halford ... Additional Voices (voice)

Chris Cox ... Additional Voices (voice)

Christopher Godwin ... Additional Voices (voice)

Chris Middleton ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Christopher Middleton)

Christopher Neame ... Additional Voices (voice)

Cindy Robinson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Clive Revill ... Additional Voices (voice)

Corey Burton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Cornell Womack ... Additional Voices (voice)

Corri English ... Additional Voices (voice)

Courtenay Taylor ... (voice)

Craig Baldwin ... Additional Voices (voice)

Crista Flanagan ... Additional Voices (voice)

D.C. Douglas ... Lekk-Ji / Kal Bedo / Bosann Lor'kor / Zarik / Revanite Travel Droid (voice)

Dan Milano ... Additional Voices (voice)

Daniel Riordan ... Additional Voices (voice)

Denny Delk ... Additional Voices (voice)

Darragh O'Farrell ... Additional Voices (voice)

Darren Richardson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dave B. Mitchell ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dave Lamb ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dave Wittenberg ... Additional Voices (voice)

David Andriole ... Additional Voices (voice)

David Kaye ... Additional Voices (voice)

David Lodge ... Additional Voices (voice)

David Markus ... Additional Voices (voice)

David Rintoul ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dee Bradley Baker ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dominic Rickhards ... Additional Voices (voice)

Don Leslie ... Additional Voices (voice)

Don McCorkindale ... Additional Voices (voice)

Dotan Baer ... Additional Voices (voice)

Edita Brychta ... Additional Voices (voice)

Eduardo Roman ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Eduardo Idunate)

Elia Saldana ... Additional Voices (voice)

Elliot Cowan ... Additional Voices (voice)

Emily Bergl ... Additional Voices (voice)

Erik McDowell ... Jaxx / Bengel Morr / Jex (voice)

Eric Nelsen ... Viyo Kobbeth / Ensign Farn / Paul (voice)

Erin Beers ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Erin Cahill)

Erin Torpey ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ève Karpf ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ewan Bailey ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ezra Godden ... Additional Voices (voice)

Fay Masterson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Fred Tatasciore ... Additional Voices (voice)

Gary Martin ... Additional Voices (voice)

Geoff Pierson ... Additional Voices (voice)

George Coe ... Jedi Master Gnost-Dural (voice)

George Newbern ... Additional Voices (voice) (as George Newburn)

Gideon Emery ... Captain Revar / Tobin Harlan / Abdan Sho / Alek Teral / Cavill Arin / Comms Officer Jule / Lokir-Ka / Peyton Swole / Sadoll / The Argent Serpent / W6-S4 / Captain Winborn / Colonel Hunt / Narvurin / Spice Trader (voice)

Gildart Jackson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Graham McTavish ... Additional Voices (voice)

Greg Ellis ... Additional Voices (voice)

Gregg Berger ... Additional Voices (voice)

Gus Gallagher ... Additional Voices (voice)

Harry Van Gorkum ... Additional Voices (voice)

Heather Hogan ... Additional Voices (voice)

Hedy Burress ... Additional Voices (voice)

Holter Graham ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ivan Kaye ... Additional Voices (voice)

J. Grant Albrecht ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jake Robards ... Additional Voices (voice)

James Vincent Meredith ... Additional Voices (voice) (as James Meredith)

James Russo ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jamie Alcroft ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jamie Bamber ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jarion Monroe ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jason Harris ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jason Marsden ... Additional Voices (voice)

JB Blanc ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jeb Brown ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jen Taylor ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jeremy Schwartz ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jerry Hauck ... Director Rigel (voice)

James M. Connor ... Darmas Pollaran (voice) (as Jim Connor)

Jim Conroy ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jim Cummings ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jim Ward ... Additional Voices (voice)

Joe Nunez ... Additional Voices (voice)

John Garry ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jon Curry ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jonathan Cake ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jonathan Davis ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jonathan Keeble ... Additional Voices (voice)

Jonathan Kydd ... Additional Voices (voice)

Joseph Millson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Josh Cohen ... Additional Voices (voice)

Josh Keaton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julian Holloway ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julian Sands ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julian Stone ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julian Wadham ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julianne Buescher ... Additional Voices (voice)

Julianne Grossman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Juliet Landau ... (voice)

Justin Alston ... Additional Voices (voice)

Karen Strassman ... (voice)

Kate Higgins ... Additional Voices (voice)

Keith Szarabajka ... Additional Voices (voice)

Kenneth Danziger ... Additional Voices (voice)

Khary Payton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Kiff VandenHeuvel ... Skavak (voice) (as Kiff Vanden Heuvel)

Kirk Thornton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Kosha Engler ... Additional Voices (voice)

Kyle Hebert ... Additional Voices (voice)

Laraine Newman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Larry Cedar ... Additional Voices (voice)

Leif Riddell ... Additional Voices (voice)

Leigh-Allyn Baker ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Leigh Allyn Baker)

Lex Lang ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lloyd Floyd ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lloyd Owen ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lola Glaudini ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lorri Holt ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Lori Holt)

Lorraine Newman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lucy Robinson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Lydia Leonard ... Additional Voices (voice)

Malcolm Sinclair ... Additional Voices (voice)

Manish Dayal ... Additional Voices (voice)

Maria Darling ... Additional Voices (voice)

Marie Westbrook ... Sergeant Jaxo (voice)

Mark Hildreth ... Additional Voices (voice)

Mark Lewis Jones ... Additional Voices (voice)

Mark Moseley ... Additional Voices (voice)

Martin Jarvis ... Additional Voices (voice)

Matt Servitto ... Additional Voices (voice)

Matthew Ashforde ... Additional Voices (voice)

Matthew Labyorteaux ... Additional Voices (voice)

Matthew Piazzi ... Additional Voices (voice)

Matthew Wolf ... Additional Voices (voice)

Melanie Minichino ... Additional Voices (voice)

Michael Beattie ... Additional Voices (voice)

Michael Benyaer ... Additional Voices (voice)

Michael Harney ... Additional Voices (voice)

Michael Massee ... Additional Voices (voice)

Michelle Bonilla ... Huttese Alien / Nautolan Alien / Ortolan Alien (voice)

Miles Anderson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Miriam Flynn ... Additional Voices (voice)

Montego Glover ... Additional Voices (voice)

Nan McNamara ... Additional Voices (voice)

Nancy Linari ... Additional Voices (voice)

Neil Dickson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Neil Ross ... Additional Voices (voice)

Nicholas Boulton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Nick Jameson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Nika Futterman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Orion Kellogg ... Additional Voices (voice)

Patrick Gorman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Paul Eiding ... Additional Voices (voice)

Peter Lavin ... Additional Voices (voice)

Peter Lurie ... Additional Voices (voice)

Peter Renaday ... Additional Voices (voice)

Phil LaMarr ... Additional Voices (voice)

Phil Proctor ... Additional Voices (voice)

Pierce Cravens ... Additional Voices (voice)

Quinton Flynn ... Hunter (voice)

R. Brandon Johnson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ralph Gunderman ... Additional Voices (voice)

Rebecca Soler ... Additional Voices (voice)

Reno Wilson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Richard Doyle ... Additional Voices (voice)

Richard Epcar ... Additional Voices (voice)

Richard Laing ... Additional Voices (voice)

Richard Ridings ... Additional Voices (voice)

Rob Rackstraw ... Additional Voices (voice)

Robert Clotworthy ... Senator Evran / Supreme Chancellor (voice)

Robin Atkin Downes ... Additional Voices (voice)

Roger Craig Smith ... Additional Voices (voice)

Roger Jackson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ron Bottitta ... Commander Calum / The Voidwolf / Dolgis / Denova / Lt. Ganev (voice)

Rozi Baker ... Additional Voices (voice)

Rupert Degas ... Additional Voices (voice)

Ryan Kitley ... Additional Voices (voice)

Salli Saffioti ... Additional Voices (voice)

Sally Clawson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Sara Mornell ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Sarah Mornell)

Scott McShane ... Additional Voices (voice)

Scott Whyte ... Additional Voices (voice)

Sherman Howard ... Additional Voices (voice)

Simon Chadwick ... Additional Voices (voice)

Simon Templeman ... General Threnoldt (voice)

Stark Sands ... Additional Voices (voice)

Stephen Critchlow ... Additional Voices (voice)

Steven Brand ... Additional Voices (voice)

Stuart Organ ... Additional Voices (voice)

Susan Boyd ... Additional Voices (voice) (as Susan Boyd Joyce)

Thomas F. Wilson ... Additional Voices (voice)

Tim Bentinck ... Additional Voices (voice)

Tinsel Korey ... Additional Voices (voice)

Toby Kebbell ... Watcher Three (voice)

Todd Cummings ... Additional Voices (voice)

Tom Chantler ... Additional Voices (voice)

Travis Willingham ... Additional Voices (voice)

Vanessa Marshall ... Additional Voices (voice)

Victoria Gay ... Additional Voices (voice)

Victoria Hamilton ... Additional Voices (voice)

Vyvan Pham ... Additional Voices (voice)

Wayne Grace ... Additional Voices (voice)

Will Beckman ... Additional Voices (voice)

William Bassett ... Additional Voices (voice)

Yuri Lowenthal ... Additional Voices (voice)

Zach Hanks ... Captain Marshall / Carteri / Caspar Knowles / Gen Vizsca / Jomar Chul / Nikollan Kord / Nivi-sec / Republic Captain / Sedni Maruk / Sergeant Rossiker (voice)

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Sno E. Blac ... Satele Shan (voice) (uncredited)

Michael Bower ... (voice) (uncredited)

Pat Duke ... Captain (voice) (uncredited)

Barry Ellis ... (voice) (uncredited)

Stephen T. Johnson ... Jedi Knight (voice) (uncredited)

Colleen O'Shaughnessey ... Additional Voices (voice) (uncredited)

Stephen Oyoung ... Zabrak Jedi (voice) (uncredited)

now heres the cast for bee movie (just trying to make it stand out so you can see the split)

Jerry Seinfeld ... Barry B. Benson (voice)

Renée Zellweger ... Vanessa Bloome (voice)

Matthew Broderick ... Adam Flayman (voice)

Patrick Warburton ... Ken (voice)

John Goodman ... Layton T. Montgomery (voice)

Chris Rock ... Mooseblood (voice)

Kathy Bates ... Janet Benson (voice)

Barry Levinson ... Martin Benson (voice)

Larry King ... Bee Larry King (voice)

Ray Liotta ... Ray Liotta (voice)

Sting ... Sting (voice)

Oprah Winfrey ... Judge Bumbleton (voice)

Larry Miller ... Buzzwell (voice)

Megan Mullally ... Trudy (voice)

Rip Torn ... Lou Lo Duca (voice)

Michael Richards ... Bud Ditchwater (voice)

Mario Joyner ... Jackson (voice)

Jim Cummings ... Title Narrator / Graduation Announcer (voice)

Tom Papa ... Splitz / Klauss Vanderhayden (voice)

Andy Robin ... Jock #2 (voice)

David Moses Pimentel ... Hector (voice) (as David Pimentel)

Chuck Martin ... Andy (voice)

Conrad Vernon ... Freddy (voice)

David Herman ... Buzz / Bob Bumble / Pilot (voice)

Carol Leifer ... Press Person #1 (voice)

Jeff Altman ... Uncle Carl (voice)

Brian Hopkins ... Sandy Shrimpkin / TSA Agent (voice)

Tress MacNeille ... Jeanette Chung / Mother / Cow (voice)

Nathan D. Morrissey ... Boy Crying / Timmy (voice)

Olivia Mattingly ... Little Girl (voice)

Simon J. Smith ... Truck Driver / Chet (voice)

Geoff Witcher ... Press Person #2 / Jock #1 (voice)

John Di Maggio ... Janitor / Bailiff (voice)

Barry Marder ... Waterbug (voice)

Sean Bishop ... Ladybug (voice)

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Robert Jayne ... Bee #4 (uncredited)

Carl Kasell ... Himself (uncredited)

see theres a epic diffrance which one do you think cost more

Edited by liammozz

*snip*

There was really no need to put that entire list. And you still haven't put the numbers for the cost of animation. You can list anything you want, but it doesn't matter until you put the actual cost to create the animation for an animated movie. Now obviously the amount payed out for animation is high by itself, but it will most likely not make the majority of the bill.

Edited by Aurbere

http://www.screened.com/forums/general-discussion/8/why-do-cgi-animated-movies-cost-so-much-money-to-produce/1431/

i think that one clears a lot up

EDIT: i was like haha quoted thats a long page now

So it's not necessarily the animation that costs as much, its paying the people to do it. Glad we have that cleared up.

Now, as to the topic at hand. I believe Lucas is working on a live action series so an anime is probably out. I'm not a big fan of anime, most of the ones I've seen haven't been that good.

That's worse than the holiday special and TCW combined..

did we forget this game has voice actors are you ready this is a big list

*snip*

see theres a epic diffrance which one do you think cost more

Depend on a lot of thing, how much were those actors paid? How much time of recording? Come back with those numbers and that comparison will make sense.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

No. The reason it hasn't been done is because Lucas hates hiring outside help to do things or having to send the work to Japan to be animated the way it's meant to be (that would be "Awesomely" by the way).

Anime doesn't make things bad. Actually, it makes things better. Better than 99% of American animation specialists can hope to compete with. Some of the greatest cartoons of the 70's and 80's were all done by *gasp* Animators in Japan. G.I. Joe, Voltron, Transformers, Thundercats? Yeah, all Anime people. All were Major series with high ratings.

Now, let's do a comparison test. Let's look at the Intro theme for Iron-Man: The Animated series from the 90's -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9g2f8f-ct4

Now, I want you to watch the Iron-Man anime intro that was produced Last year I think it was -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzOmdkqYO9w

Anyone see a difference? I sure do. Anime was WAY better. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the old 90's Marvel series. But you watch the Anime adaptations on G4, and they are Amazingly well done.

Here's another. Take TopCow's comic Witchblade. What did the American industries do with it? Made it into a sub-par movie ->

Know what happened when they adapted it to an anime series? They made this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNk_1i6JL0

The story may be different, but the Anime was very enjoyable and was more than a just "My partner was killed, I'm angry and need revenge". You can dislike anime if you want if it's not your cup of tea, but don't dis it just because you think it's all bad. Most Anime is very, very good. 4Kids and Nick tends to ruin even good things. And Anime tends to give us a lot more than Western series ever do. A number of times, they actually make us Think about things and not just go "pretty colors".

There is one that is among my favorites, and that's Ergo Proxy ->

It was very interesting and made you think, made you wonder what happened to the world, and want to discover the secret of the Proxies. Even wondering who is the real bad guy, if any of them were. I enjoyed it very much, even if it's not a well known series, it's one of my favorites to date. And I've seen Deadman Wonderland and Berserk.

There's also one thing Anime and Manga has that Western comics and such don't have an appreciation for; Finality. There's an End to it. Eventually, these series come to a definitive conclusion. Sometimes they may get a spinoff, but most of the time when they end, they are Done, and the Writer/Creator has moved onto do something else. This is what has allowed the anime/manga industry to progress so rapidly. They aren't stuck on continuing just a few series from each company. There are Dozens or Hundreds of different things in the works every year. From small comic strips to full blown animated features.

Do you know how many anime/manga conventions there are in a Year? More than 200 across the world. How many for Star Wars? Three or four, maybe a few more. But that's it. And that generally mixes with Comicon and such. Anime/Manga is a colossal industry with a monumental fanbase.So, before you dis Anime, you should know that, in terms of numbers, Anime Fans outnumber SW fans 50/1 at least.