Are your server's pugs like this?

Order-Sixty-Six

So yesterday I was in a novare coast and I go solocap NE, call incoming, my team comes and helps me. We hold 2 cap until they're 8 percent, then someone calls late as they are capping south. We lose NE and recap south in the process.

No big deal right? We're 92% ahead. So OPs Leader shouts ALL TO NORTHEAST. Cool I'm already there with this undergeared healer. This is where it gets interesting, everyone starts running around like chickens with their heads cut off and spamming GO NE while the score ticks down, despite none of them actually going themselves. We keep calling for help and no one else ever comes.

This goes on for what feels like 5 minutes, the match ends and we lose. Everyone blames the undergeared healer who was the only person that listened to the call - and I get 5 mvp votes while the healer only gets mine.

This is a fine testament of diffusion of responsibility, and something you should think about the next time you order someone else to do something that you're not going to do yourself.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

If you tried to actually win there's always the chance that you won't succeed and fail. This is risky. If you talk about how we need to 'cap faster' there's no chance for this to be wrong, because if you win it obviously works, and if you didn't win it's because other people didn't listen to your advice of 'cap faster' and how can you possibly argue against that? At least they didn't tell you that you got to get the ball to win in Huttball.

Sometimes i like to believe that im just being trolled. The other day in novare... at south with 5 team mates. I see the Imps respawn and call out "4 inc south" as they drop down. I turn around and watch as everyone but me runs off to west leaving me alone to die and watch south get capped.

/shrug

which server are you on ? I was in a very similar situation with my partially geared Healer believe it or not.. Really weird coincidence, or just yes, we do have pugs like yours too. ! :p

I bet it was the Sentinels/Marauders that did this kind of damage, what do you think?

Sometimes i like to believe that im just being trolled. The other day in novare... at south with 5 team mates. I see the Imps respawn and call out "4 inc south" as they drop down. I turn around and watch as everyone but me runs off to west leaving me alone to die and watch south get capped.

/shrug

That seems like the reverse of what happens to me. If we call "2 left/east" or even if I don't call because we have 2 defenders and 3v2 should be fine, it ends being like 4v2, then 2 more of our team trickle in as the last enemy is dying and the lone defender starts yelling MID as I go "*** we don't need 6 to kill 2 guys".

which server are you on ? I was in a very similar situation with my partially geared Healer believe it or not.. Really weird coincidence, or just yes, we do have pugs like yours too. ! :p

It's in his sig.

I always facepalm when someone shout "SNOWWW!!!!!" like it's a freaking alien invasion going on over there when in reality it's only 3 ppl and guess what happens, yup everyone run over there while I'm the only one keeping my calm and stay to be overrun by 5 ppl and lose the node, and guess who they blame...

I always facepalm when someone shout "SNOWWW!!!!!" like it's a freaking alien invasion going on over there when in reality it's only 3 ppl and guess what happens, yup everyone run over there while I'm the only one keeping my calm and stay to be overrun by 5 ppl and lose the node, and guess who they blame...

You! Right?

Correct, like it's my fault for not holding off 5 guys while they are having their little 7vs3 fight and barely winning...

We lost a Novare because of overzealous inc calls last month. It's pretty quiet after a lot of fighting at South and the lone West defender goes "INC!!" just like that, so 6 people rush over. Since you can SEE west from South, where most of us are, I stay because it's only one guy attacking, but everyone else is blind and goes 7v1 while I'm saying "Guys, too many West, hold South" and such. Then the rest of the Imps storm South as they have been doing all game, we lose it immediately and lose ~14% to 0% because of the one retarded call.

We lost a Novare because of overzealous inc calls last month. It's pretty quiet after a lot of fighting at South and the lone West defender goes "INC!!" just like that, so 6 people rush over. Since you can SEE west from South, where most of us are, I stay because it's only one guy attacking, but everyone else is blind and goes 7v1 while I'm saying "Guys, too many West, hold South" and such. Then the rest of the Imps storm South as they have been doing all game, we lose it immediately and lose ~14% to 0% because of the one retarded call.

Yea ppl need to learn that calmly type "inc *location* #" and not just do "INC" or simular, it takes 2 seconds to write ppl!

After being away from the game for a few months, I noticed that there are a lot of stupid people playing now. i see **** like the OP and nomrath's situations all the time even in the 50+ wzs. Even if you get one where they try in earnest to "play the objectives" they will get confused when they have to rotate at all. All of this usually ends up with people yelling at each other. It's the same match after match. It seems like a completely different set of players now. Edited by doodbro

On my server it has gone like this a few times.

We have 2 nodes, S and NE.

Someone calls out "2 inc NE".

Everyone leaves South except me, a lone healer.

Rest of enemy team takes south. My team runs around like headless chickens getting slowed and mezz'ed in the middle of the map and get 3 capped.

Correct, like it's my fault for not holding off 5 guys while they are having their little 7vs3 fight and barely winning...

You were there, so it's obviously your fault. You should hold off five on your own, like a true team player.

We lost a Novare because of overzealous inc calls last month.

Last month? if only the servers I played on were so lucky as to have such over-correcting happen on a monthly basis rather than every seven minutes.

Not a fan of that map as its really meant to be run inbetween points and most people try it alderaan style. As people realize its a press the under defended base and bail out when it goes south it will be better to play. Right now inc calls and holding is iffy. It depends heavily on your team understanding the mission.