What about the 60%?

earthtoearl

EA has stated -

"For players who cancelled their subscriptions, feedback provided as they cancelled indicated that 40% were turned off by the monthly subscription fee."

What about the other 60%???

I for one enjoy the game and hope to play a long time. I probly will keep a Subscription, as long as I get full access to everything and don't have to pay extra for stuff. EXAMPLE: pay $5.00 and purchase this special lightsaber. That kind of stuff led me away from City of Heroes and World of Tanks.

EA has stated -

"For players who cancelled their subscriptions, feedback provided as they cancelled indicated that 40% were turned off by the monthly subscription fee."

I for one enjoy the game and hope to play a long time. I probly will keep a Subscription, as long as I get full access to everything and don't have to pay extra for stuff. EXAMPLE: pay $5.00 and purchase this special lightsaber. That kind of stuff led me away from City of Heroes and World of Tanks.

wait is that real ? ppl playing a mmo with a sub didnt want to pay a sub :eek: and i thought WoW had limited IQ players

Just a guess, but most of the rest probably said it's WoW with lightsabers, not enough content, missing features, or some combination of all the above.

If you dont like lightsabers and spaceships and story then it wasnt the game for you the first place.

wait is that real ? ppl playing a mmo with a sub didnt want to pay a sub :eek: and i thought WoW had limited IQ players

In the days where there's over 100 million MMO players world wide, with less than 20 million subscribers, it's not much of a surprise to see 40% reporting subs as a downside. Or maybe it is, if the surprising element is that 40% is low.

You do realize the 100% is the 100% of people who have QUIT the game. It does NOT factor in anyone STILL PLAYING.

Posts like this are a good example of how our educational system lags behind other countries...

So you can ad 40% + 60% = 100% makes you some kind of genius?

EA has stated -

they werent turned off by the fee. they were turned off by the game itself.

The other 60% are the people who weren't happy with the lack of game options such as World PvP, not that many war zones, lack of free flight space, lack of sandbox elements and the bugs. That is just to name a few. I guess to EA/Bioware, the 40% who didn't want to pay the sub fee matters more. Go figure why the game has last so many subs with decision making like that.

EDIT: And to add to this, check out the multiple 100+ page unsubscriber threads to find out why people have quit the game. I haven't seen any responses that I know (and I have read every page of each of those threads) of that suggest what they see as the "40%".

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

EA has stated -

Dude, it was 40% of those that quit. The other 60% quit too, but for other reasons.

You are part of the still playing, so you don't qualify as part of the 60% being referred to.

You either need to get on topic or rename your thread IMO. :D

Edited by Andryah

Pretty sure that 40% said that the game wasn't worth 15 bucks a month.

Which isn't the same as wanting it to go F2P...

I agree. People filling out the exit survey probably meant "the game sucks and is not worth $15/month" and didn't mean "the game is fantastic but I'm leaving due to the current subscription model."

Isn't it grand how they would twist the metrics to support their f2p decision?

lol I bet they counted anyone who was leaving for Guild War 2 as leaving because of the sub fee.

No, people are leaving because the game sucks, and GW2 looks awesome. People aren't going to GW2 just because there's no monthly fee.

I agree. People filling out the exit survey probably meant "the game sucks and is not worth $15/month" and didn't mean "the game is fantastic but I'm leaving due to the current subscription model."

Isn't it grand how they would twist the metrics to support their f2p decision?

Their exit surveys were designed to specifically feret out the f2p proponents, so I actually think they data mined fairly accurately. One thing the do well is survey data mining. Always have, even though people get bent if they feel they don't necessarily act on the data.

And it's not like they did not have a large enough sample size of quitters.

Relax, its just PR translation... :D

player 1: "i sick of this customer service, i dont want to pay for this"

player 2: "where new warzones? Where Illum? i refuse to pay, cuz you lazy lalalala"

bioware PR: "For players who cancelled their subscriptions, feedback provided as they cancelled indicated that 40% were turned off by the monthly subscription fee."

:p:p:p

What about the 60%?

Yeah, I chuckled when I read that bit too. I don't recall responding when I cancelled last time, so how many actually did? Not to mention that "many" is pretty meaningless. So they are backing this up by addressing the issue less than half of those, who responded, mentioned as a problem and for an unknown percentage of that less than half who might come back?

Really?

Wow... :rolleyes:

Edited by SirRobin

EA has stated -

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.

The other 60% is spread out within the rest of the categories. It wasn't 60% was all one other answer.

How do you not understand that?

EA has stated -

That right there is a blatant lie by EA. That is their way of pushing the blame on the consumer rather than their failure as a gaming company. That statement right there just really pisses me off. They lost 60% of their population because the game was a 2004 version of WoW. Almost everything they took except from maybe Huttball was straight from WoW. Not only that they gave us a horrible resolve system, almost every class had 2 or more forms of cc, 1.2 ended the game for a number of people because of the horrible class balance. Ba the list goes on and on. EA 40% of the population didnt complain about sub fee's, that 40% complained that sub fees were not worth it for the overall content of this game.

EA has stated -

Prepare to be disappointed.

That right there is a blatant lie by EA. That is their way of pushing the blame on the consumer rather than their failure as a gaming company. That statement right there just really pisses me off. They lost 60% of their population because the game was a 2004 version of WoW. Almost everything they took except from maybe Huttball was straight from WoW. Not only that they gave us a horrible resolve system, almost every class had 2 or more forms of cc, 1.2 ended the game for a number of people because of the horrible class balance. Ba the list goes on and on. EA 40% of the population didnt complain about sub fee's, that 40% complained that sub fees were not worth it for the overall content of this game.

And yet you pay this 'evil' company to access the game that you apparently hate so much.

It's the stupid questionaire when you cancel your sub, there is probably some question about suibscription fees and silly people say it bothers them - but what they mean is "this game is not worth $15/month).

But EA tries to spin this for the shareholder and community and wants to sell it as 40% of those who quit would come back if it was f2p.

Too bad that f2p means that you will have a very limited experience, with less of everything. So if those 40% didn't want to pay for a full game experience, I highly doubt that they will waste their time on a free and very limited game experience, much less waste cash in EA's stupid item shop.

Anyone who plays mmos knows there is a fee per month. I dont see ppl leaving because of the 15.00 a month. People still played SWG after they gutted it and still paid for it. they didnt leave becuase of the cost it was because they changed it.

please are leaving this game because of a lot of reasons i dont see them wanted to admit so just say they leave because of the cost.

Hhmm, hey EA lower they monthly price.. that would be nice