How many warzones a week?

metalgearyoda

Gmail for aditional email address

Create aditional Game Account * you DO NOT have to buy a game box or CD Key, F2P games do not work that way, the current unlimited Free2L15 does not work that way, the F2P will not either

Create Toon

PvP on toon untill Weekly Limit

Repeat of hit weekly limit and want to pvp more

Edited by CKNairb

Is a available to free to play accounts? If its too low the queues for low level pvp are going to die.

They have not said anything on this yet, so whoever said it is guessing at this point. Your question, however, is better directed at the Q&A thread since it will be based on the f2p model. Not that I expect them to answer at this point or they would have put it in the FAQ.

There will probably be a limit with an purchasable "upgrade" option to make that limit go away. They will also offer a number of "core" quests/planets with others able to be purchased. DDO online did a similar method and it really rejuvenated that game. The subscription based population had really dwindled and introducing ftp brought it back to life. There is a TON of money to be made of micro transactions. You keep a subscription model for those who want it and it givees them unlimited access but those who want ftp can pick and chose the content they would like to have.

Not sure how successful it will be here as quest structures are vastly different in this game but i think it will be fine. You will have an influx of new people that will make pvp a headache for a few months but most of them will get decent. The ones that don't will join the ranks of the bads that have been playing for 7 months and are still bad.

There will probably be a limit with an purchasable "upgrade" option to make that limit go away. They will also offer a number of "core" quests/planets with others able to be purchased. DDO online did a similar method and it really rejuvenated that game. The subscription based population had really dwindled and introducing ftp brought it back to life. There is a TON of money to be made of micro transactions. You keep a subscription model for those who want it and it givees them unlimited access but those who want ftp can pick and chose the content they would like to have.

Not sure how successful it will be here as quest structures are vastly different in this game but i think it will be fine. You will have an influx of new people that will make pvp a headache for a few months but most of them will get decent. The ones that don't will join the ranks of the bads that have been playing for 7 months and are still bad.

Exactly, I've been sitting here wondering why everyone is freaking out about FTP when I think it is actually going to make the game more money which will hopefully translate into more resources, more content etc.

My guess is you will have to buy Ilum/Black Hole among many other things if you want to do them. It was boon for DDO and I don't see why it won't be for TOR.

FTP is a good thing IMO.

Edited by Kawiki

Exactly, I've been sitting here wondering why everyone is freaking out about FTP when I think it is actually going to make the game more money which will hopefully translate into more resources, more content etc.

My guess is you will have to buy Ilum/Black Hole among many other things if you want to do them. It was boon for DDO and I don't see why it won't be for TOR.

FTP is a good thing IMO.

Free-to-play Pay-to-win.

Its been done. If bioware wants to rake in serious cash like all other Free to play games all they have to do is put Warlord gear with 4000 expertise on each piece in the "cash-shop". Charge $2000 a piece and someone will buy it for a grand total of $20,000 USD.

That's how free to play games make serious money.

Edited by Yeochins

Free-to-play Pay-to-win.

Its been done. If bioware wants to rake in serious cash like all other Free to play games all they have to do is put Warlord gear with 4000 expertise on each piece in the "cash-shop". Charge $2000 a piece and someone will buy it for a grand total of $20,000 USD.

I really hope you don't actually think this. I mean, if you do, then that's just said. So many games have done free to play without being pay to win.

20 warzones a week, and 20 emotes a week.

if bioware wasn't retarded, they would do something like world of tanks for pvp. basically, you get x number of warzones where you get full credit, but after that is used up, you get 50% of the all rewards.

it's too bad that bioware is retarded though, isn't it? oh well.

Free-to-play Pay-to-win.

Really? Someone will pay $2,000 for a piece of armor? Don't you think are over exaggerating just a tiny bit?

Really? Someone will pay $2,000 for a piece of armor? Don't you think are over exaggerating just a tiny bit?

no dude he is the master businessman who knows everything that is going on

dont let his unreasonable comments fool you

I'm guessing 10 per week because anything more than that you're probably giving away too much, at least not without gear restriction. There might be gear restriction too, but if you can wear at least blues then you can pretty much play 10-49 PvP for free and some would argue this is the better part of the game anyway.

I wont guess the number but I can tell you that they know how many WZ's a week you and I play.

So if say, 80% of the players are playing 42 matches a week ,the F2P will be ~30, if we are playing 35 it will be 20.

The goal is to maximize new players and minimize the loss. All of us who are happy (me) and willing to pay have a point where we would switch to F2P. My guess is that it will be something whereby you can complete your daily.

I also think it will be a per character amount. So maybe 30 per character and 60 total.

FTP is a good thing IMO.

It will only translate i to more content for the Cartel Store, they transitioned to the cartel store for a reason, that reason was NOT to give free stuff away.

Why do people not get this, they exist to make money, they are not a charity

It will only translate i to more content for the Cartel Store, they transitioned to the cartel store for a reason, that reason was NOT to give free stuff away.

You can't make money if your tactics drive away all of your customers. Games that go P2W drive away customers.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that they will avoid P2W.

Of course any company is setup to make money. I'm sure there are going to be convenience items in the store that we'll all want. If they make it so you NEED to buy something from the store to be competitive in PvP/PvE that's when the game will no longer be fun.

Here is hoping they are smarter then that. If not, I'm sure a lot of people will move on. Really no sense in freaking out about it now however.

Edited by Kawiki