How To Fix FPS / LAG Issue !! < < < < < <

Hedzlol

I had a 4600+ @2.7ghz and was getting ability lag, but now that I spent $600 and built a new PC I have no more lag (i5 2500k @4.5ghz). avg 60+FPS

To the people that don't want to spend money on new rigs for gaming, I suggest you go console. I understand it's tough to stay up on PC specs, but that's what you have to do to game on PC. I don't agree with scaling a game down for mid range PC systems, it makes no sense to out date the game you are developing just so a small percent of people can run it on "High" settings. I spent the money so that I could appreciate the work the devs put in, and play the game the way they intended it to be played.

You get what you put into PC gaming, old rig, expect low or unplayable framerates.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 4600+ @2.7ghz and was getting ability lag, but now that I spent $600 and built a new PC I have no more lag (i5 2500k @4.5ghz). avg 60+FPS

To the people that don't want to spend money on new rigs for gaming, I suggest you go console. I understand it's tough to stay up on PC specs, but that's what you have to do to game on PC. I don't agree with scaling a game down for mid range PC systems, it makes no sense to out date the game you are developing just so a small percent of people can run it on "High" settings. I spent the money so that I could appreciate the work the devs put in, and play the game the way they intended it to be played.

You get what you put into PC gaming, old rig, expect low or unplayable framerates.

I dunno if you read my post but I'll sum it up for you......My computer will run essentially any game on earth on all high settings and runs swtor flawlessly in all stages of the game no matter what is on screen. Its a 1 year old $1000+ liquid cooled beast that eats crysis/metro 2023/the witcher for breakfast. The 480 gtx is one of the biggest, meanest graphic cards you can possible have. The Phenom II 6x is a hex core processor (that said your sandy bridge is about 1/6 faster).

Point is: this is not just people with terrible computers complaining about something they should have seen coming. There are people who are angry (a little; I'll give bioware some time) who top shelf setups who cannot play warzones on any settings.

Next person who posts something along the lines of "your comp sux maybe you should build another" gets a forcechoke!

PS: CPU temp sits at about 65-70c ingame (so that can't be it)

Edited by Stealthsultan

oh man, must suck to play with everything set on low :o.

The only place i had bit of fps problem was in in taris, but that was because that place was full of trees and grasses. I set it to max and sometimes falls to 30 fps.

Its a shame you cant enjoy the beautiful game environment :/

actually, they had a memory leak on taris, if you got lag there, it wasn't your fault at all. known issue theyre working to resolve

Edited by HollowVamp

I run an 8800 gts 512 and a amd 1055t oced to 3.6ghz I have all settings on high except shadows are off and ambient occlusion set to conversations. I run around 40-60 fps except in cantinas. my processor is definitely getting used, my temps almost 55c

Omg ppl get you'r pc's upgraded, build you'r own. Going out buying a dell for $200, and expecting a decent FPS hasn't worked since DOOM. I have yet to see my FPS below 80. I spent a whopping 2000 on a custom rig.

Currently running;

http://i43.tinypic.com/ipxpuw.jpg

& Grahpic Card(s);

http://i44.tinypic.com/k1q5xk.jpg

Which SHOULD run this game without a problem..

Since i dont have problems with BF3 it sounds very strange that i should have a problem running this game

this is problem on the server side or we talk about different things. ppl have huge problems with skill delays/lags that makes PVP unplayable. I have 50ms latency and when I run to fight my skills have something 1-3s delays after global cooldown.

that product is failure. 6 years of development and that tiny thing like 8 vs 8 matches are unplayable even on "light" servers. that is no excuse for pathetic and lazy dev work with that. I bought this game only for PVP and I saw every other MMO released last 12 years and I have to say this is the worst PVP system and optimisation I've ever seen.

Edit.. look at other MMOs like Rift, Warhammer, AoC, DAoC with their 100 vs 100 matches without any delay and lag and compare it to this crap.

DOOD i agree. I really thought this game would blow my mind b/c of Nights of the Old republic and my memories of SWG. PVP is truly boring at lvl 10. They say wait for high end pvp but look at Aion and EQ2. Aion i had a lvl 34 fully gold PVP gear and in Aion you get awesome moves past 30s and not just an upgraded dmg wise move like this game. *** i believe they were emphasizing that spamming the same button was boring but *** by lvl 25 i have ALL my moves. Does that not sound like a spam or what? it's like lightning, shock, crushing nightmare, shield bubble, that's my roatation and it's the same everytime. NO big nukes, no nothing BOOORRRRIINNNGGG. however long they were working on this game, i feel like they spent more time making the trailers look epic than the game.

I recommend SWTOR developers to make a SWTOR movie ( like the trailer) and fascinate us with that rather than this game's pvp.

I dunno if you read my post but I'll sum it up for you......My computer will run essentially any game on earth on all high settings and runs swtor flawlessly in all stages of the game no matter what is on screen. Its a 1 year old $1000+ liquid cooled beast that eats crysis/metro 2023/the witcher for breakfast. The 480 gtx is one of the biggest, meanest graphic cards you can possible have. The Phenom II 6x is a hex core processor (that said your sandy bridge is about 1/6 faster).

Point is: this is not just people with terrible computers complaining about something they should have seen coming. There are people who are angry (a little; I'll give bioware some time) who top shelf setups who cannot play warzones on any settings.

Next person who posts something along the lines of "your comp sux maybe you should build another" gets a forcechoke!

Hahaha, SERIOUSLY!

...sigh. I've said it before, I'll say it again I guess...

I got a quad core at 2.6ghz, 6 gigs of ram, geforce GTS 450.

Everything works great EXCEPT WARZONES.

Studying my CPU Usage and GPU Usage during Warzones, here is what I find: My CPU stays at about 60% usage, with very seldom 80% spikes on a couple cores. Meanwhile, my GPU, or quote un-quote "MY BOTTLENECK" (lol), Stays at 15-40 PERCENT GPU USAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When lots of action is taking place, my GPU usage drops to 15%, WHERE DOES THAT MAKE ANY EFFING SENSE?

I can run any game on the market right now, and it will NEVER GO BELOW 70% GPU USAGE, EVER!

Ya, I'm pissed off. Very pissed off. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, but I'm over it now. Pre-order = CANCELED!

Maybe there is some "coding" that makes mid range systems not work as well (AKA AMD), I dunno. It's EA, so I don't doubt it. EA is not passionate about gaming, they care only about the all mighty $.

Oh well, you guys have fun with your lame *** broken game, I've got better things to be doing.

Hahaha, SERIOUSLY!

Studying my CPU Usage and GPU Usage during Warzones, here is what I find: My CPU stays at about 60% usage, with very seldom 80% spikes on a couple cores. Meanwhile, my GPU, or quote un-quote "MY BOTTLENECK" (lol), Stays at 15-40 PERCENT GPU USAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When lots of action is taking place, my GPU usage drops to 15%, WHERE DOES THAT MAKE ANY EFFING SENSE?

I can run any game on the market right now, and it will NEVER GO BELOW 70% GPU USAGE, EVER!

Ya, I'm pissed off. Very pissed off. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, but I'm over it now. Pre-order = CANCELED!

Maybe there is some "coding" that makes mid range systems not work as well (AKA AMD), I dunno. It's EA, so I don't doubt it. EA is not passionate about gaming, they care only about the all mighty $.

Oh well, you guys have fun with your lame *** broken game, I've got better things to be doing.

Your right, The game itself dind't live up to the expectations at all it seems.

Yeah, Let's all blame the Devs on their first MMORPG ever, and they're bugs/memory leaks at launch :rolleyes:

Whiny Kids, you didn't play WoW at launch did you?

Anyways, I have the Phenom II6 also @ 2.8 GHZ

5770 1GB

Nothing special, I get 40-60 FPS while questing, 25 in WZ.

No idea if that's what I should be getting.

Edited by Neeseek

I have the same CPU as yourself and would just like to point out that the advised Max safe temp by AMD for these chips is actually 62c and ideally aiming for 5c cooler than than for long term use.

That being said I too notice fps lag at times, was running athiss and noticed it drop to 30fps from 110 and 20 mins later I ran it again with no lag at all so something's screwy.

I tried warzones/pvp for the first time last night at about 2:30 am pst with a steady 60 ms ping and I experienced this "Lag" where everything was lagging from abilities, to players teleporting around and even targeting. I would switch my target and it would take 2-3 seconds for it to actually update and select that target so needless to say I was nearly dead by the time I was able to attack the enemy.

Warzones are unplayable for me in this state :(

(My pc has a quadcore intel processor with 4GB ram windows 7 and a eVGA GTX 560Ti)

Hahaha, SERIOUSLY!

I canceled too :D same issue, but i dont have that überPC like most of u. but devs said you can play with lowend machines. for me pve is ok. pvp is just ********.

Well canceled, and i wait a bit more then look back to this cartoon mmo.

PS: I run Skyrim on ULTRA+mods. Just saying because Skyrim has 8888888 times better graphics (without mods too) than this. Just thats not mmo...shame... :D

Here i have 100 fps on ship, in space its average 40 with random spikes when its 5 for a half sec. dunno why, makes no sense for me. around 50 when i pve-ing(but even if i standing still, its jumping 25-50 randomly), 8-10 if i fight players. Even if i just duel someone at tatooine LOLZ

EDIT: Ohh not to mention that few video options in settings....... its 2011, almost 2012. Even crap games have more options to chose to finetune the game...

Edited by Eciso

Tested out some video settings. i had 7-10 fps with all low setting, shadows off. then i changed to all max, and i got 7-10 fps. ok, i gone into less fpslaggy place, my fps was 30-40 on max, changed to low, and its still 30-40. hehh what a bullsh.t.

this is problem on the server side or we talk about different things. ppl have huge problems with skill delays/lags that makes PVP unplayable. I have 50ms latency and when I run to fight my skills have something 1-3s delays after global cooldown.

that product is failure. 6 years of development and that tiny thing like 8 vs 8 matches are unplayable even on "light" servers. that is no excuse for pathetic and lazy dev work with that. I bought this game only for PVP and I saw every other MMO released last 12 years and I have to say this is the worst PVP system and optimisation I've ever seen.

Edit.. look at other MMOs like Rift, Warhammer, AoC, DAoC with their 100 vs 100 matches without any delay and lag and compare it to this crap.

Thank god somone with sense

oh man, must suck to play with everything set on low :o.

The only place i had bit of fps problem was in in taris, but that was because that place was full of trees and grasses. I set it to max and sometimes falls to 30 fps.

Its a shame you cant enjoy the beautiful game environment :/

Actually Taris has load issues that have nothing to do with fps or latency.

1. About lag. Usually I have 60ms and thats quite enough for MMO. But sometimes ping jumps to 10k and then I'm disconnected from server. Problem definitely isn't with my internet connection because at the same time I have no problem talking to people in my party via Skype.

It doesn't bugs during questing, but in PVP and Flashpoint it freaks me out.

2. About FPS. After turning the shadows off I have 60-80 fps, but sometimes it drops to 20-30, for example when looking at the cantina on Hutta, centre of Imperial Fleet. Also after some time the game starts to freeze for a few seconds, but I think this is problem with my HDD, so I've bought Crucial M4 SSD and will test it tonight :D

1. About lag. Usually I have 60ms and thats quite enough for MMO. But sometimes ping jumps to 10k and then I'm disconnected from server. Problem definitely isn't with my internet connection because at the same time I have no problem talking to people in my party via Skype.

It doesn't bugs during questing, but in PVP and Flashpoint it freaks me out.

2. About FPS. After turning the shadows off I have 60-80 fps, but sometimes it drops to 20-30, for example when looking at the cantina on Hutta, centre of Imperial Fleet. Also after some time the game starts to freeze for a few seconds, but I think this is problem with my HDD, so I've bought Crucial M4 SSD and will test it tonight :D

i just stuck an m4 into my new build its beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful.

also; GT, my new rig cost me next to nothing with 2gb of nicked "family pc" ram cause i forgot to order it what a *** eh, ati 5450, amd 3.60 bulldozer, ssd, win 7, don't drop below 60fps anywhere on max (minus AA)

What is the matter with all you jacked up high-end pc users? Is it possible that you can't see past the drooling over machines you payed ridiculus ammounts for? Do you really think that a game branded as an Mmo and released for milions of people should have such drastic pc requirements? How is that even good marketing?

Further more, do you really believe that because of the 10% of people with high-end pc's the rest will chunk whatever ammounts from their wallets in order to play one game while the rest of them have been playing just fine till now? I myself have no admiration towards insane configurations, especialy not towards people who would say to upgrade their i5 to an i7 because "you know, it's just not high-end-state-of-the-art".

This is my pc:

i3 2105 dual core 3.1 Ghz

8 gb ram ddr3

Asus gtx 560 1gb gddr5

I love my pc, It never failed me, with any game.

Bioware failed to satisfy the general consumer.

And the so many comments from high-end users, so far, haven't resolved nothing.

Server traffic + Your system could cause this. If you have programs that do auto-updates from the web or scans like anti-virus programs. Shut those off while playing or edit the times that they do their respective scan or updates. I play on full server every night with zero frame drops. My game graphics are set to Ultra High with 1080p res. I'm on PVE, I have no comment on the PVP. Edited by XDrcaul

Ya I totally want to go spend 600 dollars so I can run this game at 60 fps. Amazing idea bro, maybe we should do that for every game? Some of us have lives and don't feel like upgrading for each new game, the developers should build the game around mid PC specs so that the majority of players get 60 fps. Not the top 10 percent of you.

$600 for 60 fps? not on this game, you probably looking to break 1k (if you want 60 with everything high including shadows) and even then don't go into a WZ cause something on the server side causes huge fps drops, anyone who says they don't get it is lieing or hasn't played enough WZs.

spot on...

this is extreme for me...

for me in warzones, even chat has a 1sec delay before what i typed actually shows up.

skill delay anywhere between 1-3sec.

this wasnt as bad before 20.12. during early access everything was super smooth but now its just crazy ... its bordering on the unplayable at times...

this is definitely a server side issue...i get constant high fps in all zones except fleet and warzones ... fix it ...

I switched from a GTS250, running the game on low settings with about 10-30 fps in pvp/questing, to a Radeon 6850 (Not the BEST card but a pretty steep upgrade comparatively), now running the game on.. 10-30 fps on low settings in pvp/questing.

=/ CPU Bottleneck? With an intel dual core, definitely, but the FPS indicator is green, indicating a GPU bottleneck (Maybe its not working properly). So I did some testing with a lot of programs/settings and noticed a few things, the main one being that my GPU usage while playing is at about 3% most of the time. Uh? In my ship where im getting 110 fps its at 40% on high, but in crowded areas where I need it the most, it hovers mostly on 0%

At first I was like, haha okay this program is broken as ****, but then I tested on multiple other usage programs and get the same ****. What gives? This seems to be my FPS problem.

All that aside I run the game better on high settings with the 6850 than low, especially with shadows off. I noticed the random FPS dips on low are a lot less frequent on high. (Going from 40-60 fps to 10-20 for a few seconds, almost feelings as though some debug program is running in the background or im downloading some fat file). In warzones I get 10-25 fps on all settings, with those random dips for no reason to 3-5fps for a second, then back to 20, not to mention the input lag for abilities is there 24/7.

A little off topic but the animations in this game are to account for some of the ability slowness. On my sorcerer, both healing spells take an extra .2-.4 seconds to actually heal you with no lag. That means, in my ship with 110 FPS and 20ms, when I hit a heal spell, the cast bar comes up IMMEDIATELY (This is good!) but when it finishes, it takes .2-.4 seconds to heal me. Not because of lag but because of the animation itself. Maybe bioware did this on purpose but it causes me some deaths every once in awhile. Couple this with the Warzone lag means 2.5 seconds = 4.5+

/vent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.