Looks like new event - Chevin & Nar Shaddaa

Hunny_Bun

What did the Chevin's translated text say in the video? I couldn't squint enough to tell what he was saying (and I'm at work so I didn't want to full screen it on my work PC).

Greetings from the Chevin Conglomerate. Our eternal purpose: to provide personal enrichment opportunities. All other claims are libelous.

The Grand Aquisitions Race has begun. profit opportunities are extensive for individuals capable of interstellar travel. Others nned not apply.

Our representative on the Nar Shadaa promenade awaits aspiring Conglomerate agents. End of Transmission.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mind the trailer that much. Since the stuff has been datamined it wasn't a surprise.

Just thankful we at least get something like the rakghoul event which I still recall as very enjoyable and hope this will deliver. Right now anything new and exciting would really liven the mood of many players I think. I still believe the rakghoul plague was one of the best things Bioware has done in this game, another event will be a breath of fresh air at least for me.

Here's to a great event, and hopefully some new shinies (pets, gear, title, weapons whatever lol)

Ugh git all excited for the event and logged in for the first time in a week and was eager to play only to find it hadn't started yet. Looks like it's start will coincide with the start of the biggest gaming con in the country. So I guess I will be missing out on the majority of the event.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

So ... where is the Republic version of this vid? Or is there no Republic News Network? Kinda sad if the Republic citizens have to rely on the INN for news :cool:

haha that's a good point. i wonder if there will be a different version in-game for the pub side.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

I saw a video got excited to play new content and was disappointed when I logged in and it was not available.

Gen Con which is the biggest gaming convention in the US will be starting on wednesday I (and many other gaming fans) will be attending. Because of this fact, I will not be able to play most of this event and am upset about it. I am not sure what about that does not make sense.

haha that's a good point. i wonder if there will be a different version in-game for the pub side.

Hmm... you never know. I don't think there was much difference in the Rak event. However, my imp was on the starter planet back then so, I did not get to see much of it from the Imp side.

WHOOAAAA there people... Don't go saying you actually ENJOYED the Rhakghoul event. From all the posts after that event, it was a complete failure according to people. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least we are getting "some" sort of advance warning. I am curious to see how this one works out though. Wonder if those Chevin will ask us for Rhakghould DNA - now that would be hilarious.

HMMM My ship isn't going to explode after 20 minutes of me grabbing the cargo is it??

Edited by rhirne

No they mean gamescom in Germany. They wont be at gencon or they will have two teams out there doing events.

*sigh* the person I was replying to was answering someone specific who said they were going to miss this by going to a "the biggest gaming con in the country" and they were referring to Gen Con (as evidenced by their own post above...)

Now Gamescon is far bigger but they were in fact referring to GenCon.

(also GenCon is not the biggest in the US right now... both PAXs have had larger attendance numbers.)

WHOOAAAA there people... Don't go saying you actually ENJOYED the Rhakghoul event. From all the posts after that event, it was a complete failure according to people. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least we are getting "some" sort of advance warning. I am curious to see how this one works out though. Wonder if those Chevin will ask us for Rhakghould DNA - now that would be hilarious.

HMMM My ship isn't going to explode after 20 minutes of me grabbing the cargo is it??

lol! I still have some Rhak DNA. A good bit of it too. I would love to use it again some how.

*sigh* the person I was replying to was answering someone specific who said they were going to miss this by going to a "the biggest gaming con in the country" and they were referring to Gen Con (as evidenced by their own post above...)

Now Gamescon is far bigger but they were in fact referring to GenCon.

(also GenCon is not the biggest in the US right now... both PAXs have had larger attendance numbers.)

Never been to prime but I go to PAX east every year and it always seems smaller (don't know the numbers just going by perception so I could be wrong)

There will be a news terminal showing that once the event is live.

If we had events more frequently then it would make sense to have them ongoing. I remember in SWG they had little news terminal things (most people probably didn't even know they existed haha) that told of little things going on here and there in the galaxy.

I like the idea of using video though. It would give us more reasons to go to Cantinas... sit and watch the news for a few minutes. He he.