Miraluka Head Gear

-Ember-

Is there any particularly good reason Miraluka's can't wear any kind of head gear?

I mean, there is a hide head slot option for the people who dislike how it might look with their mask. And Miraluka's could definitely wear head gear at least in the beta - So why remove it?

Just treat the masks like hair for the full-head veils - or just layer the item on top and look ugly, I don't care.

I didn't choose something that covers my entire head because i wanted to wear helmets and hats and such.

Is this ever going to be addressed and fixed? >_>'

And if has been disable to be worked on, why not just put it back in, and let people choose to hide the head item or not until some more proper solution is found?

Never was that big a deal to me, most (all) of the Consular hats are so ugly that I never really even noticed that I couldn't wear a hat. I just always had hide head slot on. However, that was before I actually won a roll for Karagga (wouldn't have rolled had I know I couldn't wear it).

Really think they need to fix Miraluka's head gear (plus get better looking head gear) and also bind unique drops like Karagga's hat to legacy instead of a certain toon.

Edited by mikebevo

• Dev Post

Hello there! This was recently responded to and, essentially, we're having discussions about the topic.

Currently, the option works as it does because the character customization masks can be highly incompatible with many pieces of headgear. However, we are looking into changing this such that players could select the option, and when headgear is visible, the customized mask would change to something more subtle (but appropriate to the fact that the Species is blind). If players have decided to hide the headgear , their normal visor would show.

We're going to try to keep you updated as there's new information. Thanks for your patience!

/begin rant

I really want this fixed. I chose the minimilist head gear for my Miraluka to begin with because I didn't like all the gaudy big ones and I didn't want the headpiece to interfere with my equiped gear. My main is my Miraluka and I have not been able to see my Jedi Knight head gear since patch 1.2--doesn't matter what I wear, it is hidden. There is an option to hide your head slot. If your Miraluka headpiece clipped with your equiped gear, then the solution is use the option to hide your gear in your head slot. If the equiped gear does not clip, then we should have the option to NOT hide our head slot. It is really annoying that since 1.2, we have been forced to hide our head slot whether we wanted to or not. Please fix now!!

/end rant

I see where the devs have replied and said it is being looked into. That is good and thank you. I just want the devs to hurry it up.

• 3 weeks later...
This change has to be reverted. Changing how someone looks is not the way you fix something like this. I would rather not be able to wear a helm than have my character's looks change to something I do not want. Please revert what you have done and fix this issue some other way. Making changes that change how our characters look is not the way to fix things! Edited by Tahapenes

This change has to be reverted. Changing how someone looks is not the way you fix something like this. I would rather not be able to wear a helm than have my character's looks change to something I do not want. Please revert what you have done and fix this issue some other way. Making changes that change how our characters look is not the way to fix things!

My character looks the same to be. I am sorry if I am at a loss as to what changes people are noticing.

This change has to be reverted. Changing how someone looks is not the way you fix something like this. I would rather not be able to wear a helm than have my character's looks change to something I do not want. Please revert what you have done and fix this issue some other way. Making changes that change how our characters look is not the way to fix things!

Woh woh woh WHAT?

3 of my 4 toons are Miraluka. I am THRILLED about this change. Is it perfect? No. But this is entirely a gain.

My thoughts:

Before: You could not display any headgear (except full masks), with VERY few exception.

Now: You CAN show any headgear, or don't display it. So basically you have all the options from before, plus the option to actually display helmets (especially great for legacy classes like smuggler).

Get out.

Just pack your things and leave.

um... what? there is always the option to "hide headgear" to facilitate your rant.

I like the idea of being able to wear hoods or helms for the mirwhatsies... can never remember how to spell it... lol

Yup. Now they allow headpieces (but for whatever reason, my Miraluka has ALWAYS worn a hood without a problem). The new solutions. Same old hood (nothing new there). Now she's wearing square black glasses instead of the red velvet cover she used to wear.

Problem solved? No, Problem created. Now she isn't the character I created at character creation. They solved a non-problem (for me anyway) but creating a new un-fixable one.

This is getting utterly maddening.

Yup. Now they allow headpieces (but for whatever reason, my Miraluka has ALWAYS worn a hood without a problem). The new solutions. Same old hood (nothing new there). Now she's wearing square black glasses instead of the red velvet cover she used to wear.

Problem solved? No, Problem created. Now she isn't the character I created at character creation. They solved a non-problem (for me anyway) but creating a new un-fixable one.

This is getting utterly maddening.

Wow, I'm glad the issue for literally thousands of other Miraluka's was not a problem for YOU before. They now fixed the problem for the other thousands and broke it for one person? I don't think so. How about you use your "Hide Head Slot" option and stop being so selfish.

My character looks the same to be. I am sorry if I am at a loss as to what changes people are noticing.

My mask went from being the bone/carapace cover to a pair of IA style cyborg "glasses". When I made the character, I choose the mask because I liked how the character looked, now I hate how the character looks. Again, I rather not be able to use a hat then have my character chage looks without my input!

Woh woh woh WHAT?

3 of my 4 toons are Miraluka. I am THRILLED about this change. Is it perfect? No. But this is entirely a gain.

My thoughts:

Before: You could not display any headgear (except full masks), with VERY few exception.

Now: You CAN show any headgear, or don't display it. So basically you have all the options from before, plus the option to actually display helmets (especially great for legacy classes like smuggler).

Guess what, maybe your characters didn't change, but mine (and others) did! We had no input on how these changes would happen and we had no ability to change the mask after BW changed it on us. Just about everyone I've heard from that has had this mask change happen to hate how they were ramrodded into a new mask without any input nor any abiliy to change said mask to something we want. The fix was to actually work with the head gear items so they displayed properly, not change around the masks so people's masks changed on them and changed the character's looks. So while you may be thrilled, there are a number of people that are not!

Wow, I'm glad the issue for literally thousands of other Miraluka's was not a problem for YOU before. They now fixed the problem for the other thousands and broke it for one person? I don't think so. How about you use your "Hide Head Slot" option and stop being so selfish.

And they broke a lot of other people with this change as well. So, maybe YOUR character got fixed, but they broke mine and a number of other people's character in a hamfisted change. They should revert this change and actually work on a fix that works, not make some hamfisted change to people's characters to resolve an issue that a number of people saw as a non-issue to begin with.

Edited by Tahapenes