How is this Fair?

coerCez

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I brought this up with David Hunt (one of our Systems Designers) about this, and here's the info:

What you've noticed here is due to a quirk in the fact that one side gets the Assault Cannons and the other doesn't. We do have plans to address this further in future gear sets, but it isn't likely that it will be addressed for existing gear sets at this time.

This is the kind of stuff the players want as feedback. Thank you.

A question and you find out an answer or reasoning for it and relay it.

Lets just nope the part "but it isn't likely that it will be addressed for existing gear sets at this time" doesnt mean never.

Its funny how much outrage there is over this one tiny little advantage for the Republic when basically everything else in the entire game favors the Empire.

Tiny advantage? You know how much +Power I lost when I had to wear standard BM gear once 1.2 went live, and the Imps have nothing that gives Power+Surge in the Battlemaster section. 51 Power x 6 = 306 Power. That's a nice bit of extra damage right there. I was happy with like 400+ before 1.2. Once 1.2 hit and I only had standard BM gear as they ****ed over people who swapped mods out, I was down to like 150 Power.

People should not go through this because BioWare is too lazy to actually put decent mods in BM gear on the Imp side. As an Assassin I dont give a damn about freaking accuracy, that's the last thing I care about. I dont think any one actually cares about accuracy. The first thing is power. This really should be fixed sooner rather than later.

Edited by Katsuragisama

I want a response on this too! Which piece of Pub BM gear has this enhancement? I have been looking for it on my Sage but can't find it. Maybe it's one particular piece that slipped through. By the way, how did you come to find this out? And do we know how many Pubs are abusing it?

This would totally explain why Pub DPS in Warzones is so much higher than Imps. I see so many Battlemasters running around on each side, but the Pubs always seem to out-dps the imps and win most of the warzones. People abusing this would cause a pretty significant advantage for their side.

This is not fair. And after todays craptastic warzones, I don't think I even want to play anymore knowing the other side has an unfair advantage like this. I thought both sides were completely EQUAL!? Well bullcrap to that!

I wouldn't call it "abusing it" as they are merely using the tools available to them. If it is true that there is that imbalance then yes Bioware should fix it, but this isn't a case of players exploiting, glitching, modding (in the more traditional programming sense), or hacking.

Power/Surge.......lame combo

Crit/Surge=win

^ LOL!. sorry but crit has a soft cap at 35% where as power has no ceiling... for optimal builds you would usually stack main stat as much as you can, thus building crit naturally. once at 35-36% buffed you want more power.

How about the fact mercs get a fully modifiable offhand while commandos don't?

Smugglers get a fully modifiable offhand and Imperial Agents don't mmmmm your argument is not a very good one!

Edited by Covax

Hey everyone, I brought this up with David Hunt (one of our Systems Designers) about this, and here's the info:

What you've noticed here is due to a quirk in the fact that one side gets the Assault Cannons and the other doesn't. We do have plans to address this further in future gear sets, but it isn't likely that it will be addressed for existing gear sets at this time.

Cool glad this guy brought the apparent issue up, while your at it, take a liitle look at how OP Imp Sniper rifles are compared to say all other Rep Guns....

K thanks

And thanks to the OP for the attention..!! :)

While this one does seem pretty significant, I would like the fix to take at least as long as any of the other major Imp > Rep class imbalances take to fix ::nododgy::

Class mirror imbalances really need a hard look. From companion ordering to animation fixes.

I'm sorry but this is a purely silly thread... boohoo. In the scheme of things this is the most minuscule min/max issue that I've heard people complain about. YES it should be identically mirrored but that is such a minor issue, quit acting like it is a huge evil plot to screw you over.

So what you're saying is a bug in 1 WZ and a meaningless Commando effect difference that only affects bads is equal to an across the board stat advantage at all times?

Try not to hurt yourself reaching.

According to the OP, you get the same enhancement in WH gear. So calling it a "stat advantage at all times" is stretching the truth a bit...

That Reps get access to Advanced Adept Enhancement 25, which is a Power/Surge Enhancement that can be ripped out from a Battlemaster piece, yet Imps don't have access to this Enhancement until War Hero gear?

This gives a huge advantage to Rep toons as they can very easily grab 6 of these bad boys to get very competitive levels of power/surge. There MUST be an equal offering for Imps on a piece of Battlemaster gear.

EDIT: I hope one of the community representatives, who seem to be very active on the forums today, can take this up to the devs and get it fixed as soon as possible.

well considerring most Imp classes are overpowered for PvP they (EA) decided to even it out with the gear.

Wow. Going free to play, losing subscribers all over the place, and now someone discovers a bug that unbalances PvP even further and it's a "quirk" and "isn't likely that it will be addressed for existing gear sets at this time." Now that is extra-special stupid.

Edited by RobNightfall

Explain?

I have both a Merc and Commando, same level, same gear stats. the commando does more damage and more heals. I know others who have Mara's and Sents same levels with same gear stats and the Mara always puts out more damage, the rotations aren't much different between the two.