Free To Play Q&A; where is it?

dakisback

Interesting. A Q&A with almost zero new information. What did you guys do? Spend the last few minutes of your work day finding the easiest questions on the topic and answering them? That Q&A is a piece of garbage.

Agreed , they could of just put up a link to the F2P FAQ , but it is the last one which I also agree with it's a giant waste of time. O.k bye bye forum peoples nothing to see here and they are shutting down forum p v p. have fun in game !

Interesting. A Q&A with almost zero new information. What did you guys do? Spend the last few minutes of your work day finding the easiest questions on the topic and answering them? That Q&A is a piece of garbage.

They haven't released any specific information about F2P yet, so every question regarding specifics has to immediately be thrown out the window. Its not a press release, its a Q&A. They can only answer questions in regards to the very limited information that is currently available. Once they have more detailed information about what things will cost, what we can get, how we can get them, level requirements, blah, blah, blah... then we can get a more in depth Q&A.

Although the weekly Q&A's have never really had a good track record on choosing the best questions, so when that more information is released and the Q&A still looks like this, I will most likely be in agreement with you at that point.

I disagree. And let me just say, IMO your post is rude and distrespectful to the Bioware Staff.

For example: it is clear reading this Q&A that if you are sub and you downgrade to free, not all 8 character slots are available, and you will have to choose which characters you will continue to play. That was speculation before the Q&A

For example: it was not clear before the Q&A if you would lose access to gear that you earned while under sub if you down graded to free. They clarified that you get to keep the gear.

And, new information: "All players will be able to purchase Cartel Coins by purchasing them on our website and eventually in-game". People assumed it would be coin purchase on the website, but having an in-game capability (a la LoTRO) is new news. And it yet again echos that they are following the Turbine model fairly closely.

For eamaple: NO, you canot earn coins in game, at least not in the near term. They may add that ability some day. People were also speculating and asking about this feature.

And, there is something to read between the lines as well. People keep harping on how can they do more frequent updates under the new model. They not only reaffirmed this, but they also stated they expect to be able to be more responsive to fixing bugs as well. So, what does that mean? IMO, i means that by taking the game dual access, they were able to justify a larger opeations budget then if they stayed subscription only. They made a business case for a revenue stream of X under the new model, which give them approval for Y resources. The new model also indemnifies their operations budget somewhat from subscription fluctuations.

Edited by Andryah

Does this mean we are going to get a better quality Q&A than previously ?

Not that i don't enjoy the times when they fill us in on thrilling topics such as why did you choose that particular shade for the grass on Alderaan? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you don't care about the art direction of the game you play, doesn't mean others aren't interested. Stop hating. All questions are valid.

You really know how to finesse someone into getting you what you want don't you? Little life lesson, if you act like an ******e, you don't get better service, you just look like an ******e.

Edited by Jnight

I personally don't care what any of you guys think of my attitude toward the Bioware staff or the game in general. The fact of the matter is that I, and all of you, were scammed when we bought and subbed to this game, mislead about it's future, and had to watch painfully as they nosedived it straight into the ground and blamed a changing in the preference of gamers on their failure to update the game properly.

1. Refusal to regularly update.

2. Untested patches that are supposed to fix bugs, making more bugs

3. Complete and utter lack of communication to their community

These 3 things destroyed this game, and they promised us some answers with the Q&A this week and they gave us garbage. I don't care if I am disrespectful, I was betrayed by them which is far worse than calling their slapped together in 5 minutes Q&A the piece of garbage that it is.

You know I don;t get it, you ask for something, harrasse them to hurry, demand they do this and that in such time or why it hasn't been done. And then complain when it isn't what you expect. Why not just let them do their dang job? I feel sorry for the employees who have to endure being harrassed and pushed into action, sometiems actions that actually need some time worked on beforehand, and yet still it someone complains. People complain if they take their time to work on something, and complain if they don't.

Bioware must have some pretty thick skin. I can;t say I don;t think theres things need be worked on or that I'm entirely content with way things are progressed... like I wish they would work on the content that was supposed be here before, before rushing into new content. But then it;s like tug of war and their in the middle. Nothing they do is going to make 'everyone' happy. Just hopefully they can pull things around and well hoping they don;t go completely way of lotro, because I left lotro for here and one the things I have enjoyed is not having a store in my face every time I log in, not feeling like I have to 'buy more' just to be able to enjoy the game in full even as vip(sub). And hopefully they will stay away from pay to win stuff. There's a quick way to unbalance the game completely.

You know I don;t get it, you ask for something, harrasse them to hurry, demand they do this and that in such time or why it hasn't been done. And then complain when it isn't what you expect. Why not just let them do their dang job? I feel sorry for the employees who have to endure being harrassed and pushed into action, sometiems actions that actually need some time worked on beforehand, and yet still it someone complains. People complain if they take their time to work on something, and complain if they don't.

Bioware must have some pretty thick skin. I can;t say I don;t think theres things need be worked on or that I'm entirely content with way things are progressed... like I wish they would work on the content that was supposed be here before, before rushing into new content. But then it;s like tug of war and their in the middle. Nothing they do is going to make 'everyone' happy. Just hopefully they can pull things around and well hoping they don;t go completely way of lotro, because I left lotro for here and one the things I have enjoyed is not having a store in my face every time I log in, not feeling like I have to 'buy more' just to be able to enjoy the game in full even as vip(sub). And hopefully they will stay away from pay to win stuff. There's a quick way to unbalance the game completely.

What job are they doing exactly? The game has been out for 8 months and we have only received 2 updates. Back when I played FFXI we got a major update every month. They rolled events every other weekend, got an expansion even before this long in TORs life. Point is, they are NOT doing their jobs is why I, and much of the playerbase is angry. They sucked so bad at it that nearly all of my friends quit.

So, no. I am not going to be polite. You can sit there neck deep in denial to your hearts content But, it doesn't change the fact, that they took a perfectly viable game idea, awesome IP rights, a huge budget, hundreds of thousands of loyal fans ready to support them when the game started, and nosedived it straight into the ******** mud. Open your eyes friend. See the world for what it is and stop defending them when they need to hear this.