Is this a TOS violation?

nellosmomishot

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.

Is it against the terms of service to trade wins in rated warzones? If so, what is the best way to report players engaged in such behavior?

Backstory: There's a guild on my server that waits until they have two teams ready to queue. They then queue at the same time and trade wins back and forth. If they get a queue pop that isn't against their own team they drop queue leaving other teams in TIME OUT until the warzone this guild chose to abandon is over.

I could really care less about their win trading, but if it is a way to have action taken against their accounts for making me sit in an empty warzone several times every night then I will pursue it.

I could really care less about sitting in an empty warzone several times every night , but if it is a way to have action taken against their accounts for their win trading then I will pursue it.

Fixed for BW's CSR's sake.

Step 1:

Report the ticket in game with the Players names/Guilds

Step 2:

???

Step 3:

Profit

Hey there,

I can't really answer your question I'm afraid, but out of curiosity... if it's a group of 4 waiting to fight against a group of 4, how do they simply trade the wins? Wouldn't the pug players come into the equation?

I mean I see how one group of 4 can simply not help and therefore contribute to a loss, but does it really work out well for the team trying to trade wins when they have pugs who aren't cooperating and drawing out the win/loss plan?

I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Hey there,

I can't really answer your question I'm afraid, but out of curiosity... if it's a group of 4 waiting to fight against a group of 4, how do they simply trade the wins? Wouldn't the pug players come into the equation?

I mean I see how one group of 4 can simply not help and therefore contribute to a loss, but does it really work out well for the team trying to trade wins when they have pugs who aren't cooperating and drawing out the win/loss plan?

Ranked Warzones. You can que with 8 people.

Hey there,

You can't group for Rateds w/o 8 players, these are two teams of 8 players trading wins.

Backstory: There's a guild on my server that waits until they have two teams ready to queue. They then queue at the same time and trade wins back and forth. If they get a queue pop that isn't against their own team they drop queue leaving other teams in TIME OUT until the warzone this guild chose to abandon is over.

I don't believe it's abuse if both teams are playing by the rules and are not intentionally win-trading.

My guild and several others join together and do this - queueing at the same time with 2 teams of 8. But from our point of view it's a necessity, and I'm sure the situation is very similar on other servers. There is one guild that is pretty much unbeatable and they are queuing at nearly all hours of the day. I know most people will stop reading at this point, but continue below to get the whole context.

There's no point at all in playing RWZ if you're going to lose every single game - you can get RWZ commendations faster by winning and losing in regular warzones and trading in the commendations. More importantly, it's not fun to play one-sided games.

I don't see how it could possibly be abuse if we are playing by the rules and both teams, even if pre-determined, are trying their hardest to win. We even swap around players if one side looks too stacked so both sides have a fighting chance.

I could see it being called "abuse" if each team would take turns playing dead, doing absolutely nothing and letting the other team win. But it's not like that. To get the most medals, commendations, and fun, both sides play to their full ability.

Honestly, if we couldn't do this and were restricted to playing only heavily one-sided games - steamrolling pugs, or getting steamrolled by the professional team to plays this game as an actual job (yes, they have live streams on all day and get paid for it) PvP really wouldn't be much fun at all. It's the closest we can get to a level playing field.

Edited by Jenzali

There's no point at all in playing RWZ if you're going to lose every single game - you can get RWZ commendations faster by winning and losing in regular warzones and trading in the commendations. More importantly, it's not fun to play one-sided games.

Perhaps this comment is more for the suggestion forum, and if this is already implemented I apologize since I have not yet participated in the rated war zones. But perhaps a team score system like that used in SC2's rated matches would help with this. assigning points based on individual win/loss to create a team score. So if your "team" is miles better than everyone else, your que would be long initially. this could give lower point teams matches to catch up to the high skilled guilds.

Perhaps this comment is more for the suggestion forum, and if this is already implemented I apologize since I have not yet participated in the rated war zones. But perhaps a team score system like that used in SC2's rated matches would help with this. assigning points based on individual win/loss to create a team score. So if your "team" is miles better than everyone else, your que would be long initially. this could give lower point teams matches to catch up to the high skilled guilds.

There is a matching system in theory (I think), but in practice it never gets used on most servers. Very seldom will there be more than 2 teams queuing at any time, so you just keep getting matched against the only other available team.

In addition to the matching, the rating is diminishing return the higher rating you are over the losing team. And I believe (might be wrong) the rating movement is zero-sum. So they could only sacrifice the rating of the toons of their "losing" team to a certain extent.

Having said that, the win-trading scheme can protect their "winning" team's rating by letting only the "losing" team (always with crap rating) to face other teams and allow the "losing" team to gain massive rating against other team.

Probably should penalise (rating) team not accepting queue pop too.