• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last sequence felt very

Inception-esque.

I love it! But then again, I seem to like Quinn in all his various forms XD

QUINNCEPTION! BWAAAAAAAAAAM BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Sorry, had to. :3

Edited by irishfino

Nice. Though I would advise Quinn to never back down from a stated promise to walk out for a moment and kick a Bantha bucket across the yard. I'm just sayin... :D Edited by Reil

Nice. Though I would advise Quinn to never back down from a stated promise to walk out for a moment and kick a Bantha bucket across the yard. I'm just sayin... :D

He was totally going to storm out like a boss... theeeen he changed his mind and starting screaming instead. Iunno, writing is weird.

Quinn sat next to his grandfather, his elbows resting on his knees, his face in his hands. It had taken several hours for Barnabus to explain matters from his point of view. He felt numb. All the things he had believed growing up, the price he had paid to be experimented on… it was overwhelming. And he was alone. He straightened in his seat, keeping his eyes downcast from his grandfather and grabbed his blaster. Barnabus panicked for a moment, thinking the worst, hoping for the best and watched as his grandson flipped the blaster this way and that as he mentally calculated the weight. He re-holstered it without a word then resumed his previous position. It was real. Everything was real. Everything was happening. Everything had happened.

Barnabus laid a fortifying hand on the top of Quinn’s head. The younger man flinched violently at the sudden contact. Barnabus withdrew his hand quickly.

“I should have left when I had the chance,” Quinn muttered into his hands.

“I’m sorry, Malavai,” Barnabus said quietly.

Quinn jumped at the sound of his grandfather’s voice. He sat back in his chair limply, letting his hands fall to his lap, and staring at the far wall. He couldn’t focus on anything. The wall was there, but was it really there? Was the wall really what he thought the wall to be? He lost himself in his thoughts. Barnabus grabbed his personal holo comm from his nightstand drawer and called Jaesa. Her miniature blue form popped up immediately. She could tell from the worried look on Barnabus’ face that something was wrong. She rushed back as quickly as her legs could carry her.

When she arrived, Quinn was sitting in the same position, staring blankly at the far wall. She slowly approached him and knelt at his side.

“Captain?” she ventured softly.

He blinked, but otherwise did not acknowledge her presence.

“Quinn?” she tried again. Another blink. “Malavai?” His lids fluttered as he came out of his trance. He slowly turned his head to her and blinked as he tried to refocus.

“Mala-”

“No,” he said roughly. “You no longer have the right to call me that.”

“I’m so-”

“No.”

“But I –”

“NO!” he bellowed, his face pinched with rage.

Jaesa gasped and fell backwards. He bared his teeth at her briefly before turning his attentions back to the far wall. Slowly, his thoughts slipped away to another time and he was gone.

“How long as he been like this?” Jaesa asked from the floor. Barnabus waved her up and patted the spot next to him on the bed, away from the entranced Quinn. She moved very slowly so not to draw Quinn’s attention from the wall, but he didn’t register her at all.

“For a while,” Barnabus said thickly. “Why did you leave?”

“I – I don’t know,” she said quietly.

Barnabus grabbed one of her hands and held it between both of his. “The Watcher in him is processing the data and reconciling with known variables. The man in him is reexamining his entire life.”

“What happens if he can’t reconcile the data?” she asked quietly.

“He’ll die.”

Jaesa and Barnabus watched as Quinn’s eyes began rapidly moving back and forth. He tilted his head and began mouthing words quickly. Barnabus could read lips, but none of what Quinn was mouthing made any sense. Something about a Darth, his mother, forced Force sensitivity, pain, dreams, failure, ninety seven percent. Quinn’s eyelids began fluttering and his mouth stopped moving. Blood slowly leaked from both nostrils. His head bobbed back and forth before finally falling back. His body slumped inelegantly in his chair and his arms hung limply at the shoulder.

“Malavai?” Barnabus said quietly. When he received no response, he began to panic. “Malavai!”

Jaesa quickly moved to Quinn’s side and searched him for a pulse. She didn’t find one and muttered “No” over and over again as she shook him. Barnabus watched helplessly from his bed as Jaesa hugged herself to Quinn’s limp form and cried great heaving sobs. She shouldn’t have left. She left him alone and now he was gone.

Thump.

Jaesa sniffed loudly and lifted her head from his chest. She noticed the considerable wet spot her tears and mucus left and tried to remove it with the sleeve of her robes. He would have grumbled at her and suggested she pay the cleaning fees, but ultimately let her off the hook. She smiled a sad smile and stopped her futile efforts.

Th-thump.

She stood and held his face tenderly between her hands. His ever-present scruff tickled at her palms.

“I’m sorry,” she murmured.

She leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on his forehead.

Thump-thump.

“He couldn’t reconcile the data,” Barnabus said quietly. “He – he couldn’t… my grandson – I – I – oh stars,” he sobbed. “I killed him. I killed my grandson.” She watched helplessly as Barnabus was taken by sobs.

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Gasp.

Quinn’s still form violently came to life as he coughed and gasped for breath. Jaesa jumped back, nearly tripping over her own feet. Barnabus jumped so high he nearly fell from the bed. Quinn hunched in his chair and coughed into his hands. Then, slowly, he turned his head toward Jaesa.

“Jaesa?” Quinn asked throatily as he regained his bearings. “You came back?”

“Yes,” she sobbed pitifully. “Yes.” She dove at him then, embedding herself in his side. He grunted from the force of her attack, but placed an arm around her gently.

“What did you see? Where did you go? Are you alright?” Barnabus asked in a rush. His bouncy childishness returned as quickly as breath had into Quinn’s lungs.

Quinn coughed roughly. “I saw them, grandfather.”

“Saw who?” Barnabus asked quietly.

“Them,” he enunciated.

“You spoke with them? Did they say anything? Where were they? Where did you go?” Barnabus asked quickly.

Quinn brought the back of his hand to his nose and wiped off a bit of blood. “Can we talk about this tomorrow?” he asked quietly.

“Yes,” Barnabus breathed. “Yes, yes of course, my boy! Can the two of you make it to the couch okay?”

“I’m stronger than I look,” Jaesa said lightly as she peeled herself reluctantly from Quinn’s side and stood. “Let’s get you cleaned up.”

“Mm, I don’t want to stand yet,” Quinn said quietly.

“I’ll get a bowl and cloth.”

Jaesa quickly left the room for the refresher. Quinn and Barnabus sat in silence for a few long moments.

“I know, grandfather,” Quinn said quietly. Barnabus arched an eyebrow. “I know,” he enunciated slowly. He narrowed his eyes at his grandfather.

Realization slowly dawned on the old man, but before he could speak Jaesa reentered the room with the promised bowl and cloth to clean Quinn of blood and tears.

“Let’s move to the couch,” Quinn said softly. Jaesa nodded and moved to set the bowl on the floor. Quinn motioned for her to stop and slowly pulled himself to his feet. He waved her to the couch and followed her with slow, shuffling steps. Jaesa set the bowl onto the small table next to the couch and helped Quinn sit down.

“I’d like to lie down,” he said quietly. Jaesa nodded and grabbed a pillow to place behind his head. He thanked her quietly and lay down slowly. He sighed happily and placed his forearm over his eyes to keep the light out. Jaesa dipped the small cloth into the warm water and gently wiped the blood from Quinn’s face.

“Jaesa?” Quinn asked quietly.

“Yes, it’s me,” she said as she gently cleaned his face.

“Why did you leave?”

“I don’t like family conflicts,” she said quietly. She switched to a clean end of the cloth and began dabbing at the tear stain she had left on his uniform. “When Nomen Karr approached my family about training me as a Jedi, my mother was very upset. She and my father fought for weeks, even after I had already left. They nearly separated over it. I was able to convince them that I was happy and that things were going well and that I would return soon, but… it almost tore them apart. So I avoid family related conflicts.”

“Mmm…”

“Are you okay?”

“I am as far from okay as I have ever been.”

“What can I do to help?” she asked softly.

“Help me remove my boots and jacket then let me sleep.”

She quickly removed his boots and set them at the end of the couch. While she worked on his boots, he worked on his jacket, sitting up just long enough to remove it and hand it to her. She folded it and placed it on top of his boots then turned back to him. She gasped loudly and covered her mouth. He was missing his undershirt, a fact he realized once she gasped and tried to hide her shock. He stared at her, still propped on his elbows.

“Are those lightsaber burns?” she asked quietly.

He nodded and swallowed nervously. She reached a small hand toward his chest and touched the jagged scar that went from his right shoulder across his chest and down around his back. He inhaled sharply at her soft touch as she traced the edges. She reached the middle of his chest before he grabbed her hand and stopped her. He made small circles in the palm of her hand with the pad of his thumb.

“You – you should rest,” Jaesa said nervously.

“Mm,” he murmured in agreement. “Will you be here when I wake up?”

“Of course,” she breathed. “Of course.”

He nodded to himself then settled back into the couch. He did not relinquish his hold on her hand and she was glad.

Edited by irishfino

In which the darkness is explored...

Jaesa found herself standing in a dark room. She didn’t remember how she got there or where she was exactly, but she knew she was safe. She walked around for a while, but stopped after she made no progress. There was nothing here, but darkness. She decided to rest for a bit and sat down. She closed her eyes and tried to remember how she got there.

“What’cha doin’?” asked a child’s voice.

Jaesa shrieked and opened her eyes. Before her stood a small boy not much older than four dressed in grey pajamas and staring at her with wide blue eyes.

“Captain?” she asked uncertainly.

“He’s not here right now!” the boy piped happily. “IIIIIII’m Malavaaaaai!”

“Well, hello there, Malavai,” Jaesa giggled. “Do you know where the Captain is?”

“Yep!”

“Can you show me?”

“Hmmm!” The small boy held his chin in his hands and studied her with a critical eye. She seemed nice enough. “Okay, sure!”

He held out his hand expectantly and tapped his foot while Jaesa stood and straightened her robes. She grabbed his small hand and followed the little Malavai’s quick steps. The scenery before her changed dramatically as the little Malavai guided her around. She saw doors, some open, some closed, some bolted shut, and some covered in the flashing red light that indicated explosives. A hallway extended before them and continued on without them. Little Malavai suddenly stopped at a blue door and knocked as hard as his little hand would allow. It slid open with a hiss to reveal a control center. Consoles lined the walls and small screens flashed with scenes she couldn’t put to words. In the middle of the room sat the Captain. He swiveled this way and that in his chair monitoring the screens and inputting data into his datapad.

“I’ve told you not to bother me during this time, young Malavai,” the Captain said stiffly.

“I brought a lady!” young Malavai said happily.

The Captain spun in his chair toward the door and looked up from his datapad. He removed his head’s up display and eyed Jaesa wearily.

“Why did you bring her here?” the Captain asked crossly.

“She said she was looking for the Captain, you’re the Captain,” the little boy huffed.

“Did you let her in?”

“Noooope! She showed up in the dark atrium.”

“Ah,” the Captain said quietly. “Very well, you can go back to playing now.”

“Yaaaaaaaaaay!!” the little boy shouted. He turned and ran happily down the hall. Jaesa lost sight of him barely a second later.

She turned to the man in the center of the room to find him suddenly in front of her, standing at parade rest as he stared down at her. He was dressed in his usual Imperial greys, his hair perfectly styled. She studied him for a moment too long and he made a frustrated motion. She took a step back. He silently stepped into the hall and pressed a button on the small panel near the door. It hissed and clicked as it slid shut and locked.

“Come,” he said stiffly.

“Where are we?” Jaesa asked as she fell into step beside him.

“You just saw me as a small child running about willy nilly then speaking to my adult form. Where do you think we are?”

“An alternate reality where you are super adorable?” she asked lightly.

“I was not adorable,” he grumbled.

“Those big blue eyes beg to differ,” she giggled.

He huffed and stopped his quick pace. She stopped a few steps ahead of him and turned back to face him. He pointed to one of the doors lining the walls then slipped into parade rest. At his impatient look, she took a step toward the door and leaned in for a closer look.

“’Memories of Mother’,” she read unsteadily. “Memories?” He nodded sharply. “We’re… in your head? How is that possible? Where are our bodies?” she asked in a rush.

He held up his hand to stop her. “For all intents and purposes, we are still on Tatooine. I can only imagine you arrived here the same way you invaded one of my dreams prior to this.”

Jaesa bristled angrily. “Hey, that was my dream! You were never on Corellia with us. You invaded my dream. Not the other way around!”

He squinted at her then turned on his heel and continued down the long hallway. Jaesa huffed and ran after him. Behind them, the darkness swallowed up the area they were previously occupying.

Edited by irishfino

I have never had enough interest in anything to want to subscribe but damn, this was a very good read. I must admit that I am a little put off that you ended the days writing as you did considering the moment, but non the less, fantastic.

Please continue the story soon!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's just mean, stopping where you did...... /pouts /goes off to play with little Quinn.

*whistles innocently*

I have never had enough interest in anything to want to subscribe but damn, this was a very good read. I must admit that I am a little put off that you ended the days writing as you did considering the moment, but non the less, fantastic.

Please continue the story soon!!!!!!!!!!

I continue to write throughout the day. The problem is, I hand write most of my stories then type them up later. This does help me get some cobwebs out and get things back on track when my mind goes crazy with possible plot directions. I'll usually update around the same time I respond to comments about the latest installment.

I'm glad my brain goo is good enough to subscribe to!

Thanks for reading everyone! Yes, even you, lurkers. I see you. You can't hide.

He led her to a non-descript grey door and pressed out a quick pattern on the input pad next to it. The door slid open with a hiss and he waved her in. He followed her, stopping barely a foot behind her and assumed parade rest while she examined her surroundings. They were in a large bedroom, a bed the size of a small pool took up the center position. A young version of Quinn stepped into the room, giggling quietly and darted under the bed. The current version of Quinn quietly followed and lifted up the sheet. Jaesa took the hint and squeezed the under bed. The young version of him under the bed slowly molded into the current version and waited.

Two sets of feet entered from the door, but they were not part of young Malavai’s game. They were arguing indistinctly until one of them was lifted off the ground with an argument ending Force choke. The young Malavai that had disappeared in the Captain reappeared and rolled from under the bed.

“Father, what are you doing!?” the small boy shrieked.

Jaesa lifted the skirting around the bed in time to see the young boy flung across the room by an invisible force. He bounced off a far wall and hit the floor with a thud. There was a loud snap! followed by a body hitting the floor. The young Malavai across the room ran to the body and shook it feebly.

“Get up,” he said quietly. “Mother… please… get up.”

“She’s dead, boy,” his father said harshly.

“But… but why?” the boy sobbed.

“Quit your pathetic sniveling or you’re next.”

The boy obediently stopped crying except for a few sniffles here and there. The Captain wiggled his way from under the bed and scooped the small boy up, heading for the door they entered the memory in.

“Warn me next time,” the boy said into his chest.

“Sorry,” the Captain mumbled as he held the boy tightly.

Jaesa quickly scooted from under the bed and followed the two Quinns to their next stop. The young Malavai snuggled deeper into the Captain’s chest when Jaesa looked at him.

“When I was a girl I witnessed a political assassination,” she said conversationally.

Young Malavai peeked at her, but said nothing.

“It was a young noble, an Organa I think. She can’t have been much older than twelve,” she said quietly. “An assassin from House Rist was the one to carry out the deed. The assassin was either sloppy or just didn’t see me, but I lived to report it. The sad thing is… I reported it to her mother and she…”

“The Republic seems to think it is superior to the Empire because they keep their brutality behind closed doors,” the Captain said stoically.

“What did her mother do?” the boy asked in a small voice.

“She was the one who ordered it,” Jaesa said quietly.

“Do you want a hug?” young Malavai asked, leaning his small body toward her.

“I’d love a hug,” she smiled. The boy all, but scrambled from Quinn’s arms and into Jaesa’s. She shot a look to Quinn that said “And you said you weren’t adorable”. He shot a look back that said “Hmmph”. They walked in silence toward another wing of doors. The Captain came to a halt in front of a door labeled “Teala”.

“Young Malavai,” the Captain said gently.

The young boy rolled his eyes and jumped from Jaesa’s arms. “I know, I know. Adult stuff,” he huffed. “I’m just a shout away, pretty lady.” He gave Jaesa an over-exaggerated wink then ran off, quickly fading into nothing.

“This is the strangest place I have ever been,” Jaesa said to herself.

“The human mind is a strange thing,” the Captain said stiffly. “Come, there’s something you need to see.”

“You don’t have to show me this if you don’t want to,” she said hesitantly.

“It’s better than trying to explain it.”

“Alright then.”

They emerged a short time later. Jaesa was visibly uncomfortable, but Quinn was less so. They started down the hall toward another memory.

“That’s not common, is it?” she asked quietly.

He cleared his throat roughly. “It wasn’t for me before, as you saw on Dromund Kaas,” he said stiffly.

“I – uh – did notice something,” she said nervously.

He continued his fast pace.

“You – uh – well there’s some… uh,” she sputtered.

“Yes, there is scar tissue there. That isn’t the issue, however,” he said stiffly.

“You know what it is then?”

“Yes.”

“Are you going to tell me?”

“Not a chance in hell,” he muttered.

She smiled and let silence descend between them.

Edited by irishfino

Wow, three thousand views! I'm shocked. I'm amazed. I'm... dancing! To celebrate, here's a slightly longer installment that will wrap up the being in Quinn's head line. For now.

They continued down the hall in relatively comfortable silence when a door caught Jaesa’s eye. It was glowing with a faint white light and was labeled “Jaesa”. Curiosity peaked, she moved toward it. The Captain noticed she was gone after a short moment and backtracked as quickly as he could.

She found herself in a room filled with more doors, but she was drawn to one in particular at the end of the hall. It slid open as she approached it. She moved to step in when the Captain grabbed her arm and pulled her away.

“This is mine,” he said gruffly.

“It’s mine too,” she argued.

After a brief staring contest, he released her arm reluctantly. She stepped into the memory slowly and felt the calm of the light side swirling around her. The room itself was white and warm. Another Quinn sat in the middle of the floor his legs crossed in front of him. Across from him, a version of herself sat with her legs crossed holding Quinn’s hands in hers. She pulled the light side of the Force through her and into Quinn’s hands. Her eyes were closed as she concentrated, but the Quinn across from her was openly staring at her with amazement.

“Is this what is feels like to you?” she asked breathlessly.

“Yes,” he said quietly.

“Wow.”

“Quite.”

She backed out of the room and watched as her copy opened her eyes and smiled gently at Quinn. He smiled back, his face lighting up handsomely. She didn’t remember that part, but she committed the look on his face to memory. The Captain slammed his hand angrily on the panel near the door, but the door refused to close at his command. He cursed under his breath and pulled her away roughly. Finally, the door slid shut, the aura that had drawn her to it slowly fading away. She turned her attention to another door. At her glance, this one slid open as well.

“Stop doing that!” the Captain muttered angrily.

“I’m not doing anything,” she said defensively.

“Not you.”

She arched an eyebrow at him then turned her attentions back to the open door. What she saw inside gave her quite a shock. The Captain cursed again and slammed his palm down on the console nearby. The door hissed shut quickly and a significant amount of locks appeared all over the door.

“Was that what I think it was?” Jaesa asked lightly.

“No,” he grunted unhappily.

“I’m pretty sure it was.”

“You’re seeing things.”

“If it wasn’t what I thought it was, why are you being so defensive?”

He opened his mouth to respond then closed it when nothing came to mind. She smiled beautifully and he scowled as hard as he could. He turned on his heel and stalked away as she openly giggled at his anger. As they left the “Jaesa” room, young Malavai materialized behind them grinning mischievously. Too easy.

“So,” she hedged as they walked in silence side by side. “You wanna talk about that back there?”

“Not particularly,” he grumbled.

“I’ll start then!” she said happily.

“Please don’t.”

“Fine,” she huffed. She waited a tick. “I really am that flexible by the way.”

“Do-” he started. “Wait, what?”

“Nothing,” she said lightly, skipping ahead of him.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she was flirting with me,” he muttered to himself.

Young Malavai appeared next to him. “She totally is!” he said in a stage whisper.

The Captain glared down at his younger form. “What would you know?”

Young Malavai stuck his tongue out at him and stamped his foot. A female scream interrupted their showdown. He had found her. Panic gripped the Captain’s heart.

“I need you to find her as quickly as possible!” he said hurriedly.

Young Malavai saluted then darted off, the Captain following him quickly.

Jaesa stood before a darkened doorway. The man inside stepped through the doorway silently. He was dressed smartly in all black and easily slipped into parade rest. He was another version of the Captain. Dark wisps of smoke licked at his form and reached for her in smoky tendrils. She felt hopelessness sink into her very soul as the darkness took hold of her small frame. She opened her mouth to speak, but the darkness seeping from the dark Quinn forced its way down her throat. He smirked cruelly as she struggled for breath.

This wasn’t right. This wasn’t him. He wasn’t this dark. Slowly, the light within her spread from her core and to her limbs, banishing the dark taint with it. The dark Quinn hissed angrily and reached across his waist for his blaster, but it wasn’t a blaster he held in his hands. She reached for her saber to combat him, but found herself weaponless. He flashed his teeth in triumph and ignited the lightsaber in his hand. The red blade hissed to life and hummed threateningly. With his free hand, he made a slashing motion across his throat with his thumb. A feral grinned crossed his features as he gripped the saber in both hands and prepared to strike.

“Malavai!” the Captain yelled, sliding to his knees on the floor.

“Right!” the young boy shouted.

The young boy jumped onto the Captain’s back and used him as a ramp to spring forward, launching himself at the dark Quinn. Gathering as much strength as his small body could muster, he brought his small hands together then thrust them forward.

“Too late,” dark Quinn hissed as his blade struck true.

Young Malavai screamed in frustration and unleashed, sending dark Quinn spiraling back into his room. With his remaining strength, the young boy made quick work of the door, lifting the chains with an invisible force and resealing the door. The dark Quinn inside bellowed his frustration and pounded at the door angrily.

The Captain scrambled from the floor and ran full tilt to where Jaesa had fallen. Her chest was slashed open and her breathing shallow. She looked at him with half open eyes.

“There is no death, there is only the Force,” she recited quietly.

“No,” the Captain said firmly. “You will not die here! I can’t bring you back if you do!”

Her eyelids began fluttering closed. He shook her desperately. “Jaesa… Jaesa, no.”

Young Malavai placed a small hand on the door then one on the Captain’s shoulder.

“I’ll be the conduit. I can hold it for a while,” he explained quietly.

“Yes. Yes! An excellent idea!” the Captain muttered excitedly.

“We are one,” the boy said sagely.

The Captain gathered Jaesa into his arms and focused. He could feel young Malavai pulling at dark Quinn, pulling some of his power away and channeling it into something more pure. The Captain channeled it into a healing form as best he could, but a Force-blind interacting directly with the Force had detrimental effects on the Force-blind. The ground beneath them began to quake and dust shook itself loose from the ceiling.

“Captain?” young Malavai asked softly.

“A-almost,” the Captain whispered.

“You’re coming apart…”

“I can always rematerialize. She can’t… she’s almost strong enough… just a little more…”

A thunderous crack sounded in the distance and the Captain groaned in pain.

“Captain?” Jaesa asked quietly.

“Malavai, get her to the atrium. Get her out of here,” the Captain said stiffly.

Young Malavai saluted dutifully and tugged at Jaesa’s sleeve. “It’s this way,” he said, pointing into the distance. She slowly made her way to her feet. Once he was sure she would be fine, the Captain collapsed into a heap before melting away.

“Where did he go?” Jaesa asked as young Malavai guided her toward the exit.

“Where he always goes to rest: the control center. He may not be himself for a few days so be nice,” he lectured. “And don’t let Barnabus talk to him alone anymore. That man is incredibly dangerous.”

“Thank you for the warning,” she said quietly.

Soon they returned to the dark room young Malavai had found her in. She knelt down and placed a kiss on the young boy’s cheek.

“Take care of the Captain, won’t you?” she asked sweetly.

He pressed a small hand to his cheek and blushed an adorable pink. He bowed politely as she stood. She turned toward the darkness and walked forward with purpose. A small, lit doorway appeared before her.

“Word of advice,” young Malavai shouted, “give him chocolates! He loves chocolate!”

She turned to thank him, but he was gone. With a small sigh she stepped through the doorway and back into her own body.

Edited by irishfino

Quinn was kneeling near where Jaesa’s head rested on a pillow, holding her hand in his when she awakened. Sometime during their adventure they had switched places and she was now on the couch. Quinn had his head down as if he were sleeping. She blinked a few times to clear her vision. She turned her head a fraction of an inch then flinched in pain. Her head pounded an angry beat against her skull. She groaned softly. Quinn’s head snapped up, his blue eyes focusing on her quickly. She moved her free hand to point at her head. He nodded in understanding and pulled a small syringe from a nearby medkit. He placed it behind her ear and injected the contents. Almost immediately, the pain in her head lessened to tolerable levels.

“Where’s Barnabus?” Jaesa asked quietly.

“In bed like always,” he responded. “Are you alright?”

His voice was edged with concern though his face remained that impassive mask she was used to. She smiled and answered in the affirmative. He nodded briefly. She stared at him for a long moment. He looked away, unable to maintain eye contact and brushed a bit of dust from his pants. Whether the dust was there or not, she wasn’t sure, but the gesture pleased her in a strange way. So Quinn. She noticed, a bit unhappily, had he had found a spare undershirt. She had wanted to examine his scars a bit more.

“That dark man, in the last room, who was that?” she asked quietly. She started to sit up, making it to her elbows before Quinn pressed a hand to her shoulder and guided her back down.

“If you stand now, you’ll vomit,” he explained gently.

“Who was that man?” she asked insistently.

“Who do you think it was?” he asked quietly.

She sighed and thought hard. That man was obviously Sith, but he had Quinn’s face and body. It was obviously a part of Quinn, something repressed and hidden. Something he didn’t have full control over. Something primal. The dark Quinn also had a certain feel to him, something she had felt before on Korriban. In the Dark Council’s presence. Was his father a high ranking Sith Lord? He felt familiar. Very, very familiar. Then, at once, she knew. She stared at Quinn’s profile for a long moment and waited. He glanced at her briefly then nodded. She snatched her hand from his and scrambled to leave his presence. As soon as she had made it to her feet, she vomited as Quinn had warned. It didn’t stop her from running out the door to the outside world and disappearing.

Quinn sighed quietly. He knew she would react that way. Perhaps too much had happened in such a short time. Perhaps she would have reacted the same way regardless. He busied himself with cleaning her vomit from the dust caked floor.

“Where did Miss Jaesa run off to?” Barnabus asked from his bed.

Quinn stood with the bowl in hand and left for the kitchen. He returned quickly and took a seat next to Barnabus.

“After your little mind trick, she was pulled in,” Quinn explained harshly. “She encountered the fruit of your labor and has ascertained, correctly, my parentage.”

Barnabus turned a shade paler and swallowed. “You have to understand lad –”

“Enough of your lies!” Quinn hissed angrily. “I saw them. I spoke with them. I know what you’ve done.”

Barnabus smiled nervously and tried to form a coherent sentence, but the sheer force of Quinn’s glare was pushing down on him. He faltered and finally stopped trying to lie.

“The experiment was profitable for the Empire,” the old man said reluctantly. “If we could create Force sensitives, we could easily defeat the Republic! We would overwhelm them with sheer numbers. I could see the Republic crumble in my lifetime! It was a glorious goal.”

“And all it cost was one life in the attempt to achieve,” Quinn said with deadly calm.

“One life to perfect the process to conquer the entire Republic? A small cost. A small cost.”

“Except I survived.”

“Yes,” Barnabus murmured. “That was unexpected. You were unstable, horribly so. So we injected you with the serum to lock away those memories, lock away that side of you.”

“He’s the three percent,” Quinn said angrily.

“Yes,” Barnabus whispered.

“I should end you,” Quinn snarled, rocketing to his feet. Barnabus nodded then closed his eyes. “But I think leaving you to your fate is just desserts,” he hissed coldly. “Don’t contact me again." He paused a beat. "Or I will kill you.”

“Malav –” Barnabus started.

No!” Quinn yelled harshly. “You no longer have the right!”

Quinn turned on his heel, grabbed his jacket from the couch, and left as quickly as he could. The twin suns blinded him, but he was beyond caring. He needed to get back to the ship, to get back to Jaesa and try to mend things. First, he needed to stop at the Cantina to speak with Teala. He wasn’t looking forward to it, but Malavai Quinn left no end frayed out of fear for the repercussions.

Edited by irishfino

Officially subscribed just found the button. Great work! This is a very bit more emotionally indepth Jeasa and this Quinn is very interesting. I have grown to disdain Bioware's lack of giving us the content they are good at! The STORY! These fan fictions are great.

I can beat that with a sub and bookmark!:D great work on this Irishfino!:) I'm just sorry I didn't get to this before... Darn school.

Muahahahahahaahahaahaaah! Glad you're enjoying this. :D

Officially subscribed just found the button. Great work! This is a very bit more emotionally indepth Jeasa and this Quinn is very interesting. I have grown to disdain Bioware's lack of giving us the content they are good at! The STORY! These fan fictions are great.

:D. I like exploring the unknowns on characters. Glad you find this Quinn interesting... I wish game Quinn had a bit more depth to him, but what can you do? (Other than write about it, lol).

Pierce didn’t know what hit him. Literally. He had no idea what the hell kind of trick Quinn just pulled, but he found himself flat on his back staring at the ceiling of the hangar bay. Quinn stepped over his prey and smirked. The Captain had always wanted to lay that bastard flat. If only he’d given up control earlier he could’ve had the satisfaction sooner. Quinn stalked up the ramp to the Wrath’s Angry Fury (Redundant stupidity, thy name is Syla) and made his way onboard. Syla was waiting for him just beyond the airlock with her lightsaber drawn. She hadn’t activated it yet, he saw her finger at the ready.

“Ah, the rest of the welcoming party,” he chuckled. He extended his hands mockingly. “What, no hug?”

Syla activated her saber wordlessly. She charged him and he waited, his arms still outstretched. Faster than should have been normal, he grabbed her saber hand, wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her flush against him. Her saber hissed as he deactivated it with a flick of his finger. She bared her teeth at him, but his mocking smile was firmly in place.

“Much better,” he purred.

She struggled in his firm grip, but he held her steady. She looked up at him, red filling her vision when she locked onto his eyes. They weren’t his normal blue color. They were orange. Sith orange. He was no Sith, he had no powers! The grin on his face spread as if he were reading her thoughts.

“Do you know nothing about your crew?” he asked mockingly. He tugged her saber from her hands and tossed it to the side. She bared her teeth at him as he began dancing around the ship with her. “What? Didn’t you know I am a trained ballroom dancer?”

“Who are you?” she growled menacingly.

He grin widened impossibly. “My dear, you’ve forgotten me already?” He tsked several times. “A shame. A shame.”

“I’ll ask you one more time before I choke you to death: Who. Are. You?”

He chuckled under his breath and continued dancing. She was keeping up with him quite well under the circumstances. “I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count,” he said lightly.

She snatched her hand away and raised it in a Force choke. He blew on her hand and her power dissipated immediately. He smirked cruelly at the confused look that passed her features before it was replaced with outright rage. She was so pretty when she was angry. She was snarling something at him, but he wasn’t paying attention to the words, just the way her mouth curled when she was furious and too weak to defend herself. A Sith Lord, powerless to stop a mere Imperial. Ah, but he was no mere Imperial any longer. He was finally unleashed. He had finally broken the chains of repression the Captain had clung to so fiercely. The Sith Lord in his arms finally stopped spitting and cursing at him and he grinned. He slowly moved his head until their noses were side by side.

“My Lord,” he said mockingly, “how long have you desired to be in this position?” He swept her legs from under her. He followed her to the floor, pressing her down with his weight. “Or this one?” With a snarl, she flipped him onto his back. Hovering over him, she raised her fist into the air, ready to strike. “Or this one? I rather like this one,” he hissed. She punched him in the jaw. His head snapped to the side. He grunted angrily and spat out a wad of saliva tinged red with blood. She was still playing hard to get.

“I feel like hitting you again,” Syla said angrily. “I might knock out a few teeth.” She drew her arm back to strike when she found herself on her back, by herself, across the galley. The orange eyed Quinn quickly rose to his feet and dusted off his uniform. Something the two had in common: a nice, neat, clean look.

“That was fun,” he said happily. “Now, where is Jaesa? I must speak with her.”

Syla held out her hand and waited patiently for her saber to return to her. It wobbled as if uncertain then flew into her outstretched hand. Her grip on the Force was strained in the presence of this man. What was he? Who was he? He stalked toward her. She jumped to her feet and flicked the switch on her saber. It didn’t react. She flicked it again, harder this time, but it hung impotently in her hands.

“How’s it feel?” Quinn asked angrily. “Trying to flip a switch, knowing nothing will bring that spark back?”

He brought their noses together, his orange eyes focusing on hers. Rage. Nothing but rage swirled in them. Syla swallowed. She had to hold the stare. One flicker of weakness and this… Quinn would eat her alive.

“I could block your,” he paused, “performance,” he purred, caressing the word suggestively, “like you’ve done mine. Or. I could take it back. I know how to break your curse.”

Uncertainty flashed in Syla’s eyes for a brief moment. She couldn’t suppress it fast enough. His distressingly cold eyes flashed triumphantly. A cruel grin spread across his features. He lurched forward and claimed her mouth possessively. Syla inhaled sharply. Of all the reactions she was expecting, this was not at the top of her list. Her passiveness allowed him to slip his tongue into her mouth and plunder the depths. Damn him.

He pulled back and grinned cruelly. “That should be enough,” he said lightly. He licked his lips and smiled. “Now, the apprentice, where is she? I have much to discuss with her and little time to do so.”

“I am here,” Jaesa said firmly.

He turned on his heel to face her and smiled. She stood at the ready to attack at a moment’s notice. Always prepared. He loved it. He swaggered toward her arrogantly. She ignited her double-bladed saber and he smirked. He ripped the saber from her grasp and tossed it behind him. She shuddered at the coldness that seeped from his person. Slowly, he stepped forward. The force of him being so close made her step back. He slowly walked her down the hall toward his quarters. That hopeless feeling from their first encounter entered the front of her mind. She just needed to get him away from her Master and things would be fine. When the door to his quarters hissed shut behind him, the dread that filled the room snapped her back into the moment.

“Jaesa,” Quinn hissed, extending the “s” in her name. “You’ve lead me away from your Master thinking it will spare her. It won’t.”

“What have you done with the Captain?” she asked firmly.

He smiled appraisingly. She was… spunky. It was no wonder the Captain was slowly becoming fond of her. He would have to push things.

“Oh, he’s fine,” he said dismissively. “I don’t have much time and I’m sure you have plenty of questions for me. I will answer them honestly for as long as I can.”

He stepped around her and walked to the small desk. He sat down on its surface and waited for her to snap out of her momentary trance. She turned to him slowly, keeping her back to the door. It wasn’t locked, she could run, but running from him didn’t solve anything. It made things worse. It made everything worse. If only she hadn’t run away from Alderaan and stayed safely tucked inside House Organa. If only she hadn’t run from the Sith that hunted her, if she had stayed and fought and died then none of this would be happening. There was no time to live in what ifs; she had to get the Captain back as soon as possible.

“I’d hurry, if I were you,” he said lightly. “Only a few minutes left by my estimate.”

“What was that about? Why did you kiss my Master?” she asked angrier than she had intended. He chuckled openly.

“Ah, yes, that,” he said, amused. “Remember the issue you discovered by watching the memory with Teala in it?” At her nod, he continued. “That was a Force block applied by your Master. Only way to break it was to be sufficiently intimate with her. Next question.”

“What happened to Barnabus?”

“I left him to die. Next question.”

“What?”

“Next question,” Quinn growled impatiently. He was already starting to lose control over the body. If she didn’t hurry he wouldn’t get her to ask the question at the tip of her mind. He wanted so badly to answer it.

“Where’s Teala?” Jaesa asked quickly.

“Snapped her Twi’lek neck,” he said happily. “Next question.”

She shuddered and squeezed her eyes shut. Teala was abrasive, but she was harmless. That poor woman. Quinn chuckled low in his throat.

“Don’t feel sorry for her, she had it coming. Surprised I was the first one to do it. Anyway, next question.”

“Where’s the Captain?” she asked firmly.

Quinn sighed loudly and rolled his eyes. “I said he’s fine. Ask the question you so desperately want the answer to.”

“What’s your favorite color?” she asked stubbornly.

Quinn laughed outright as he pushed himself from the desk. He stalked over to her, his anger rolling from him in large waves. She pressed her back firmly to the door in a bid to melt away. He slammed his hand next to her head and leaned in. The smile on his face did not reach his eyes. There only rage simmered, waiting to reach a boiling temperature. She hung her head to avoid eye contact only to have her chin grabbed roughly and her head raised to his.

“Ask the question,” he said through clenched teeth.

“Is… Is Darth Baras really your father?” she asked quietly.

“There is it,” he said softly. He moved his head toward her shoulder and pressed his lips against her ear. “Yes,” he whispered. Her shudder brought him endless joy. Revulsion, fear, anger, all surrounded her and sought escape. He inhaled deeply. Her emotions were a fine musk and, hm, was that really fear? He darted his tongue out for a taste, purposely hitting the edge of her ear. She shuddered again. No, not fear. Arousal. Interesting. He pushed himself from the door and walked backward toward the bunk.

“Your Captain will return shortly,” he said. He didn’t seem happy about the shift nor was he unhappy. He just was. “Before he returns, I suggest you inform your Master and the Lieutenant of what they experienced. I’m sure they’ll be out for blood.”

He waved her away. She didn’t ask questions. She raised her hand to the door release and backed from the room slowly. When she was clear of the door, she hit a button and it began sliding shut. Just before closing, she risked a glance at the Captain. He was staring at her through half-lidded eyes, smirking that deranged smirk that looked so out of place on him. He treated her to a low chuckle that was cut off by the hiss of the locks engaging. She gathered her robe around her at the sudden chill that shook her form. But it wasn’t fear nipping at her toes. She drew her arms around her tighter and left to check on her Master. Her conflicting emotions could wait. She had damage to control.

Notes:

I'll get back to Quinn's confrontation with Teala and Pierce in the next bit. Promise I didn't skip over it, lol.

Edited by irishfino