Umm...Bioware....what about crafting and ftp?

TrakonBazzaak

I dont think you understand.

I can spend 75 dollars and buy 5 accounts. On these 5 accounts i can make 8 characters each, I will pick up diplomacy and slicing on all of these characters, and have them farming, with no monthly fee for any of them.

This could be astronomically bad.

They had better implement something to combat this.

Ummm There is guards against this. You cant have that many alts on one account that is F2P and trust me there will only be one F2P account per MAC ADDRESS. This way father and son can play at same house father subbed and kid F2P or 2 F2P siblings at same house just 2 different computers. Lets just hope that kids who SHARE ONE computer but want different accounts dont try to play cause it wont work I hope...

Edited by ZORG

Yes, and if you look over here in the cash shop you can buy one for the low low price of 1000 cartel coins :p

On a serious note I wouldn't worry about this just yet... In order to have a true advantage over "single account" players, you'd either have to be able to run them all synchronous on multiple machines (which few people can) or constantly switch through all chars+accounts (completely barring you from doing anything else during this time)... I'm not saying that there are no people crazy enough to do so but probably not enough to seriously impact the economy (in the end, how many people do you know that bother logging through crafting alts on just one account, forcing them to take a 5 minute break after each warzone/instance?)

Now, if they should ever introduce a way of starting missions without being logged in you can start to worry...

The Gold Farmers will have huge server farms doing this. :(

So how much does someone stand to rake in doing this and how much time are they going to have to spend switching between 40 characters on 5 accounts? Compare that with doing missions for 8 characters on 1 account and then just doing dailies on them? If the small number of people who might do nothing but run crew missions is enough to blow up the economy, it isn't much of an economy.

And make it so they can't trade credits or items through mail and it'll shut this down to almost non-existent.

Just limit crew skills to 200 or 300 on free accounts (the current free trial accounts have a limit). Free accounts will only have limited access to the GTN anyway.

This whole F2P model in SWTOR is making me dislike this game more and more ...

Please don't base your dislike of the F2P model on someone else's hair-brained ideas and speculation. Most of what he is complaining about will almost surely never come to pass.

BioWare DOES have an economic management team watching over the system and I'm quite sure they're looking out for gold farmers and the like, and even build in heuristics in their analyses to figure out when it's happening.

Just a thought - because this is how LOTRO did crafting for f2p.

They may have to pay for access to other tiers of crafting.

Plus, again, there will be character slot restrictions. I would imagine it wouldn't be worth it to them to level up 1 or 2 alts with limited crafting access for the small amount of coinage it would make for their main.

Ummm There is guards against this. You cant have that many alts on one account that is F2P and trust me there will only be one F2P account per MAC ADDRESS. This way father and son can play at same house father subbed and kid F2P or 2 F2P siblings at same house just 2 different computers. Lets just hope that kids who SHARE ONE computer but want different accounts dont try to play cause it wont work I hope...

Bioware has no idea what the MAC is on my network card. All they see is my IP period. You have no idea what you are talking about. Also I can spoof my mac address anyways so it would be pointless if it even worked like that (which is doesnt).

Just limit crew skills to 200 or 300 on free accounts (the current free trial accounts have a limit). Free accounts will only have limited access to the GTN anyway.

You wont put the stuff up on the alt account.

There will be paid accounts used , free accounts will simply be farmers and mules.

If they do not gate crafting in some way what little economy we have is gone.

Please don't base your dislike of the F2P model on someone else's hair-brained ideas and speculation. Most of what he is complaining about will almost surely never come to pass.

BioWare DOES have an economic management team watching over the system and I'm quite sure they're looking out for gold farmers and the like, and even build in heuristics in their analyses to figure out when it's happening.

It'll only not come to pass if Bioware EA does something to stop it (much like playing all stories for few by running several F2P accounts).