Unlocking companion +10 presence legacy bonus

Kytea

Hi

On my second char, a level 41 gunslinger, I have two companions maxed at 10 000 affection.

However, the +10 legacy presence bonus isn't unlocked.

There is no companion mission in my mission log.

I assume it's because my character needs to progress in order to trigger the final companion missions.

How far will I have to progress to unlock those +10s? I assume it's related to chapters?

Thanks

Hi

On my second char, a level 41 gunslinger, I have two companions maxed at 10 000 affection.

However, the +10 legacy presence bonus isn't unlocked.

There is no companion mission in my mission log.

I assume it's because my character needs to progress in order to trigger the final companion missions.

How far will I have to progress to unlock those +10s? I assume it's related to chapters?

Thanks

You companions need to finish their story which is tied to the progession of yours. It's different for each class and companion.Generally it's at the end of your chapters that significant conversations occur.

Getting them to a large amount of affection is one piece of unlocking them, the other is where you are in your story. Since they are at max affection, when you hit the triggering events, you'll have all their conversations queued up. BTW max affection is not required, one on my companions hit the unlock in the low 9000's

You companions need to finish their story which is tied to the progession of yours. It's different for each class and companion.Generally it's at the end of your chapters that significant conversations occur.

Getting them to a large amount of affection is one piece of unlocking them, the other is where you are in your story. Since they are at max affection, when you hit the triggering events, you'll have all their conversations queued up. BTW max affection is not required, one on my companions hit the unlock in the low 9000's

QFT

Got Malavai Quinn's bonus when he was at like 9200, but I have finished chapter 3 long before.

I finished chapter 2 (to unlock the legacy buff)

Will I have to finish "all" my class chapters to unlock the companions +10 presence bonuses?

Not your entire story - usually just Chapter 2.

I finished chapter 2 (to unlock the legacy buff)

Will I have to finish "all" my class chapters to unlock the companions +10 presence bonuses?

Some companion conversations are tied to specific events on your class story. You won't get them until you have progressed to that point, and then only if your affection level is high enough.

And they are sequenced. Meaning, you can't progress to convo x, y and z until you unlock and complete v, which is tied to some event in your story. I've had this happen a few times where I get several conversations in a row.

• 1 month later...

Just an update

I've got 19 / 20 companions with the +10 presence bonus unlocked in my legacy

Most companions unlock at around 9000 affection and chapter 2 (level 39-40-41-ish) on the character

One companion per character seemed to require to go further (even if at 10k maxed affection) in the character story and then all of a sudden a series of convos would take place and then the companion would give the +10 presence bonus.

Having 8 50s and all companions' legacy bonuses unlocked, I can tell you

Companion quests get unlocked when two conditions are met:

1. When you have passed the required affection level

2. When you are beyond class quest chapter endings

10k affection on level 1 will only get you so far in the companion quests. Then when you complete a class chapter (1&2), BOOM, more companions quests will unlock. If you are past chapter two, and have maximum affection, and can complete the quests (some make you do things like go to Hoth and save Aric Jorgan's deadbeat, er deadeyes, buddies), then the legacy bonus is unlocked. They all seem to give you some sappy "Oh, I'll be there for your children" quest or "I'm your buddy for life" drama as their last quest. So if you had that, and your not yet at 10k and wondering where that last quest is, you've probably already had it and didn't realize it.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/republicconvotriggers1.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/empireconvotriggers2.jpg

you need to have Act 2 done. kira for JK requires act 3 done however, i think a couple others may also require further progression than act 2.

I have the following done:

40 Imperial Agent 5

50 Sith Inquisitor 5

39 Bounty Hunter 5

35 Smuggler 5

34 Jedi Knight 4 (kira's not done as discussed earlier)

They all seem to give you some sappy "Oh, I'll be there for your children" quest or "I'm your buddy for life" drama as their last quest.

Another cue that you're done with a companion story: the melodramatic music immediately following the final conversation ;)

Edited by thatghost

It's pretty much been explained above ^ but the +10 bonus happens after the last conversation, not when the affection level reaches maximum.

Some conversations are locked until Chapter 3.

I had actually gotten all of my Gunslinger companions affection up to 10,000 with gifts before I hit Chapter 3. As soon as I did, it unlocked the remaining conversations for everyone. I spent about 15 minutes talking to everyone on my ship. :) Gained about 1.5 levels worth of xp just talking. Then I got the +10 presence on all of them but Corso (who needed to do a real-world quest to advance).

• 3 weeks later...
Just an update

I've got 19 / 20 companions with the +10 presence bonus unlocked in my legacy

I finished the 20th. It was Kira.

Basically I had to finish the Jedi Knight Chapter 3 storyline quest (which is the last one) then Kira talked to me.

My character now stand at 565 presence (with no presence buff or stim).