How often do you send your crew on missions?

gkshow

I was wondering if i should be sending my crew out on missions any chance I get.

I haven't really sold anything I've made yet, I have scavenging, bioanalysis and diplomacy.

Since every mission costs credits, I'm wondering if there is an optimum amount to send crew on missions or not :)

When I am online, they need to slice, like there would be no tomorrow. They rarely have some change by healing me in a harder quest but I usually give them tasks even while i am in a flashpoint.

They have enough time to rest when I need to work, and maybe sleep.

sounds like I am the only one that really likes having my companion follow me around all the time, guess I am just so used to her I feel lost without her.

I feel toast without mine. But the other 2 are on their way whenever I do not forget about them.

I try to send mine out constantly until I get low on credits. Though I've been slacking with Underworld Trading cause it's not used as much for Armormech. I've had to stay on top of things to keep Armormech in sync with my level for gear.

Alright gotcha :)

like i said, i haven't put any of my findings on AH yet, and most of the diplomacy rewards are the "give to companion" kind (at least so far).

So i didn't want to keep losing money by sending mine out all the time (1 companion so far)

I have 2 companions (and 1 ship droid) so far, and I always send out 2 on craft runs while I'm out in the field. If I'm turning in a bunch of quests, I send my active companion on some mission. No sense having another one around during peace time. If my companions actually felt like companions, then I would probably keep it around for sentiment's sake. Currently though, they just feel like extra dps/heal/tank points floating behind me - which I don't need when not fighting.