After Warhammer should have we have expected any different?

Entropicus

I actually never saw a problem with Warhammer, at all.

Played for 3 years and recently quit to move to this game.

Still the best pvp ive played.

Unless they fixed it to where keep battles are viable again...I can't see how they managed that. The RvR content was the real draw for WAR in my opinion. when they pretty much killed my castle and keep battles they did a real number on that.

Especially with how things were run behind the scenes?

http://m.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803

Shines some light on things.

is this EA Louse? yeah no...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.238567-David-Jaffe-F-Bombs-the-EA-Louse

not to mention he was still wrong about a great many things about SWTOR.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.238567-David-Jaffe-F-Bombs-the-EA-Louse

David Jaffe admits in the article he knows nothing about the situation other than what the Louse said. He's admitting ignorance.

Why do I care what he has to say?

The louse lost his job due to outsourcing overseas. Tell me with a straight face that wouldn't piss you off immesnly if it happened to you.

EA deserves every ounce of hatred and vitriol directed towards it. EA is the quintessential example of what's wrong with American companies today!

Edited by Xanikk

You must not know EA's past history or you really have too much faith in people after they have proved otherwise.

I'm just trying to keep an open mind. I have seen what EA has done. I guess I'm hoping they won't do it again.

Its sad, Jacobs got shafted and everyone knew it. How the hell do you ruin SW and SWTOR in less than a year. Are these guys all politicians?

Even politicians who can't bury sh*t in the backyard know when to call a press conference and come out with the truth.

EA, you suck. Thanks for killing SWTOR just by BEING part of it. And BioWare, shame on you for letting them drag your name down with it. When it comes down to it, it's BW that suffers because EA is nothing but another corporate powerhouse that will still be around after BW fails and takes the brunt of this. GOOD JOB EA GOOD JOB...per usual! :mad:

Edited by Isisus

Here is a quote from the upper management trashing a laid off employee in your article

"He also expressed frustration with the way many people in the industry think that their ideas and opinions are better than those of the people who are actually in charge of a project"

Those guys in charge basically copied wow and threw a Star wars sticker on it, and added some voice overs

Great ideas :D

Edited by Ensquire

Here is a quote from the upper management trashing a laid off employee in your article

"He also expressed frustration with the way many people in the industry think that their ideas and opinions are better than those of the people who are actually in charge of a project"

Those guys in charge basically copied wow and threw a Star wars sticker on it, and added some voice overs

Great ideas :D

Typical bad management without a clue of what works laying off those not resposible for his mess.

If it makes sense upper management has to do the opposite lol

Speaking of, snipped this from another forum

They need to sell everything they can and get profitable to keep the game alive. They have a good 9 months to make that happen. Word is from the higher ups that if its not in the black and bold by then, they are getting the Mythic treatment. You'll have a small live team of maybe five to ten people total and the server guys. And that's it.

Especially with how things were run behind the scenes?

http://m.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803

Shines some light on things.

That's how most gaming companies run. Artist and 3d modelers are first to go. The game is release and most of the artist are no longer need about 6 months after release as 90% of the assets are done and they reuse a lot for new content.

#1 The MMO concept is come up with

#2 the first team that is put together is the team that will stay after release as well

#3 release is about a year away they ramp up artist and 3d modelers to get stuff done asap.

#4 post release they continue to work on future art ect...

#5 6 months after release they no longer need the bloated team so they cut loose contractors ect..

What the guy failed to mention in that post was he hired on a contract basis.. He knew he had a good chance of not getting a new contract. This is taught to you in gaming 101 in college.

Nothing new this is very standard.. you trim the fat