So whos actually unsubbing because of this?

DarthWoad

This changes nothing for subscribers, besides the fact that this secures more revenues for EA/Bioware.

So I really don't see why someone whould unsub over that.

This changes everything... EA will makes this pay 2 win, because bottom line EA about money. Content is not going to come any faster

Edited by Ensquire

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows the contempt these companies have . Failed after 6 months and 120 million dollars or what ever they spent because they chose to copy wow and end up being a duplication of wow interms of content . But at least in wow you can travel through cities and open areas without continually instancing !

Again to satisfy teenagers and not hard core players. Simple options and easy obtained rewards for simple minds.

Well stuff this , soon as this goes f2p thats it and i hope this game is wiped out

SWG had much better content in early days and certainly a lot better levelling system then the wow copy kats that try to outcopy each other. It certainly despite have much larger areas with NO INSTANCING ON PLANETS AT ALL , did not lag . It only lagged after the revamp of swg

Free to Play means they have given up and frankly i hope one day there will be a proper hybrid sandbox theme park based on one of the popular fantasy films or stories . Very disappointed

They relied on crap instancing - cheap gimmick to avoid performance testing

This changes everything... EA will makes this pay 2 win, because bottom line EA about money

They were after your money when it was P2P as well.

Except then they could get lazy and not release any content and in effect making it so you are paying for nothing but access to a game that you already bought.

Lol no way. They cant be that retarded. I would be surprised if its anything more than xp boosts, and moddable armor you can buy for credits.

lotro have booster packs for your stats. you have really no clue on what F2P is. anyone like to have +50 or +100 on endurance? ==> Cartel shop !

With guild wars 2 around the corner this month, and my general lack of interest in the game lately, I am. It was a fun, short play into this MMO, but it wasn't enough to get me hooked.

Valid reason. We all lose interest in things and move on, at one point or another.

Also, I've seen what FTP models do to a game, and it is no bueno.

This statement does however not correlate with your move to GW2. It's like saying that shooters suck while pre-ordering Halo 4.

The first time that I am forced to buy an item in order to make a piece of gear or complete a quest, I am done. I hope the developers are listening! I played the train wreck that is/was LOTRO...I am NOT doing that again.

They were after your money when it was P2P as well.

Except then they could get lazy and not release any content and in effect making it so you are paying for nothing but access to a game that you already bought.

I agree with you, as Developers go, they were incredibly arrogant and didn't listen to the community at all. They dug their own grave with this. The worst part about this paying customers payed for expansions to europe and asia. As a paying customer you also payed to help Bioware pay for this free 2 play model rather then new content.

Edited by Ensquire

This changes everything... EA will makes this pay 2 win, because bottom line EA about money

But again... you despise "pay2win" over "pay2play"? What's the difference?

If you are willing to pay to play, why not pay to "have access to all the game" (what you call pay to win over totally non proven facts)

I will continue to sub... also, now I can definitely convince way more friends to play.

And btw...

The amount of hate this game received all over the internet is astounding. Hate and posts that it's not worth sub. Well... all haters now can shut up... they lost argument here...

On other note.... the worst thing that happened to SWTOR was that SOE shut down SWG... all these butthurt SGW fans who did not find this game SWG2 were the most vicious haters.

Edited by Evensong

But again... you despise "pay2win" over "pay2play"? What's the difference?

If you are willing to pay to play, why not pay to "have access to all the game" (what you call pay to win over totally non proven facts)

EA has a track record of p!ssing all over its player base and customers and squeezing them for all they are worth then squeezing that p!ss all over them again. EA is like cancer, i don't think cancer can improve this game overall.

Edited by Ensquire

Because by staying subscribed you will be supporting a company that endorses P2W.... but if you are okay with P2W that's your business.

Pay2Win is a myth created over rumors and nothingness.

You pay to access all the game, the same way you are now.

Pay to "win" what?!? PvP? Operations?? Non subscribers don't even have access to those, or minimally?? Over whom would you even be winning??

I really haven't decided yet. I will have to see A) how fast they actually do roll out content B) what said content is [fluff vs. real content] and C) How much 15 bucks really gets me.

Yeah, that's how I feel at the moment. If they use F2P as an excuse to not push out content, I'll unsub.

No problems here. They are taking care of their subs and we get more content. It's a win, win, in my book. I'm not going anywhere and will continue paying 15 bucks a month. I mere pittance given the entertainment value.

Pay2Win is a myth created over rumors and nothingness.

You pay to access all the game, the same way you are now.

Pay to "win" what?!? PvP? Operations?? Non subscribers don't even have access to those, or minimally?? Over whom would you even be winning??

i bet you said swtor would nvr go f2p either

I will be staying to see how this all pans out. From the sound of it, as it stands, nothing changes besides subbing players getting more content/freebies. Of course, like many people, I feel this was a knee jerk reaction and they should have waited at least a few more months then the plan to. But this is what we get, so let us see how things go before we get too upset.

And anyone on these forums saying they are going to GW2 don't fool yourself. Their most recent beta was terrible. They had no idea how to debug their own servers and were asking players on the forums what they thought the issue was. So servers were horrible, but their cash shop was up and running already. Had way more then just vanity clothing too. Enjoy buying potions there with real money.

Rather than wailing like a 12 year old and running away, I plan to wait and see what F2P will actually do to the game. If it takes the path I fear EA will steer it down, then yes, I will likely take my leave.

Otherwise, I'm here to stay.

this.