Who'd be up for a SWTOR anime?

Timarick

Now I know that Clone Wars is in full swing (and is *********** awesome!!!! *Jedi Mind Trick* You will watch Clone Wars!), but I've been thinking over the past few days that SWTOR is an allegory to Star Wars' medieval and feudal Japanese eras. What's even more interesting is that much of Star Wars, George Lucas' based on Akira Kurasowa movies and the Jedi in turn are based very heavily on Samurai. With a growing love and emulation of Japanese traditions, doesn't it seem fitting if a tv show was created to bring it back home?

Now follow me on this here but BioWare has set this very nice canon of the events 300 years after KOTOR, right? Well from the cutscenes depict, it shows an era that is the one directly before the gameplay's start point, which really has my ears perked up. Who are these characters? What were they like before they became these people we interact with? Satele seems like a kind of strong willed woman and Malgus as well being a ****** with a code of honor despite being evil. But sadly we only know so much from books and so forth. With reading gone all but to the wayside thanks to the advent of video games, it's clear many do not know anything about the Expanded Universe. What better way than to introduce it in a fresh way that hasn't (exactly) been done before?

Anime allows for exaggeration and great animation of things that games or American animation (sorry guys on Clone Wars!!!) as well as pacing that would be fantastic for stories like Star Wars. From intergalactic battles on such huge scales, but even more so on the personal battles between one's light and darkness. Metaphors common of many an anime. And with anime brings it a whole new audience. A lot of anime fans I've spoken to either casually know Star Wars or dislike it, and those that like it got into it through the KOTOR franchise, which is so far gone from the movies it's practically its own thing.

There have been rumblings for producers to do SOMETHING based in the Old Republic era, well, why not do it in a method that Star Wars (surprisingly) hasn't and bring in Japanese writers and artists and give them a spin at the wheels? With the gameplay giving us only windows and glimpses into the events prior to the game, there is tons of gap to be filled. It would be a great opportunity to further impress the Expanded Universe onto casual viewers and get a new audience to target as well as us who have been enraptured with the galaxy far, far, away.

Agree or Disagree? It's been a while since I've seen a fair and evenly weighed conversation on pros and cons. It'd be nice to see that. We're (mostly) adults here, right?

Edited by Timarick

I wouldn't be able to watch star wars anime... Don't take it personally, I just can't stand everyone either being a giant monster or a hot girl.

Then again, that is everyone in this game.

No offense, but it just be to weird for me.

PS- For your comment concerning Satele and Malgus, I disagree, Malgus is not a strong willed woman!

I wouldn't be able to watch star wars anime... Don't take it personally, I just can't stand everyone either being a giant monster or a hot girl.

No offense, but it just be to weird for me.

PS- For your comment concerning Satele and Malgus, I disagree, Malgus is not a strong willed woman!

I probably should edit that, but you got what I mean xD.

But fair enough. But that's kinda what anime is: Exaggeration. It's not supposed to look real (then again neither is this). If it did, I'd be pretty dang bored of it, lol

I know you're being cheeky, but, not all anime is like that. A whole lot of Japanese animation styles you could probably see and not know it was "anime" if it was dubbed well I have watched probably too much anime. :|

Having said that, I don't think I'd want to see TOR in a typical "anime" style, whether it be really Japanese or American animators trying to mimic it, which is usually kind of bad. I'm a big fan of 2D animation in general, but these days it seems like everyone wants to go 3D to be taken seriously.

I'd prefer a western animation based on SWTOR. I like some anime, but Star Wars wouldn't fit the mold very well if done by a real Japanese animation studio due to the way they structure their stories and handle their characters. Again, anime is fine...just not for Star Wars.

Though I personally love anime, I don't think SWTOR would work well in anime style. If they did make an animated version, I'd rather they try to make it look like the intro videos. (Hope, Deceived, ETC)

They'd also have to be careful not to invalidate any of our choices.

I'd prefer a western animation based on SWTOR. I like some anime, but Star Wars wouldn't fit the mold very well if done by a real Japanese animation studio due to the way they structure their stories and handle their characters. Again, anime is fine...just not for Star Wars.

Well then again, Star Wars at its core is in part based on the style of Japanese storytelling. I can honestly see your opinion however, but I don't know. Something just keeps pulling me to see what could come out of it. There is potential for it to be fantastic as much as there is potential for a meltdown, just like with all animation, right?

I know you're being cheeky, but, not all anime is like that. A whole lot of Japanese animation styles you could probably see and not know it was "anime" if it was dubbed well I have watched probably too much anime. :|

Having said that, I don't think I'd want to see TOR in a typical "anime" style, whether it be really Japanese or American animators trying to mimic it, which is usually kind of bad. I'm a big fan of 2D animation in general, but these days it seems like everyone wants to go 3D to be taken seriously.

oh no, i was referencing the fact that bosses in this game are giant monsters, and most people play hot girl avatars. which, coincidentally, is the steriotypical anime.

oh no, i was referencing the fact that bosses in this game are giant monsters, and most people play hot girl avatars. which, coincidentally, is the steriotypical anime.

O_o.....Wha? I'm going to take a wild guess here, you don't watch anime very much/at all do you? Unless we are talking about a fantasy harem anime that stereotype hardly seems accurate.

If they were to do a anime would it have a core group of characters or a story for each class? side note: I like how the Clone wars made the clones more human and the 5 min cartoon shorts that they did years ago was awesome, they made the battles real big in those.:rak_01:

ive been thinkin bout this alot myself i would totally be up for it. just anime art style. for the exaggerated part thats the force unleashed in a nutshell in my opinion. and that worked pretty well (albeit way too short for a game)

force unleashed + anime art style = me very happy :)