The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rude people

TheNegotiator

It's already huge on Harbinger. People there are allergic to grouping so you have to grab stuff fast. Send your comp in to get aggro, grab item and THEN start killing the mobs...otherwise your quest item will be ninja'd. Need a quest mob killed for quest? Do your insta attack and THEN send in comp (even if you're a healer)...otherwise that small delay will be just enough opening for a ninja to tag the mob and you have to wait for respawn. Great community that I'm so glad was saved by not having xserver lfg /sarcasm . And lol at the 'self-police advocates'.

I wish I had a list of the most ignored people on my server, so I could ignore them ahead of time before I had the displeasure of grouping with them.

Agreed and it's no better on the fatman. The community in this game is horrible. It's to bad troll isn't a playable race because lots of the people playing this could roll one.

I've already read comments from people on third party sites talking about how they are going to play swtor when it goes f2p just to grief people....so prepare yourselves, the trolls are coming.

I'll keep my sub but I'll play other MMO's for a while and check back and see if it gets better.

There always will have people to troll and grief. It's happen in all games.

Just because one or two people ninja'ed you it's don't mean that all peoples around are rudes or trolls.Sometimes someone ninja you black hole crates or something else, but that's it, can happen to anyone.

I can't imagine that your sever is much different from my own and I'm more or less never seeing any rude comments. Could it be that you are overly sensitive or have the ability to piss people off? Hell, people are probably considering this post to be report worthy on behalf of not agreeing with the cry-babies.

*slips OP a man pill*

Star Wars and Star Trek has the rudest group of individuals of any other genre

You need to get out more because if you think this is bad you should try a standard FPS....and that's voice chat.

Edited by MidichIorian

You need to get out more because if you think this is bad you should try a standard FPS....and that's voice chat.

I am not talking about the gaming community only i am talking from the convention travelling geek to the person that thinks he knows it all because he plays SWTOR or STO.

Hmm.... then I guess I'm pretty lucky with my server. It really quite ok there, an occasional ninja, but I always PM them afterwards with a please don't ninja stuff. Depending on the answer I get back it can either turn into a really nice conversation or they get /ignore so I don't have to heal them in a FP later on.

If someone ninja's stuff from you, just put them on /ignore. In time the karma will get back to them, when you're on the /ignore-list of enough people the LFG-HM FP will take some time.

I've already read comments from people on third party sites talking about how they are going to play swtor when it goes f2p just to grief people....so prepare yourselves, the trolls are coming.

The PvP servers will be full of griefing kids killing everyone 45 levels below them

I am glad I am not on a PvP server

The PvP servers will be full of griefing kids killing everyone 45 levels below them

I am glad I am not on a PvP server

That's really not an issue in this game. Half the planets you can't even pvp in and the ones you can they have both factions questing on opposite sides of the map. There is really almost no difference between a pvp server and a pve server in this game.

I had a couple of times where I was nearly finish cleaning some mobs before 2 peeps from the same guild storm in and took the quest item. It amuses me of the zergs in this game but I had to adapt. So I pick a lesser crowded route or wait awhile till no one's there. So far so good :D

And if someone is fighting an enemy and having some difficulty with it, I don't attack his or her enemy, I'll inject the player with Kolto till he/she wins then *stealth away*

In 12 years of playing MMOs (and I have played or at least tried lots of MMOs) SWtOR ranks in at least my top 3 for the "Most Selfish and Inconsiderate Community Award". My /ignore list must be a heck of a size as it is, and we haven't gone F2P yet.

After Turbine went Free To Play I was all for it, thinking community would grow. 6 months later uninstalled the game after deleting all of my toons. Was totally disgusted with the hate, racism, hostility towards anyone grouping that frankly the community ended up being rotten to the core....

Here in SWTOR finding out real fast since server mergers that North American Servers that normally play on (Ebon Hawk both factions) have turned into a rude, hateful anti-deaf, anti-grouping outside of warzones/flashpoint type of server... (have tried the other North America RP and PVE servers and ran into the same thing.... Not going to touch those pvp servers where the cheaters/gankers love to play)

So tried playing on the UK RP Server and found the community there to be polite and less rude then the North American Servers and I live in North America..

It's already huge on Harbinger. People there are allergic to grouping so you have to grab stuff fast. Send your comp in to get aggro, grab item and THEN start killing the mobs...otherwise your quest item will be ninja'd. Need a quest mob killed for quest? Do your insta attack and THEN send in comp (even if you're a healer)...otherwise that small delay will be just enough opening for a ninja to tag the mob and you have to wait for respawn. Great community that I'm so glad was saved by not having xserver lfg /sarcasm . And lol at the 'self-police advocates'.

Hear, hear.

Grouping on the Harbinger is punishable by death. We ain't into your commie "multiplayer" thing.