Win Civil War. Earn 17 Medals, get 80 coms?

KimbonaterX

Anyone else? How does the system calculate coms? I thought for every medal you got 50 valor 10 coms or something like that, max to 80 unless you win, then you get more. I've won 140 coms (not counting MVP votes) in a regular wz match....but when we give the other team a beatdown I end up earning less.

Can someone tell me why?

Anyone else? How does the system calculate coms? I thought for every medal you got 50 valor 10 coms or something like that, max to 80 unless you win, then you get more. I've won 140 coms (not counting MVP votes) in a regular wz match....but when we give the other team a beatdown I end up earning less.

Can someone tell me why?

Did you beat them down and quickly win, or did you beat them down and draw it out so you could keep beating them down?

It was a fairly quick beatdown. I started off with 4 medals for protection, then got the 2.5k hit and 5k hit and killing blow medals, the rest were for speed. so i think it was 7 medals earned before the medals for speed...not 100% sure.

Edit: So the medals earned for speed don't grant as many coms as if we were to drag the match out? That doesn't seem right to anyone playing...the receiver of the beatdown nor the winners for executing.

Edited by KimbonaterX

its been happening all week for me too. In one match I got about 10 medals, on my healer, and only got 75 comms, and this is also the fact we also won the match too. I tell myself this must be down to how the objectives are being calculated, if they are showing low on the scoreboard, you don't get many comms.

So in that case the calculator for the medals from objectives could be borked and its not giving the appropriate number of comms. Even in matches I lost, where I still earned 8-10 medals, its always low comms anyway, even though I scored a fairly respectable count on medals, and to get those medals, you must of done some objective in the first place ?! - so the calculator for comms must be having a dizzy week of it - its all I can think of !

This makes no logical sense to me. They have dauntless speed medals to give out.

I'll have to start paying attention to my comm output now. If you guys are right, may be something bugged with the system. I don't remember the last time I finished a winning match with under 100 comms.

its been happening all week for me too. In one match I got about 10 medals, on my healer, and only got 75 comms, and this is also the fact we also won the match too. I tell myself this must be down to how the objectives are being calculated, if they are showing low on the scoreboard, you don't get many comms.

So in that case the calculator for the medals from objectives could be borked and its not giving the appropriate number of comms. Even in matches I lost, where I still earned 8-10 medals, its always low comms anyway, even though I scored a fairly respectable count on medals, and to get those medals, you must of done some objective in the first place ?! - so the calculator for comms must be having a dizzy week of it - its all I can think of !

I heard Sentinels/Marauders have an ability that grant 140 comms every game...

Was it in Huttball? EDIT: Duh. Title says Civil War, so I don't know.

I thought for sure last night that I got 80 comms in a Huttball match where I would usually get 140 for a win with at least 8 medals when I got out, but didn't look at the end of the match. It also happened to be one where it bugged and told me the enemy team was Rotworms while I was on Rotworms.

Edited by Technohic

I heard Sentinels/Marauders have an ability that grant 140 comms every game...

It's a tier 5 skill. Tooltip:

Force Heroics

Increases commendations by 140 for the privilege your teammates feel by having you in the Warzone. Additionally grants the ability Faceroll which increases Damage, Critical, Speed and defense by 100% for 10 seconds, can only happen once every 10 seconds.

Common bug - seems to only occur to the player on the winning team with the most medals (or top few in some cases).

Winning faster = more bonus comms. Someone earlier stated that quick wins = less comms (which is true for the losing team, however). Dauntless medals DO count just as significantly as every other medal (so you don't need to earn 8 every time before the match ends).

I haven't been able to figure out what causes this other than being one of -if not THE- highest medal earner in a warzone (have confirmed this to be true via premades and being in mumble with teammates - this also happens in ranked warzones, which is always painful when this happens). Usually, this will only occur to the top medalist (sometimes more), but, this HAS occured to entire teams. What I THINK is happening is that the game believes your team had lost the warzone (despite winning quickly), yet you always walk away with 80 comms (which is the highest possible amount you can earn if you've lost, had at least 8 medals and caused the warzone to last a long time) - ALSO, if you happen to have the pvp missions, I've found that you don't get credit (for the weekly) or only get 1 credit (for the daily) despite winning when this happens.

I've submitted a few bug reports detailing it, but this has been ongoing since they adjusted (increased) the losing team's total comms earned (and reduced the total medals required to get anything from 4 to 1).

It may have something to do with the wrong team bugs in warzones, although I haven't paid attention enough to know for sure. Sometimes it shows you on rotworms when you're actually a frogdog in huttball, or you'll get a message that an enemy is unbeatable, but they are on your team. Could be an issue with the system not recognizing your team correctly.

1. max medals that give comms is 8 (since 1.2 I believe) while playing warzone

2. the faster you win the more "dauntless" medals you get rich adds to your comm count.

so take first 8 non dauntless medals and then add dauntless medals and you should be able to compute appropiate comms.

That doesn't make sense though, according to my scenario. I had 7 medals (70 coms) prior to the dauntless/speed medals. Under your logic, that means I got 10 coms from 10 medals, which equals....1 com per medal for dauntless?

Same thing happens to me in Voidstar with 6-0 wins. Defended first, held the first door, then we take the first door in 30 seconds and match is over, get 12 to 14 medals and only 80 freakin' coms.

I can understand the lower experiece gains, but why penalize a team winning quickly?

I've noticed this issue for a couple of weeks now, even made a thread asking what the base rewards were before the "medals earned" rewards were added to it, and never got a reply. You're supposed to get 5 commendations for each medal, with 3 medals minimum to start earning the extra rewards and 8 medals the maximum amount you can earn the extra rewards for. And I've seen that mess up in the respect that on a losing match, I hadn't earned 3 medals(was there from start to finish, didn't come into the match as it was ending, fresh 50 in recruit gear, I was getting melted before I could do anything) and got absolutely nothing from the warzone, not even base rewards.