Rundown of your gaming history. Devs/Mods....k players too

HileyQuiggley

Might add a little more respect for you guys and what you do. Cant be easy dealing with thousands of players, kids to old guys (Me, the old guy).

Other players feel free also, I dont care if you where 10,000th golden eagle samurai knight. Just what games you played and maybe duration. A little taste of the past.

DAoC 10 year vet (Quit for this game)

WAR on release maybe 3 months

AoC on release 5-6 months

WoW 4 days I think, level 7 and had enough

SWG about same as WoW, not that it wasnt fun but I subbed at a friends house to see how it was to maybe draw me away from DAoC. It didnt at the time.

About it for me, loved and always will love DAoC its just old. I like Star Wars and I hope this game keeps me around that long. Ive already quit and came back so far not so different in that aspect.

Might add a little more respect for you guys and what you do. Cant be easy dealing with thousands of players, kids to old guys (Me, the old guy).

Other players feel free also, I dont care if you where 10,000th golden eagle samurai knight. Just what games you played and maybe duration. A little taste of the past.

DAoC 10 year vet (Quit for this game)

WAR on release maybe 3 months

AoC on release 5-6 months

WoW 4 days I think, level 7 and had enough

SWG about same as WoW, not that it wasnt fun but I subbed at a friends house to see how it was to maybe draw me away from DAoC. It didnt at the time.

About it for me, loved and always will love DAoC its just old. I like Star Wars and I hope this game keeps me around that long. Ive already quit and came back so far not so different in that aspect.

Hmm lets see

Original Dungeons and dragons -1980 to Still

Most of the old TSR Bookshelf series WWII strategy games (panzer leader, blitkrieg etc...)

Battletech-1 year (atlas mechs rule!)

cases ladder backgammon tournament leagues- 3 years

Unreal Tournament - 2 years

BF2-1 year

Everquest- 3 years off and on

WoW-so long I forgot (started about 8 months before BC expansion dropped) how many dollars was that ago?

D3- 2 months, gave it a chance and hated it

SWTOR- 4 mos now

WAR- about 6 mos got tired of being only person ingame gave it up

Conan- 2 months (way to buggy)

Aion -1 month tried it not for me

Rift- 1 month never really grabbed me

Hmm lets see

Original Dungeons and dragons -1980 to Still

Most of the old TSR Bookshelf series WWII strategy games (panzer leader, blitkrieg etc...)

Battletech-1 year (atlas mechs rule!)

cases ladder backgammon tournament leagues- 3 years

Unreal Tournament - 2 years

BF2-1 year

Everquest- 3 years off and on

WoW-so long I forgot (started about 8 months before BC expansion dropped) how many dollars was that ago?

D3- 2 months, gave it a chance and hated it

SWTOR- 4 mos now

WAR- about 6 mos got tired of being only person ingame gave it up

Conan- 2 months (way to buggy)

Aion -1 month tried it not for me

Rift- 1 month never really grabbed me

Very wide spread list. You must have played Axis and Allies by the looks of this list. Not an MMO but a very very long board game.

Back in the day before WoW, I'd play counterstrike and BF multiplayer on a regular basis.

I was a hardcore raider in WoW for quite some years. Gave up shortly after cata came out.

Then played a few single player games such as skyrim and Batman.

and now here I am, running Ops 2 times a week ;)

oh I did get D3 however I only ran normal mode to kill Diablo and then stopped lol

How far are we going back and what genre's? Because for me starting at the beginning you'd be hearing about things like pong, zork, rogue, space quest, M.U.L.E. (still best game ever), Midi Maze (my 1st LAN game if you would consider a midi ring a LAN) and a host of others I'm sure that quite a few haen't ever heard of.

If we limit to MMO's..

Things i played for a while... EQ, EQ2, SWG, WoW, Rift, PSO

With brief stints in Aion, Free Realms, Allods, Forsaken World, Free Realms (much better than I thought it would be), Star Wars: The Clone Wars Adventures (much worse than i was hoping it would be), and probably half a dozen others that left much less of an impression.

As far as MMO's go:

Guild Wars 1... launch-2007. Every now and then i return. It's still a fun game.

WoW... 1 month free trial. They let me play for 3 months free. Hate the game. Graphics, music score, crafting.. sux

LOTRO... Launch-May 2012. Loved the game pre F2P. Rich world, lotsa story and background (tolkein fan since 1985), graphics are awesome, musical score is just as good, overall a great game. Still have the premium account, but F2P screwed up alot of the game.

Rift... cant remember the dates but played it for 3-5 months. Just lost interest.

Aion... Feb 2012-Present. F2P but am loosing interest.

Terra... Dec 2011-Feb 2012. Grind fest... grind, grind, grind. Tried to give it a chance. The combat was really not much different then a click fest just had to aim in the general dirrection. No real inovation like the game professed.

TSW Beta... Wasn't impressed.

EVE... 10 free days. Was lost. No clear objective in the game. I felt that my only purpous was to grind resources.

EQ... buddy had an account. I made a character on it but didn't get far. He was logged in whenever I wanted to play lol

Americas Army... Just after launch-2 yrs ago. Great 1st person shooter. Have nothing negitative to say about it.

AOC, and a few other F2P and trial MMO's I have tried. I can't remember their names right now.

Oh and ofcourse SWTOR... Beta-Present

Edited by Kailthir
msp

Swg 2 years- ok till they did the change

Wow-current- very well put together game. Fun an lots to do when it comes to endgame pvp/pve

Swtor from launch- game is a complete disappointment. Armature devs, poor communication with community an major lack of end game content for both pvp\pve. I said it a few years ago that they need to drop those warhammer guys, an now look where we are today.

Tried many of the other game most of you mention aside from aion and rift.

The other mmo eve conan an those other ones I found to be very bad. An that includes eq-eq2.

Those games are complete trash IMO.

Sad thing is coh an cov would of been fun had they had a far better design instead of what they got. Made sto ground game a joke. GW tried it. They couldn't pay me to play it. I don't expect gw2 to be any different. Friends that did beta called it garbage. My guess I'll end up playing wow an canceling tor sub when I believe it's a lost cause. An that is looking like its going to happen. Damn shame

Very wide spread list. You must have played Axis and Allies by the looks of this list. Not an MMO but a very very long board game.

Oh yes the 5-6hr stalemates on the western front was annoying as hell, Was a really good game to play though.

EVE Online - 5 Years

EQ - 3 years

DAOC, LOTR, Ultima, D&D Online- About one month each.

WOW - Off and on for four years.

Played numerous wargames (board games) back in the 70s and 80s.

D&D - Several years, can't remember when it came out (late 70s?)

Oh yes the 5-6hr stalemates on the western front was annoying as hell, Was a really good game to play though.

Are you sure it wasn't the Eastern Front? Seem to remember the western front was pretty fluid. I loved ww2 board games, panzer blitz and others.

Edited by ahnog

I started MMOs around 1999. That was Ultima Online.

From then it was:

Pristons Tale ( 6x Mech, alts)

Lineage 2 ( 55 Dark Avenger, alts)

World of Warcraft ( 85 Rogue, various 80 alts)

Age of Conan ( 6x Conq. And Assassin)

Warhammer Online ( 40 ish Sword something and a Bright W)

City of X ( 48 tank)

Global Agenda ( forgot the names of classes but quit when advancement ended)

Hellgate: London ( fun for a couple weeks)

APB ( was mainly using sniper guns, game got boring)

Aion ( Sucked. Quit in beta)

LoTRO ( barely played this)

EQ 2 (just tried it F2P)

Champions Online ( three max characters)

SWTOR ( 3 50s, 1 30 something)

Edit: Forgot D&D online and Rift ( 48 fire whatever it was called)

Edit: Forgot Guild Wars and currently going to GW2.

Edit: Lol forgot DCUO ( had Max Yellow Lantern)

Some random free korean MMOs I dont care to mention.

Edited by Tiaa

I'm new to the genre.

SWG: 1 and 1/2 years, is my estimate.

WoW: 2 seconds of watching a friend start a new character. Practically fell asleep in my chair.

SWTOR: Subbed since launch.

Additionally, i'd like to add I appreciate very much the work the devs do to make this game great. Keep up the great work, guys! :)

Edited by bionamaster

Interesting Thread Idea, i like it.

EQ (2002 - 2009) omit about 2 years of breaks that I took, lot of great memories, 72 person raids! Though I only got into hardcore raiding guilds when it was lowered to 54 person raids.

Guild Wars - (6 months~ish) got into it during Factions with a friend, was extremely fun for a bit then got boring fast

LOTRO - (1.5 years off and on) was used to being a healer in EQ (druid) so i loved changing to a melee dps champion in LOTRO (partially the reason why my first char in swtor is a sentinel)

WOW - about 4 days....seriously don't know why everyone loved this game so much. Tried to get into it but basically hated it and it just made me miss EQ.

SWTOR - Had a lot of free time on my hands recently and had a tough decision between making a comeback to EQ or trying out swtor. Ended up choosing swtor because I didn't want to be handicapped by EQ in the fact that to get anything done in that game it requires a group or raid.

These are just MMOs, played many other games in my day. Legends of might and magic, call of duty, counter-strike, jediknight2 and jk3, blah blah blah could go on for a while.