Tip of the hat

Gataya

Been pvipin a bit here and there and the mvp voting system is a nice way to recognize the fellow faction member, but i think it would be great if i could also cast a vote for a layer on the other team that i noticed was doing a good job or had fun fighting. Thus the 'tip of the hat' voting ability toward the opposing faction; having it yield a few extra valor like the mvp does.

Been pvipin a bit here and there and the mvp voting system is a nice way to recognize the fellow faction member, but i think it would be great if i could also cast a vote for a layer on the other team that i noticed was doing a good job or had fun fighting. Thus the 'tip of the hat' voting ability toward the opposing faction; having it yield a few extra valor like the mvp does.

I would never use this feature as I have never seen a filthy Imp fight fair or even do a good job in a warzone. If they win they are obviously cheating.

/thread

This is the worst idea that I've read in these forums. Congratulations OP, there have been millions before you, but you take the ribbon.

Edited by Stradoo

seriously though i have played both factions and have found that i am able to pick up new techniques and combos by going against classes i have played or even kind of building tyes from the ones i haven't because they are proficient in their skill set.

Why would you not though, because you have trouble finding a good set to paly from for your character and they have? Esp in mirror classes and you fight a person that bests you almost everytime, why not admit that hey have skills and the ability to adapt?

As for not using it, there are eople that prob don't even use the mvp because they think they had no part in the defeat of their team. Or a superiority complex that prohibits them from being able to see others are helping; for example, tossing mad heals to the guy that is comlaining no one was helping him take a turret and they lose because he is too focused on getting a kill rather than helping the heals or really defending a turret in say civil war.

As far as objective and fair players should have the option to recognize another good player, even on another team.

I can see this not being cool for RPG servers where one is to put themselves int he total character that they choose but in the pvp and pve where it is not required and even totally expected that one take such a deep emotional investment in the one persona adopted in the Star Wars universe, why not be able to tell another person they have spec'ed well or recognize skill of play?

How about "mark for death"

You can put it on the person that most irritated you. it could be collected as a sign of pride.

this is also a kind of cool idea, it would allow you or others to see how baneful the oppossing faction finds you and garner support from your own

There are certainly some skilled imps on my server, worthy of respect. Ill-tempered though they may be. I wouldn't mind something like this. One of the best things about PvP, in my opinion anyway, is being able to face worthy opposition. Edited by Belly

How about "mark for death"

You can put it on the person that most irritated you. it could be collected as a sign of pride.

this ^^^

Excellent! And make sure the deathmark is visible to Pubs. Take all the pride you want, bubba, but I'm gonna wear you out! :)

There was an Operative that REALLY got under my skin the other night. And that is rare because I usually am pretty even tempered and laugh things off, but man I was fuming. lol Imperia or Imperium, something like that on Po5; there is my "tip of the hat" but it was more like throwing it on the ground and stomping on it. :p

Would loved to have marked him, but it brought an interesting thought, as he was on the same faction as me. We just were going against each other. So how would that work?

There was an Operative that REALLY got under my skin the other night. And that is rare because I usually am pretty even tempered and laugh things off, but man I was fuming. lol Imperia or Imperium, something like that on Po5; there is my "tip of the hat" but it was more like throwing it on the ground and stomping on it. :p

Would loved to have marked him, but it brought an interesting thought, as he was on the same faction as me. We just were going against each other. So how would that work?

If there was a mechanic like that it would be a tip of the hat to the opposing team member, same faction or not i would hope.

totally understand that and that's the basis of this whole idea. My friend and i were talking and mentioned a person that just got both of us and we were like, 'it would be great if we could give honor where it is due' so to speak

There are certainly some skilled imps on my server, worthy of respect. Ill-tempered though they may be. I wouldn't mind something like this. One of the best things about PvP, in my opinion anyway, is being able to face worthy opposition.

most def man, tha's one of the best things about pvping, you get to pit your little champion against another actual player and duke it out. I would just like to give props where they are deserved :)