Guild rewards for converting Trial to Subscription

Samaul

I am a guild leader. We happily invite trial players to our guild because after joining our guild and becoming part of a SWTOR community where they can make friends and get help with the game they often become subscribers. Its a win for us as a guild because those who do sub usually make good guild members. If they dont sub, and go inactive, we just boot their toons after 30 days.

I think that guilds that invite trial players who buy the game and become subscribers should recieve some sort of guild perk or reward. The fate of SWTOR guilds and SWTOR as a game are linked. Why not make it official devs? :rak_03:

Edit: How we recruit

1. We post a guild recruiting message in General chat in whatever zone we are recruiting in every 10-15 mins. We DO NOT SPAM guild recruiting messages.

2. We are rarely trolled for recruiting and DO NOT RESPOND TO TROLLS in open chat when we are.

3. We give everyone information about our guild and ask them if they have any questions about our guild before inviting them so they know what they are getting into.

4. WE DO NOT POACH MEMBERS FROM OTHER GUILDS.

5. We get most of our recruits by whispering them individually, asking them if they are guilded. If they are not guilded, we ask them if they are looking for a guild.

6. WE NEVER SPAM RANDOM GUILD INVITES. We ask everyone if they want an invite before inviting them to our guild.

7. WE NEVER ASK ANYONE IF THEY ARE A TRIAL ACCOUNT. They only way we know they are a trial is if they tell us they are. We do not discriminate on the basis of trial/subscription.

Edited by Samaul
How we recruit

Your reward is +1 to total guild member count

There are rewards for referring a friend who converts from trial to sub. Why not for guilds and their members who convert from trial to sub?

Edited by Samaul

Because it's a dumb idea.

edit: by that I mean, it really adds nothing to the equation except making guilds zerg recruit (which can potentially be bad for both guild and player), and increase the number of obnoxious random invites you get on unguilded mules/alts.

Potential conversation:

"Hi, you don't have a guild. Would you like to join ours?"

"Sure! That'd be nice."

"Are you a trial member?"

"Me? No, I just left my old guild/guild disbanded/insert reason here"

"Hello? Are you still there? Can I still join?"

Edited by cshouston

Because it's a dumb idea.

edit: by that I mean, it really adds nothing to the equation except making guilds zerg recruit (which can potentially be bad for both guild and player), and increase the number of obnoxious random invites you get on unguilded mules/alts.

Potential conversation:

I find your post to be insulting and offensive. You make assumptions about our guild when you know nothing about us. Your post contributes nothing to this thread and is designed to start an argument or get a negative response.

Grow thicker skin. I never called out your guild. I don't even know your guild. I just think I have a pretty good idea of what a silly idea like that is bound to elicit from a server community. Relax, flapjack.

edit again: Basically, you are turning human assets into currency for a guild. How is that beneficial to anyone, really?

Edited by cshouston

I find your post to be insulting and offensive. You make assumptions about our guild when you know nothing about us. Your post contributes nothing to this thread and is designed to start an argument or get a negative response.

No, he brought up a possible flaw.

Your guild is not all guilds. While you may have an ethical way of going about gaining members, not all guilds will, and therein lies the possible problem. I saw the same possibility when I read the OP and I have no doubt some guilds, if not most, will do this.

Grow thicker skin. I never called out your guild. I don't even know your guild. I just think I have a pretty good idea of what a silly idea like that is bound to elicit from a server community. Relax, flapjack.

edit again: Basically, you are turning human assets into currency for a guild. How is that beneficial to anyone, really?

It seems that Blizzard thinks its a great idea. So good infact that they are recruiting guilds for just such a purpose.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6646217/Introducing_the_Guild_Mentoring_Program-7_10_2012

There are rewards for referring a friend who converts from trial to sub. Why not for guilds and their members who convert from trial to sub?

You're assuming that those players became subscribers because your guild is so amazing that they couldn't help but pull their credit cards out...get real.