New companion, is that a joke?

Narblazu

This new companion they are proud about as an upcoming update... wth?

Someone certainly made some very bad descisions on what to work on a few months back... this game DOES NOT need a new companion for an update. Listen to the players and fix/add what we want instead. Jesus christ.

I throw your new companion in the thrash and raise with an unsub!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone didn't play KotOR. Or read the updated forum rules.

Firstly no one gives a damn about the forum rules because they were updated to help BW sweep everything under the carpet.

Secondly, While Im all up for HK-51, I too would rather they worked on the more important issues like the countless bugs and adding new content ( i dont consider hk-51 to be new content unless theres a whole new storyline and quest to get him AND a subsequent companion questline).

Im also worried about breaking lore (which SWTOR doesnt seem to have too much of a problem doing) since even though it was cut out from KOTOR 2, HK-47 went and destroyed the HK droid factory. So really there should be no more HK droids. And if there were 300 years later surely model 51 which was just coming in to production during KOTOR2 would be old and obsolete no?

Firstly no one gives a damn about the forum rules because they were updated to help BW sweep everything under the carpet.

Or they were sick of General Discussion becoming a cesspool. When you unsubscribe, they allow you to tell them why you did so. That exists for a reason; to keep the future garbage that somebody's wanting to spew away from the community's ears. People who actively subscribe to and enjoy the game most likely couldn't care less about why somebody else is leaving. They really couldn't.

Honestly, at this point, everything that can be negatively said about this game has been negatively said about this game. OVERWHELMINGLY.

Time for everybody to just shut up about it.

Edited by Lazirus-

Or they were sick of General Discussion becoming a cesspool. When you unsubscribe, they allow you to tell them why you did so. That exists for a reason; to keep the future garbage that somebody's wanting to spew away from the community's ears. People who actively subscribe to and enjoy the game most likely couldn't care less about why somebody else is leaving. They really couldn't.

Honestly, at this point, everything that can be negatively said about this game has been negatively said about this game. OVERWHELMINGLY.

but if the game wasnt doing so bad

the Devs had listened to the players and also put out more content than 3 patches in 7 months

may be, just may be the forums wouldnt be awash of threads complaining about the game?

instead of use been shut up, i think its high time BW/EA listen to there paying customers.

Here here! :)

This new companion they are proud about as an upcoming update... wth?

Someone certainly made some very bad descisions on what to work on a few months back... this game DOES NOT need a new companion for an update. Listen to the players and fix/add what we want instead. Jesus christ.

I throw your new companion in the thrash and raise with an unsub!

who do you think you are to say what needs to be or shouldn't be done? your opinion isn't any better than mine nor anyone elses.

who do you think you are to say what needs to be or shouldn't be done? your opinion isn't any better than mine nor anyone elses.

thats true

but he has a point. Time spent on this new companion could have been better spent on fixing the hero engine, or working out the glaring bugs in the OP's. there is a long list of things wrong with this game and it might help the game in the long run to address these point.

But BW seems to think that they can add a new companion forget about the bugs and just move on, then they wonder why they have lost over 1 million subs since launch.

if this thread or my post is wrong under the new forums dictatorship then by all means remove me from the forums.

thats true

but he has a point. Time spent on this new companion could have been better spent on fixing the hero engine, or working out the glaring bugs in the OP's. there is a long list of things wrong with this game and it might help the game in the long run to address these point.

You're proceeding from the false assumption that the guys on companion detail could actually work on the engine. They don't because they can't. Technical designers and writers are not ever in the same pool as the engine programmers. Completely different skill set. Now ops problems, yeah, they should be on that. But other than this week's Vorgath breakage and Soa from months ago, not having any problems the technical design guys would be responsible for.

Press Release about HK-51, please read it. It covers how HK -51 is found, where he is found and the fact there is a whole new quest line attached to getting him. I know I for one am looking forward to having him as a companion. I just hope his wit is as acid as his predecessor.

All these glaring bugs in the game... I play nearly every day and have done since beta. I am yet to experience any game breaking bugs for me...I have four level 50's, run ops, hard modes and dailies. I have encountered a few minor annoyances and that's all they are annoyances.

Lots of things have been implemented since launch that has just improved the game for me and I am looking forward to a lot more to come. Maybe my expectations are lower than most as this is my first true MMO, but all in all I am happy with the game and the community I play in. Most of the vitriol about the game I see on the forums and not in the game itself.

Why do you guys think that there's only like 5 people working on this game and they do everything? There are several teams with multiple people working on a variety of different things. What makes you think that they can't both fix bugs and create new content? Seriously people, get a grip. Edited by dosadnik

Why do you guys think that there's only like 5 people working on this game and they do everything? There are several teams with multiple people working on a variety of different things. What makes you think that they can't both fix bugs and create new content? Seriously people, get a grip.

Let me tell you what makes me think they can't both fix bugs and create new content.

There is no new content!

Honestly i don't think the game has that much of bugs and i have 3 level 50s so i do not complain about that. BUT, the game lacks content once you hit 50 and replay is **** (same things over and over, i did it three times already). PVP is flawed due to really bad design. RWZ, another joke.

Let me tell you what makes me think they can't both fix bugs and create new content.

There is no new content!

Honestly i don't think the game has that much of bugs and i have 3 level 50s so i do not complain about that. BUT, the game lacks content once you hit 50 and replay is **** (same things over and over, i did it three times already). PVP is flawed due to really bad design. RWZ, another joke.

So then why do you complain now that they are finally giving you something? Besides it's not just HK-51 that you are getting. You are getting a level increase, a new planet, a new Warzone, a new Operation and perhaps more. I just don't understand your argument.